Fulky - question for the experts

Fullfillmer

Without getting into the specifics of the improved play of Fulkerson - and ignoring the 50% shooting percentage from 3 point range - here is my more serious question. Fulkerson I believe is operating at a 62.3 % clip shooting percentage which should place him 13th in the NCAA in shooting percentage and I believe second in the SEC. Why is he not listed among the top 50 ? Was I looking at the wrong year?

Great season and great shooting percentage.

Thoughts.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Without getting into the specifics of the improved play of Fulkerson - and ignoring the 50% shooting percentage from 3 point range - here is my more serious question. Fulkerson I believe is operating at a 62.3 % clip shooting percentage which should place him 13th in the NCAA in shooting percentage and I believe second in the SEC. Why is he not listed among the top 50 ? Was I looking at the wrong year?

Thoughts.
Could you post a link or what you were looking at?

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

Thoughts.
Probably because no one identified him as a player to watch in the preseason. He had no hype. He will next year. I think he has another level he can reach with a better cast around him, but to get there may depend more on his attitude than anything else. Fulkerson’s effort is undeniable, but will he walk into each game with the attitude that “I can’t be stopped” and even when teams adjust (which they will) and double him more, will he recognize it, protect the ball and kick it out effectively? I think he has the game to dominate offensively in college due to his efficiency. He does need to trust his 15 foot jump shot a lot more and expand his game, but I don’t doubt his skill. He does need a lot more help when the game gets physical, which could mean giving him more minutes at the 4. Will he mentally prepare himself for the responsibility and the extra attention....time will tell.

Reactions: StrangeVol
By UTSports he is 61.3% fg. He should be ranked 11th in the ncaa and 2nd in the SEC behind Richards.

Found this on SEC web site so he had games that he didn’t average that.
Players must meet NCAA requirements to qualify.
To qualify, a player must be on pace to play in 75% of team games and average more than 5 field goals made per game.

So I guess they don't round up, his makes per game is 4.86.

To qualify, a player must be on pace to play in 75% of team games and average more than 5 field goals made per game.

So he would need four more made baskets to qualify. Uggg. That seems a pretty arbitrary requirement.

Probably because no one identified him as a player to watch in the preseason. He had no hype. He will next year. I think he has another level he can reach with a better cast around him, but to get there may depend more on his attitude than anything else. Fulkerson’s effort is undeniable, but will he walk into each game with the attitude that “I can’t be stopped” and even when teams adjust (which they will) and double him more, will he recognize it, protect the ball and kick it out effectively? I think he has the game to dominate offensively in college due to his efficiency. He does need to trust his 15 foot jump shot a lot more and expand his game, but I don’t doubt his skill. He does need a lot more help when the game gets physical, which could mean giving him more minutes at the 4. Will he mentally prepare himself for the responsibility and the extra attention....time will tell.
And remember, he’s doing all this with a bum left wrist. He has the 15 footer. It will be a matter of working it regularly into his game, which I think he will do with no problem. We’re going to be loaded next year with lots of scoring options (I think) so he may not have as many big scoring games, but his game will be even better.

And remember, he’s doing all this with a bum left wrist. He has the 15 footer. It will be a matter of working it regularly into his game, which I think he will do with no problem. We’re going to be loaded next year with lots of scoring options (I think) so he may not have as many big scoring games, but his game will be even better.

I think Fulkerson broke his right wrist and dislocated his right elbow.

You are correct but he has played this entire season with his left wrist wrapped

Yes he did for the most part.

I think he had surgery on the other side as AFTER the surgery for the injury. Would have to do som research.

So basically no upper body S&C for a year or so

Fulky has been a beast for us, easily MVP. If he he would shoot the 15 footer more, he would be deadly. It would open up his post game also.

Reactions: LibertyVol
15 pounds of muscle and developing his 15 foot shot will make him a beast in this league as a senior. Thrilled for him as I've been a fan since seeing him as a freshman. He's taken a lot of flack from the fans over the years, " he's horrible, why does he play" etc. He's the poster boy for what hard work and determination can do.

Great question...that is odd.

He's hit 141 field goals and guys in the top 50 have less makes, and his 61.3% should put him 12th nationally...

Wow...we always get screwed!

For those wondering Fulkerson is average 4.86 made field goals a game right now, which oddly enough leads the team. So no UT player would be qualified to be listed.

VN Store

Back