Fulky - question for the experts

I'm quite surprised that the qualifier is made field goals, and not just field goal attempts. That seems silly.

This is exactly right , in football QB % is qualified by number of attempts not # of completions, this would almost seem like you said silly or fake but the rankings are in this thread. Usually you will see an asterik at the bottom of rankings saying XXX number of attempts required to qualify.

I'm quite surprised that the qualifier is made field goals, and not just field goal attempts. That seems silly.

Well it's per game which is even weirder...he's hit more field goals than quite a few on the top 50 but they played less games and averaged 5 or more made shots a game.

It should just be a volume, like 125 made field goals and have played in 75% of the team's games

Without getting into the specifics of the improved play of Fulkerson - and ignoring the 50% shooting percentage from 3 point range - here is my more serious question. Fulkerson I believe is operating at a 62.3 % clip shooting percentage which should place him 13th in the NCAA in shooting percentage and I believe second in the SEC. Why is he not listed among the top 50 ? Was I looking at the wrong year?

Great season and great shooting percentage.

Thoughts.
I had a discussion yesterday with a HUGE Memphis fan who is totally disgusted with their season and really questions PH coaching abilities (this was after the Tigers had to go into OT to beat a truly horrible Tulane team in front of barely 3000 people). He ask me did I think the Vols were an improved team especially with all the changes we've had to endure etc this as the season has gone along. As I was thinking out loud how to respond he said this.."You only have to look at John Fulkerson and how much improvement he's made over the season to see your team is better because of an extremely capable coaching staff. Plus your schedule was back loaded and the winning and competition has gotten a lot harder." I think he made a great point!!

Its a stat. It isn't biased. He just hasn't done enough to qualify.
It's a weirdly set up stat. Why not base it on field goal attempts? Seems that would make more sense since. Fulky is essentially penalized because of the amount of games he has played.

This is a team sport. Fulky played a hell of a game. When everyone on the court plays at the highest level, their best, we will win a lot of games. Bowden has turned the corner at the right time. Everyone on the court played well last night. Vescovi and Pons are also playing lights out.

I know one thing he sure aint gonna be on the all SEC public speaking team.

VN Store

Back