Future SEC scheduling thoughts from other fanbases.

UTwild82

I know we have quite a few posters from other fanbases that post here. I was hoping to get an idea of what other fanbases are thinking regarding the future SEC schedule.

Do you prefer the 3-6-6 model or the 1-7-7?

If the SEC goes with 3 permanent opponents, what 3 would you want? If they go with one which one?

If the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule, should the SEC keep its requirement to schedule at least 1 power 5 opponent?

Feel free to add any additional thoughts or ideas.

I know we have quite a few posters from other fanbases that post here. I was hoping to get an idea of what other fanbases are thinking regarding the future SEC schedule.

If the SEC goes with 3 permanent opponents, what 3 would you want? If they go with one which one?

If the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule, should the SEC keep its requirement to schedule at least 1 power 5 opponent?

Personally, I think all power 5 conferences should play nine conference games and have at least one non-conference power 5 opponent.

I haven't checked recently, but if memory serves me correctly virtually all of the SEC vs PAC games have involved Tenn or LSU vs a PAC opponent.

Personally, I think all power 5 conferences should play nine conference games and have at least one non-conference power 5 opponent.

I haven't checked recently, but if memory serves me correctly virtually all of the SEC vs PAC games have involved Tenn or LSU vs a PAC opponent.
False. All SEC teams have played a PAC 12 team at least once the past 30 years

I’ll take this as an acknowledgement your previous post was incorrect.

When proven to be wrong, you’re the king of deflection. 😂
No I simply forgot about your gators. They haven’t played an actual OOC out of state away game since what 1991? But they actually do have 3 pac 12 on future schedules so again I am right

No I simply forgot about your gators. They haven’t played an actual OOC out of state away game since what 1991? But they actually do have 3 pac 12 on future schedules so again I am right

Nope, you’re still wrong.

Kentucky hasn’t played a PAC 10/12 team in the past 30 years either. Thanks to the edit feature, add South Carolina to that list too.

UF playing at Utah in 2023 doesn’t make your original claim accurate. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear

Off the top of my head…since 1992

Bama played at UCLA
Arkansas played at USC
Auburn played at USC
Mississippi State played at Oregon
Georgia played at Arizona State

I’m probably leaving out a few more.

Nope, you’re still wrong.

Kentucky hasn’t played a PAC 10/12 team in the past 30 years either.

UF playing at Utah in 2023 doesn’t make your original claim accurate. 😂
Has Kentucky played anyone other than Louisville OOC? ever? And supposedly the good scheduling model is being held up by UK and historically mediocre scrubs like them don’t want to have 10 power 5 teams on its schedule ? What a joke.

Last edited:
Has Kentucky played anyone other than Louisville OOC? ever? And supposedly the good scheduling model is being held up UK and historically mediocre scrubs like them don’t want to have 10 power 5 teams on its schedule ? What a joke.
I think they were playing Indiana for a while, but quit.

I think he meant true OOC road games as opposed to neutral site OOC games. We played Michigan at Jerry World in 2017, and it seems like you guys play a neutral site OOC game every year.

You are correct, I was talking about "scheduled" OOC games between the SEC and PAC, not bowl games or season opening special games.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

Back on topic…

If the league goes with three permanent opponents, I’d like to play UGA, Tennessee and LSU every year.

UGA and UT are non-negotiable…I could live with swapping Auburn for LSU.

I don't think I made any mistakes in compiling this list. These are the home and home games scheduled as OOC games played over the over the last 30 years (1992-2021 from Stassen) by SEC teams vs PAC teams. I didn't list bowl games or special season opening games. So what I was saying is that Tenn and LSU have played the PAC more than others.

Tennessee 10
LSU 7
Auburn 4
Texas A&M 3
Georgia 2
Missouri 2
Alabama 2
Mississippi 2
MSU 2
Arkansas 2
Vanderbilt 1
Florida 0
Kentucky 0
S Carolina 0

Back on topic…

If the league goes with three permanent opponents, I’d like to play UGA, Tennessee and LSU every year.

UGA and UT are non-negotiable…I could live with swapping Auburn for LSU.
I’d like Florida, Bama and UK or Vandy.

I remember watching y’all’s games vs Auburn growing up and hoping like hell they could help us out. A decent amount of time they did. Don’t know how Auburn seemed to be a thorn in OBC’s side, but they were. The Auburn vs Florida were almost always entertaining.

I’d like Florida, Bama and UK or Vandy.

I remember watching y’all’s games vs Auburn growing up and hoping like hell they could help us out. A decent amount of time they did. Don’t know how Auburn seemed to be a thorn in OBC’s side, but they were. The Auburn vs Florida were almost always entertaining.

UF-AU was a great rivalry dating back to Spurrier’s playing days. It’s a shame we haven’t played at Jordan-Hare since 2011.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
There's a reason for that...they play FSU every year. Who cares if that game isn't "out of state."

Silly man, don’t you know in order to field a competitive schedule, you must disregard your two in-state rivals with a combined 8 national titles to schedule a home-and-home with Cal or Arizona?

That was just Ricky being Ricky…he got checked for posting bad information, refused to own it, so he went on the offensive…deflecting as usual. 😁

Last edited:

VN Store

Back