Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

The obsession about uniforms is very juvenile considering how insignificant it is in the bigger scheme of things. I sure hope the players and coaches aren't thinking that way!
Do you use social media much? Of course these kids are thinking about looking “fly!” The coaches probably don’t care but the kids certainly do and to be honest, it’s probably time that these kids start having fun playing Tennessee football again! If that means mixing it up with the uniforms, so be it.
GBO!!

Do you use social media much? Of course these kids are thinking about looking “fly!” The coaches probably don’t care but the kids certainly do and to be honest, it’s probably time that these kids start having fun playing Tennessee football again! If that means mixing it up with the uniforms, so be it.
GBO!!

It just saddens me that winning has taken a back seat to fashion!

It just saddens me that winning has taken a back seat to fashion!
I agree but it’s how things are now, thanks to social media. I don’t know how old you are but growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, we didn’t care what our uniforms looked like, as long as we were pounding peoples eyes shut.
GBO!!

I agree but it’s how things are now, thanks to social media. I don’t know how old you are but growing up in the 80’s and 90’s, we didn’t care what our uniforms looked like, as long as we were pounding peoples eyes shut.
GBO!!

Doug Dickey was coach when I first started following the Vols. Lots of ups and downs since then. If we have a winning team, the uniform ideas would be fine, and even welcome.
But should never be a priority while struggling on the field.

Reactions: onevol74
I always liked the Smokey Grey uniforms and especially the helmet. I get the tradition aspect... but that was just a sharp uniform.
A uniform thread is Always guaranteed to bring the whiners. I guess they think no one else has thought about the whole "we suck and you're worried about a uniform" thing and they're gonna open our eyes.

If I had a say we'd wear some form of orange and white and that's it. White jerseys and orange pants against the tide, all orange for at least two away games, and whatever orange and white combination for the rest. And black cleats.

That said, I'm fine with whatever. I don't hate white cleats, I just like the black better.

Okay, cry all you want, it's just beyond stupid to continue to post in a thread you think is stupid.

I mean. Lololol.

OK, I'll drop it. You go ahead and dream about dressing those boys. I'll dream about fielding a team that's ready to compete. Which is stupid?

OK, I'll drop it. You go ahead and dream about dressing those boys. I'll dream about fielding a team that's ready to compete. Which is stupid?
You crying in a thread you think is stupid. That's what's stupid. Also you turning into dressing boys says alot about you.

When any discussion on this website proves to make a difference in our win/loss column, good or bad, I'll rethink the conversations I choose to involve myself in. Until then, I'll just stay out of the ones I'm not interested in.

The year we broke out alternate uniforms and we have sucked ever since. The curse of the black jerseys.

VN Store

Back