Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...they knew his age.

BS, Spurrier is 6 years older than Fulmer and Saban and Miles are within a year or two of the same age of Fulmer. All 3 of these coaches had no problem finding jobs. Spurrier was 59 when he was hired at USCjr, Phil just turned 62 this past September which made him younger than Spurrier when he was fired at UT.

The age factor is total BS, look at Snyder at KSU. The Fulmerites will say Phil prefers spending time with family even though Phil has put his name out there in coaching searches. There is a reason Phil never got hired after UT and his age has nothing to do with it.

BS, Spurrier is 6 years older than Fulmer and Saban and Miles are within a year or two of the same age of Fulmer. All 3 of these coaches had no problem finding jobs. Spurrier was 59 when he was hired at USCjr, Phil just turned 62 this past September which made him younger than Spurrier when he was fired at UT.

The age factor is total BS, look at Snyder at KSU. The Fulmerites will say Phil prefers spending time with family even though Phil has put his name out there in coaching searches. There is a reason Phil never got hired after UT and his age has nothing to do with it.

What does him not being hired since "the mistake" have to do with the successes he had while he was here? You put 300,000 miles on a car and the transmission goes out, was the car a P.O.S.

Amazing, we have sucked so bad since he left, all the haters can say is that he isn't coaching anywhere else.
Very weak argument.

Reactions: 3 people
This is all water under the bridge but the truth is that he was treated horribly and it was a horrible mistake. No arguing can prove otherwise.. The program is not better off because he was fired. (Heaven forbid that we make the top 25 most every year and go to a good bowl game.)

I hope Butch can fix things, but it would have been much easier if Fulmer was allowed to retire while we looked for the best coach possible.

Reactions: 3 people
What does him not being hired since "the mistake" have to do with the successes he had while he was here? You put 300,000 miles on a car and the transmission goes out, was the car a P.O.S.

Amazing, we have sucked so bad since he left, all the haters can say is that he isn't coaching anywhere else.
Very weak argument.
Extremely weak. Think wet bread.

Saban and Miles were both hired where they are before Fulmer was fired. Therefore, hired at their respective places at a younger age than Fulmer was/is when he may have seriously started looking into getting back. And, yet again, you have NO idea what the real reason is because despite popular belief on here, you don't have "sources" or anything. It may have been what you've been saying, but you can't pass it off as fact. At least we Fulmerites acknowledge that possibility, while you all don't even listen to other ideas. Where have I seen this? Oh yeah, our government.

Very weak argument.

Yeah, man, it is really a good example which is why the Fulmer bashers won't respond because they've got nothing to respond with. Just watch.

Yeah, I've been waiting patiently for someone to give me an answer to : What good things have happened to the UTFB program since the firing of CPF.

So far all i have is We beat USC and UGA in 2009.

Still waiting.

And you will be waiting a lot longer before getting an answer. An if age is such b.s, why is half this thread dedicated to "the game passed him by" , "we needed a younger, more energized coach". etc.etc. All veiled references to his age. By the way, how has young and brash worked out for us?

fulmer lovers--he should have kept his job, even though he was losing a bunch of games and not recruiting? :eek:hmy:

No one wants us after 50. Yes I have repeated posts such as "You are what your record says you are". I am still waiting on someone to refute the statement.

If falling back on the old 152-52 mantra means, "you are what your record says you are," that has been refuted many times, many, many times, explicity and by won-lost records against the powers in the SEC, especially in PF's last few years. Along with several other factors.

Last edited:
If falling back on the old 152-52 mantra means, "you are what your record says you are," that has been refuted many times, many, many times, explicity and by won-lost records against the powers in the SEC, especially in PF's last few years. Along with several other factors.

it might have been refuted but it failed each and every time

it might have been refuted but it failed each and every time

Au contraire. It succeeded in everyone's mind that wanted PF replaced, most importantly in the mind of the clueless MH. He actually had a clue though, for that one time he made a good decision. Both the battle and the war are over vis-a-vis PF, whatever his minority of supporters state or claim.

Au contraire. It succeeded in everyone's mind that wanted PF replaced, most importantly in the mind of the clueless MH. He actually had a clue though, for that one time he made a good decision. Both the battle and the war are over vis-a-vis PF, whatever his minority of supporters state or claim.

^yep. Another fail. yawn.

Reactions: 1 person

Very weak argument.

First off I have always said Phil had a great run and fortunate for him the rest of the SEC had weak staffs in his early begining. As the other schools began to upgrade their staffs the borders closed down on recruits and Phil got complacent in recruiting. The only mistake made was not hiring the right coach when Phil was fired because it was obvious Phil was not able to win against Florida, Saban was going to own him, Spurrier was going to once again get Phil's number and Richt was recruiting enough talent to give Phil a headache.

Saban and Miles were both hired where they are before Fulmer was fired. Therefore, hired at their respective places at a younger age than Fulmer was/is when he may have seriously started looking into getting back. And, yet again, you have NO idea what the real reason is because despite popular belief on here, you don't have "sources" or anything. It may have been what you've been saying, but you can't pass it off as fact. At least we Fulmerites acknowledge that possibility, while you all don't even listen to other ideas. Where have I seen this? Oh yeah, our government.

If the words from his mouth say I would like to toss my name in the hat for consideration for the head coaching job that eliminates speculation. As far as Miles and Saban goes, if they were fired from their perspective schools tomorrow do you think they would have a hard time finding another job in coaching?

Hard time? Relative to what? Fulmer does not need a job. He may or may not take one. But he certainly does not need one. His place in SEC football is set.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back