Future of Vols Uniforms and Cleats

Neon Orange. Lots and lots of Neon.

Bigger Nike swooshes too, helps in recruiting and winning Nattys.

Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.

I'd love the seniors able to pick a uniform each year sort of as a goal as well as incentive for the four year grind. We'd see plenty of change to satisfy everybody all the way around I suspect.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Tennessee’s contract with Nike runs through 2026, so they are still three years away from starting negotiations on a new one.

I’d look for an alternate uniform once a year, but I don’t anticipate them mixing and matching. Good chance they go back to white cleats with orange accents, which is what Nike prefers.
Who else does uniforms besides Nike and Adidas?

Is this what Bama fans worry about to stay awake during the game.

Hopefully whatever the TEAM decides, so it is said, so it will be done.

This team was 3-7 last year and we worried about uniforms 😕

Nobody is "worried" about uniforms, the OP had a question about how Heupel and White felt about alternates and DP answered that there could be one a year. So I guess when that game rolls around and they don't trot out in what you expect you can take your panties off in a hurry so they won't get in too big of a bunch.

Since ole Phil is off the hill again, what do you think our future holds as far as jersey concepts go? I love the tradition that Tennessee is known for but it wouldn't hurt to veer away from the black football cleats and bring back the Smokey Greys for our athletic teams. Has Danny White or Heupal mentioned any type of transition back towards this? I know we have a new contract with Nike set to come up soon.
With any luck we will get away from Nike

Who else does uniforms besides Nike and Adidas?

Nike, adidas and Under Armour are the only three companies that have deals with Power Five schools at this point. Under Armour has cancelled all but their 4-5 biggest deals, so it may just be Nike and adidas here before long. Doesn't give a school a ton of leverage.

I remember when those were first worn by Condredge Holloway. They were the road uniform and the reason they were discontinued was because " the fans didn't like them"
I thought that Bear Bryant complained about them to the SEC office because of the orange yoke. Then the SEC voted 9-1 to say we could not wear them.

VN Store

Back