'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Bailey was a true freshman running against SEC defenses this year. HB set GAHS records once he was on the same level as everyone else. Once he gets his SEC legs under him he’s going to do the same thing.
And had no spring or fall camp. Would’ve won the job if there was a fair competition.

Bailey was a true freshman running against SEC defenses this year. HB set GAHS records once he was on the same level as everyone else. Once he gets his SEC legs under him he’s going to do the same thing.
I know and really I like Bailey. I just have a hard time being positive now.
I’m turning into one of those guys.
I really hope this staff gets serious with Bailey, especially JC, because I think he has the tools to be a game changer for us at the QB position.
GBO!!

Yea, I was very pleased with what I saw from HB this year. He enrolled early but spring camp was cut very short for all and he then missed most of fall camp with Covid-19 issues and Pruitt admitted he did not give HB meaningful practice snaps until mid-season or so. I also witnessed that Pruitt didn’t get HB any meaningful snaps in games until he started. So, in context, HB performed very well.

Vols QB wants former five-star teammate to join him at Tennessee
The 6-foot-5, 249-pound Gilbert opted out of LSU's final two games this season, prompting plenty of speculation that he was on the verge of leaving the program. Gilbert, who was one of the Tigers' leading receivers at the time of his decision, finally went public Saturday with his decision to explore other options.

"I’d like to announce that I’m verbally entering the transfer portal," Gilbert tweeted Saturday. "I’d like to (thank) god for all the blessings he bestows upon me."

Gilbert, who later deleted the tweet, was ranked the No. 5 overall prospect and No. 1 tight end in the 2020 class and the No. 1 player from the state of Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was also named the Gatorade National Player of the Year coming out of Marietta High School, just outside Atlanta, where he was Bailey's favorite target for most of their high school careers.

Background for what’s happening right now.

Im playing golf & my phone is blowing up. I live in Baton Rouge & my LSU buddies are call me. Something is cookin' right now !!!!

He’s homesick and from Marietta GA. Will end up at Georgia or GT.

He's not going to GA. He and Washington hate each other and said during the recruiting process they would never play together. If he comes to TN he immediately has 2 former HS teammates that wild help with being home sick.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
For the life of me, I'll never understand a fan base that roots against their own team. Saying talent shouldn't come here as if talent isn't what will help us be better. I'm a vol through it all, win lose or draw, but if don't wish to see Tennessee come out on top of every situation, why are y'all even here? Might as well openly root for the teams that you're secretly rooting for

For the life of me, I'll never understand a fan base that roots against their own team. Saying talent shouldn't come here as if talent isn't what will help us be better. I'm a vol through it all, win lose or draw, but if don't wish to see Tennessee come out on top of every situation, why are y'all even here? Might as well openly root for the teams that you're secretly rooting for
BVS has turned to self loathing for some.

Right there with you. I ride or die with the Vols no matter how bad it's gotten. Those type fans aren't real fans anyway. Those are the types that bandwagon jump on the hot school. Those fans I don't consider real Vols anyway. They will show back up whenever we start winning. I'd rather they just go pull for Ala, Ga, Fla etc.

Good seeing you on here! Missed your insight on players. Hope the family is well and as are you

People on here keep saying UGA obviously didn’t read much about his recruitment. DW and Gilbert did not want to play on the same team. Just because your homesick doesn’t necessarily mean you go home.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Yeah, we didn’t utilize TEs bc we played a QB that couldn’t get to his second read. Gilbert knows Bailey can get it to him. I like our shot.

This. Maybe people quit watching but our TEs magically appeared as a part of our offense once JG was benched. Fant and Warren suddenly looked like solid players

Its in his best interest not to come here if he wants to be developed and win

Reactions: VolByLaw
Right there with you. I ride or die with the Vols no matter how bad it's gotten. Those type fans aren't real fans anyway. Those are the types that bandwagon jump on the hot school. Those fans I don't consider real Vols anyway. They will show back up whenever we start winning. I'd rather they just go pull for Ala, Ga, Fla etc.
🙄

VN Store

Back