Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

landon_taylor14

Since ole Phil is off the hill again, what do you think our future holds as far as jersey concepts go? I love the tradition that Tennessee is known for but it wouldn't hurt to veer away from the black football cleats and bring back the Smokey Greys for our athletic teams. Has Danny White or Heupal mentioned any type of transition back towards this? I know we have a new contract with Nike set to come up soon.

Since ole Phil is off the hill again, what do you think our future holds as far as jersey concepts go? I love the tradition that Tennessee is known for but it wouldn't hurt to veer away from the black football cleats and bring back the Smokey Greys for our athletic teams. Has Danny White or Heupal mentioned any type of transition back towards this? I know we have a new contract with Nike set to come up soon.

Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.

This team was 3-7 last year and we worried about uniforms 😕

Yes but it's the off-season and we need something to talk about. Danny No-Nugs has managed to completely kill the Vols football news cycle (don't get me wrong, I'm glad that place is getting cleaned up finally). We're bored.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.
It's like you've been reading the order forms.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Weren’t we supposed to wear black jerseys last year for Kentucky before COVID happened?

I think I remember a story about Pruitt announcing they were doing that before finding out if it was actually possible to do it. I just remember thinking at the time "wow this guy is really in over his head." If only the embarrassing stories had stopped there. Of course I could be remembering it wrong...that entire tenure was a comedy of errors and it's easy to get them mixed up.

Reactions: Pruitt18

VN Store

Back