Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

I would love some icy whites orange helmet white jersey with orange numbers white pants with orange stripe and white cleats

Reactions: volfaninky
I'm old school in the fact that real men wear black cleats and people with vajayjays wear white.

John McKay at USC always had his teams in black cleats, the players look faster in black cleats for some reason, the experiments with orange cleats have all been an epic fail, primarily given the significant losses while wearing that color of shoe.

John McKay at USC always had his teams in black cleats, the players look faster in black cleats for some reason, the experiments with orange cleats have all been an epic fail, primarily given the significant losses while wearing that color of shoe.
Maybe it’s just time to get rid of the color Orange all together.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.
I personally don't care what nike prefers.

The uniform really doesn’t matter. Need to win some games. That being said, I’ve never been a fan of the black or Gray uniforms. Tennessee colors are Orange and White.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I've always advocated always wearing traditional orange uniforms and preserving our national bran, but I can't understand why anyone gives a crap about cleats. I don't even see or recognize them.

Does it really matter?
This team was 3-7 last year and we worried about uniforms 😕
Got a lot more to worry about than uniforms next year!
I would love to see us win again regardless of the uniform.
Let’s wins some games before we start worrying about that ****!
The obsession about uniforms is very juvenile considering how insignificant it is in the bigger scheme of things. I sure hope the players and coaches aren't thinking that way!
OK, I'll drop it. You go ahead and dream about dressing those boys. I'll dream about fielding a team that's ready to compete. Which is stupid?

I don't really care what uniforms the team wears but I have no problems with people wanting to discuss uniforms and cleats.

I hope y'all make sure to stop by the "Chaney to the Saints" , "Why Elliott didn't want the job", "Fan Allowance" , "Vol indoor track team sets record", etc threads and let it be known that you don't care about that subject because you just want the football team to win.

I could care less what color the they wear just win alot of games.

How much less could you care?

I don't really care what uniforms the team wears but I have no problems with people wanting to discuss uniforms and cleats.

I hope y'all make sure to stop by the "Chaney to the Saints" , "Why Elliott didn't want the job", "Fan Allowance" , "Vol indoor track team sets record", etc threads and let it be known that you don't care about that subject because you just want the football team to win.

How much less could you care?
I hope you accomplished your goal with this post. Whatever it was...

It's obvious you've gone to a lot of trouble copying and pasting comments to prove your point, but I don't know what the point is except some fans are obsessed with uniform appearance.

When I was about 10-12 years old, I used to draw and color pictures of Vols players with various colors and options that I thought looked cool. After living through a few more seasons, I must have realized that **** didn't matter. A child's fantasy.

Some fans are obsessed with seeing the Vols return to having a winning program again, and know that uniform changes will not help or hinder that desired result.

Orange facemasks!

HELMET.jpg

It's obvious you've gone to a lot of trouble copying and pasting comments to prove your point, but I don't know what the point is except some fans are obsessed with uniform appearance.

When I was about 10-12 years old, I used to draw and color pictures of Vols players with various colors and options that I thought looked cool. After living through a few more seasons, I must have realized that **** didn't matter. A child's fantasy.

Some fans are obsessed with seeing the Vols return to having a winning program again, and know that uniform changes will not help or hinder that desired result.
We’re just lucky to have you and others on our side that are obsessed with the Vols winning to offset those of us that like to discuss what our uniforms may look like going forward. People like myself really detract from us getting back to our winning ways while those obsessed with winning at least helped us win 3 games this past season. If it weren’t for those obsessed with winning we would’ve been really f*cked .

The obsession about uniforms is very juvenile considering how insignificant it is in the bigger scheme of things. I sure hope the players and coaches aren't thinking that way!

:rolleyes: Please quantify for me WHY the discussion of uniforms is any more "juvenile" than anything else we discuss in this forum. Couldn't it be argued that caring this much about a college sports team as a whole is just as insignificant and as juvenile?

VN Store

Back