'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Smart has the advantage of being at Georgia. The state has so much talent that it almost doesn’t matter. In that respect, they’re like LSU. Everyone can be replaced. What Saban has done is different. He selects more than he truly recruits. He can pass on guys that will undermine his ability to control the team. Nobody else is at that level. Not even Clemson or Ohio St.

I haven’t heard anything with regard to drugs, that’s just speculation on my part, and maybe unfair speculation. But I have heard he has real deal mental issues, like bipolar, psychosis stuff. I certainly don’t have any insiders or anyone official telling me this, but I‘ve heard this from LSU and Georgia folks and it’s not exactly a secret in Twitterland.

And let’s connect some dots…, LSU, not exactly an arbiter of virtue and morality, not only allowed him to walk, but sorta held the door open and handed him his hat on the way out. Soon after, he commits to Florida who was wide-eyed and willing to accept what many bill as the next Kyle Pitts, and after only a few days of accepting his commitment, there was a weird, unexplained decommitment and Florida completely stopped pursuing him. Then he commits to UGa and now weeks later, he’s not with the team. Something’s up with the young man and it’s deeper and more complex than a bad attitude and indecisiveness.
Kind of makes me wish someone would take him just to try to help him out. Forget about football. He’ll get better help with a school’s medical staff and resources. Hopefully UGA is doing this for him and not just kicking him off the team.

Reactions: Jaws
As I said back in May, I would say its suspect he ever plays college football again. Maybe he will make it back but its hard to envision a team getting any long-term use from him.

There is a lot to this story and it involved more than smoking.
Well, tell us the rest of the story

bailey isnt playing here

Last I checked HB is taking snaps and in practice. Neither you, I nor even the coaches know for sure who is going to be playing even by the end of the season (much less a year or two out) so perhaps you can keep your "definitive declarations" to a minimum, eh? But then, who am I kidding, this is VN :D

Last I checked HB is taking snaps and in practice. Neither you, I nor even the coaches know for sure who is going to be playing even by the end of the season (much less a year or two out) so perhaps you can keep your "definitive declarations" to a minimum, eh? But then, who am I kidding, this is VN :D
youre not the real gandalf.

Does Bailey really want to sit for 3 years just to play 1 year tho
Milton could have a huge season and decide to declare for the draft. Injuries could give Bailey the reins and he might excell and be the guy moving forward. There are just too many variables to write him off...especially during fall camp prior to his sophomore season. It amazes me how so many fans seem to forget that young guys need development and many aren't ready to play at a high level early. Some can go from the bench to all-conference as upperclassmen. There's a solid chance that Bailey is the guy next season. He could see time this season with two QBs that will run the ball and COVID possibly keeping guys out. He honestly reminds me of a guy like Trask for Florida. He wasn't the most talented guy on the roster, but he got his chance and ran with it...he could absolutely operate that offense. That's the other scenario...what if Milton and Hooker struggle? Too soon to write him off.

Milton could have a huge season and decide to declare for the draft. Injuries could give Bailey the reins and he might excell and be the guy moving forward. There are just too many variables to write him off...especially during fall camp prior to his sophomore season. It amazes me how so many fans seem to forget that young guys need development and many aren't ready to play at a high level early. Some can go from the bench to all-conference as upperclassmen. There's a solid chance that Bailey is the guy next season. He could see time this season with two QBs that will run the ball and COVID possibly keeping guys out. He honestly reminds me of a guy like Trask for Florida. He wasn't the most talented guy on the roster, but he got his chance and ran with it...he could absolutely operate that offense. That's the other scenario...what if Milton and Hooker struggle? Too soon to write him off.
Worst case scenario, he stays 3rd string but still takes a season learning the craft under Heupel/Haszle. Can participate in 4 games or less and still redshirt. Takes his time and finds the best match at another program. Transfers with immediate eligibility and has 4 years of eligibility. Nothing to hate.

VN Store

Back