Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

Since ole Phil is off the hill again, what do you think our future holds as far as jersey concepts go? I love the tradition that Tennessee is known for but it wouldn't hurt to veer away from the black football cleats and bring back the Smokey Greys for our athletic teams. Has Danny White or Heupal mentioned any type of transition back towards this? I know we have a new contract with Nike set to come up soon.

Cleats I agree, like to stick with orange on the uniforms, rather than grey. just my thoughts.

Here's my short-term wish list for UT football:

1. Beat Vandy and Kentucky
2. Winning record
3. Bowl eligible
4. Avoid heavy NCAA sanctions
19. Bring back Gulden's brown mustard for the Smokey dog
743. New uniforms people think are cute
5. Bring back the Beer barrel*

*though it can be argued to be above 4 (which I don't think will be very severe)

Reactions: tbwhhs
Nike, adidas and Under Armour are the only three companies that have deals with Power Five schools at this point. Under Armour has cancelled all but their 4-5 biggest deals, so it may just be Nike and adidas here before long. Doesn't give a school a ton of leverage.
I know it's a Nike subsidiary, but the Jordan brand has multiple football contacts now.

Since ole Phil is off the hill again, what do you think our future holds as far as jersey concepts go? I love the tradition that Tennessee is known for but it wouldn't hurt to veer away from the black football cleats and bring back the Smokey Greys for our athletic teams. Has Danny White or Heupal mentioned any type of transition back towards this? I know we have a new contract with Nike set to come up soon.
I could care less what color the they wear just win alot of games.

I haven’t read the thread, but I‘m going to go ahead and say once again that Black uniforms are so played out, that they aren’t edgy or innovative. They were cool like 10+ years ago and the way we did it didn’t even look good. Do some throwback unis as alternates or a revamped version of the Smoky Grays.

Just leave the orange and white version the same with the stripes on the pants, but go back to white cleats. If anybody brings up Adidas in a positive way show yourself to the door.

The uniforms are about the only thing Pruitt got right. We went back to the basics and the only thing I didn't like was we didn't wear white over orange pants for a road game.

I don't want the greys back, I don't want chrome helmets, I don't want any of that. The Vols look best when we go simple.

I haven’t read the thread, but I‘m going to go ahead and say once again that Black uniforms are so played out, that they aren’t edgy or innovative. They were cool like 10+ years ago and the way we did it didn’t even look good. Do some throwback unis as alternates or a revamped version of the Smoky Grays.

Just leave the orange and white version the same with the stripes on the pants, but go back to white cleats. If anybody brings up Adidas in a positive way show yourself to the door.

For the life of me I do not get the fascination with black uniforms. Why does everyone want to do what pretty much every other school has done? Hell 10 years ago they were played out. Black and Navy Blue are the 2 most overused colors in sports and specifically football.

I don't even care for the greys anymore. The push for Smokey Grey now feels like a Butch Jones thing, like he was trying to almost rebrand the school. The only thing I would be fine with is some throwbacks. But I mean we barely even use the orange pants so I don't know what the point of thinking up all these alternates. We got people dreaming up and seemingly wanting alternates yet at the same time always say they want the stormtroopers on road games which IMO is boring EVERY SINGLE road game.

For the life of me I do not get the fascination with black uniforms. Why does everyone want to do what pretty much every other school has done? Hell 10 years ago they were played out. Black and Navy Blue are the 2 most overused colors in sports and specifically football.

I don't even care for the greys anymore. The push for Smokey Grey now feels like a Butch Jones thing, like he was trying to almost rebrand the school. The only thing I would be fine with is some throwbacks. But I mean we barely even use the orange pants so I don't know what the point of thinking up all these alternates. We got people dreaming up and seemingly wanting alternates yet at the same time always say they want the stormtroopers on road games which IMO is boring EVERY SINGLE road game.
Everything you said here. I was just saying the Greys to appease some people. I want the Condredge Holloway era throwbacks we wore vs UNLV in 04. I also want Orange pants for every rivalry game home or away, and every big game. Clemson kind of stole my idea of when they wear their orange pants. I want Orange pants vs Florida, UGA, Bama, top 5 opponent, SEC Title game and CFP (if by some miracle that we ever get there).

VN Store

Back