From a Sooner...

@Sooner for Life

Just say we are the real UT and not those imposters in Austin and I'll hook up your pity post with a like....

Also OP, when they push back, just say “Tennessee was a school before Texas was a state.” Its the trump card.

Just like when a Bama fan talks trash, you just say “Who was the coach before Saban?” They have no idea.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
One of the best road trips I have ever been on. I highly suggest all Vols that can to make the trip next year. Treated very well and a cool trip. I too hope OU wins it if we can’t.

Vol Fans,

Just wanted to say I’m a huge Vol fan outside my Sooner family. You guys have an awesome facility, great campus and storied tradition. I’ve never been treated better anywhere than Neyland Stadium. It’s a unique setting and a fantastic forum for college football.

That being said—hang in there. Nothing is worse than going from the glory days to mediocrity and beyond. I lived through the post-Switzer, pre-Stoops period and it just outright sucked. The John Blake days and the Howard Schnellenberger experiment at OU were rock bottom. We hated it. Many fans thought OU would never see the same success again, but we did—and so will Tennessee. You guys have too much history and tradition not to get back on top. It may take another coaching change, recruiting an impact player or getting a huge win. However, once it happens, it will ignite your program and the ship will get righted. Hope the Volunteers are back on top soon.

Go Vols.
Thanks Sooner! Wish your team the best this year. Can’t wait until we are relevant again. See you Sooner than later!

Now GTFO. 😂😂😂

🍊🍊🍊

Lol. There were probably several threads about him transferring and quit a few saying they wouldn't have him, "he sucked'.
I hate Bama more than anything...
But I liked Jalen...felt like he did everything the right way...I know deep down he hated that he let Tua take his job....he kept his head up and never showed any kind of resentment (as far as I know)....I'm really pulling for him this year.

Thought this might be interesting for you guys that don’t believe a quick turnaround is possible...

OU Football 1995-2000.......................................................UT Football 2015-2019
1995 Howard Schnellenberger 5-5-1....................................2015 Butch Jones 9-4
1996 John Blake 3-8.............................................................2016 Butch Jones 9-4
1997 John Blake 4-8.............................................................2017 Butch Jones 4-8
1998 John Blake 5-6.............................................................2018 Butch Jones 5-7
1999 Bob Stoops 7-5............................................................2019 Jeremy Pruitt -
2000 Bob Stoops 13-0 *BCS National Champs

In 1996, Blake's first season, the Sooners only won 3 games. It was the worst season in 100 years. The following year, OU had another 8-loss season—worst ever. I’m telling you, the outlook was grim. Absolutely nobody gave us a chance to have a .500 season for the next decade. It sucked. Embarrassing is an understatement.

Stoops arrives in 1999 and brings in Leach and Venables. Both were unknown commodities. Leach recruits Josh Heuple from Snow Junior College and we started a 5’6 running back (Quentin Griffin). Heuple was slow and had no arm. The entire team—offense, defense and STs—was a patchwork quilt. Our defense was undersized and the offense was stacked with 2-star recruits. I’m convinced that Leach’s offensive scheme, Heuple’s brains and leadership, and Stoops’ motivation WILLED our team to win. Most importantly, they had our players and fans believing. When OU smoked Texas 63-14 in 2000, that was the win that started the upswing.

Point: UT has more talent on one side of the roster than OU had on the entire team. The facilities are better than what OU had at the time. All Vols are disheartened, but still pack the stadium in game day, which OU wasn’t doing when the suck was on. UT isn’t that far removed from previous winning seasons—OU had gone almost 6 years (Gary Gibbs was the HC). UT has several opportunities this season that can ignite the program (Alabama, Georgia, etc.). Sure, it may take a little luck, but Tennessee has too many horses in the stable to write the season off.

Last edited:
Thought this might be interesting for you guys that don’t believe a quick turnaround is possible...

OU Football 1995-2000.......................................................UT Football 2015-2019
1995 Howard Schnellenberger 5-5-1....................................2015 Butch Jones 9-4
1996 John Blake 3-8.............................................................2016 Butch Jones 9-4
1997 John Blake 4-8.............................................................2017 Butch Jones 4-8
1998 John Blake 5-6.............................................................2018 Butch Jones 5-7
1999 Bob Stoops 7-5............................................................2019 Jeremy Pruitt -
2000 Bob Stoops 13-0 *BCS National Champs

In 1996, Blake's first season, the Sooners only won 3 games. It was the worst season in 100 years. The following year, OU had another 8-loss season—worst ever. I’m telling you, the outlook was grim. Absolutely nobody gave us a chance to have a .500 season for the next decade. It sucked. Embarrassing is an understatement.

Stoops arrives in 1999 and brings in Leach and Venables. Both were unknown commodities. Leach recruits Josh Heuple from Snow Junior College and we started a 5’6 running back (Quentin Griffin). Heuple was slow and had no arm. The entire team—offense, defense and STs—was a patchwork quilt. Our defense was undersized and the offense was stacked with 2-star recruits. I’m convinced that Leach’s offensive scheme, Heuple’s brains and leadership, and Stoops’ motivation WILLED our team to win. Most importantly, they had our players and fans believing. When OU smoked Texas 63-14 in 2000, that was the win that started the upswing.

Point: UT has more talent on one side of the roster than OU had on the entire team. The facilities are better than what OU had at the time. All Vols are disheartened, but still pack the stadium in game day, which OU wasn’t doing when the suck was on. UT isn’t that far removed from previous winning seasons—OU had gone almost 6 years (Gary Gibbs was the HC). UT has several opportunities this season that can ignite the program (Alabama, Georgia, etc.). Sure, it may take a little luck, but Tennessee has too many horses in the stable to write the season off.
You better be careful saying tennessee has talent, thats the current excuse we are using to cover for our head coach.

Vol Fans,

Just wanted to say I’m a huge Vol fan outside my Sooner family. You guys have an awesome facility, great campus and storied tradition. I’ve never been treated better anywhere than Neyland Stadium. It’s a unique setting and a fantastic forum for college football.

That being said—hang in there. Nothing is worse than going from the glory days to mediocrity and beyond. I lived through the post-Switzer, pre-Stoops period and it just outright sucked. The John Blake days and the Howard Schnellenberger experiment at OU were rock bottom. We hated it. Many fans thought OU would never see the same success again, but we did—and so will Tennessee. You guys have too much history and tradition not to get back on top. It may take another coaching change, recruiting an impact player or getting a huge win. However, once it happens, it will ignite your program and the ship will get righted. Hope the Volunteers are back on top soon.

Go Vols.
Thanks, I always cheer for OU whenever they are not playing the Vols.

VN Store

Back