Future OOC Opponents

BlinghamptonVol

Here’s our currently scheduled ooc opponents for the next few years. I’d love to go to the game at Washington in 2030. Who are some teams y’all would like to see added to our schedule?

I’d love to schedule a few from Clemson, UNC, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Arizona St, Oklahoma St, and Southern Cal.

Also, with the teams currently scheduled, I only think Oklahoma isn’t an easy UT win. All the rest are easy 14+ point victories.

I’d like to see a few including, Washington St, UNLV, Arizona St, Illinois, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, UTEP, Liberty, Coastal Carolina, possibly a tradition rich Ivy League school ( Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale), and maybe a home and home late in the season with Hawaii. We are currently 0-1 vs Dartmouth.

Last edited:
Here’s our currently scheduled ooc opponents for the next few years. I’d love to go to the game at Washington in 2030. Who are some teams y’all would like to see added to our schedule?

I’d love to schedule a few from Clemson, UNC, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Arizona St, Oklahoma St, and Southern Cal.

Also, with the teams currently scheduled, I only think Oklahoma isn’t an easy UT win. All the rest are easy 14+ point victories.

For away games and primarily considering geography:
Colorado
Utah, Utah State or BYU
Arizona or Arizona State
Cal, UCLA, USC, Stanford or San Diego State
Washington
Rutgers
Northwestern or Notre Dame

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
For entirely selfish reasons, I would like to see a home and away with Indiana, or a neutral site game at Lucas Oil with ND or some B1G team.

With Oklahoma joining the SEC it would be silly to have the Tennessee game be a non-conference game. Also I think it is best for many reasons if both Oklahoma and Texas play their first SEC games at home and play a big program. Back in 2012 both Texas A&M and Missorui started their time in the SEC with home games against big programs.

Considering how every power-5 conference mandates that you have to play at least one other power-5 program during the year or a select independent it is going to be interesting to see what Tennessee does for 2024. Looking at the other program schedules the only ones that seem possible are Washington State, Houston, Cincinnati, BYU, Army, and Notre Dame.

I'm fine with cupcakes. I know everyone wants to play some cool places and whatnot. I'm much more interested in CFP appearances. If Bama and Clempson have taught us anything during this past decade, its not to overload your OOC schedule and only 1 loss allowed in conference, at most.

I for one would like to see the Memphis rivalry renewed. Also think it makes sense to play teams that would benefit us from a recruiting standpoint. Playing teams from areas that we recruit the most. Georgia Tech,Virginia,Virginia Tech, North Carolina,Maryland,NC State,Clemson,Miami,Florida State

Is it possible, with some of the rumors swirling about recruiting, that Arch Manning's first game in college could be against our beloved Vols?

I would expect our future OOC schedules to change pretty dramatically once the new SEC scheduling format is finalized due to the additions of Texas and OU - and especially so if we go to the rumored 9-game format instead of the rumored 8-game format. Interested to see how the SEC finalizes it...

VN Store

Back