From a Sooner...

Vol Fans,

Just wanted to say I’m a huge Vol fan outside my Sooner family. You guys have an awesome facility, great campus and storied tradition. I’ve never been treated better anywhere than Neyland Stadium. It’s a unique setting and a fantastic forum for college football.

That being said—hang in there. Nothing is worse than going from the glory days to mediocrity and beyond. I lived through the post-Switzer, pre-Stoops period and it just outright sucked. The John Blake days and the Howard Schnellenberger experiment at OU were rock bottom. We hated it. Many fans thought OU would never see the same success again, but we did—and so will Tennessee. You guys have too much history and tradition not to get back on top. It may take another coaching change, recruiting an impact player or getting a huge win. However, once it happens, it will ignite your program and the ship will get righted. Hope the Volunteers are back on top soon.

Go Vols.
Thanks. As for myself, I'm hoping for an Oklahoma/bama matchup in tge playoffs, and Hurts runs them over.

Reactions: basspond
Vol Fans,

Just wanted to say I’m a huge Vol fan outside my Sooner family. You guys have an awesome facility, great campus and storied tradition. I’ve never been treated better anywhere than Neyland Stadium. It’s a unique setting and a fantastic forum for college football.

That being said—hang in there. Nothing is worse than going from the glory days to mediocrity and beyond. I lived through the post-Switzer, pre-Stoops period and it just outright sucked. The John Blake days and the Howard Schnellenberger experiment at OU were rock bottom. We hated it. Many fans thought OU would never see the same success again, but we did—and so will Tennessee. You guys have too much history and tradition not to get back on top. It may take another coaching change, recruiting an impact player or getting a huge win. However, once it happens, it will ignite your program and the ship will get righted. Hope the Volunteers are back on top soon.

Go Vols.
About as Classy as you can get.............Thanks and you guys may win it all this year....Hurts looks great and you have all the pieces

Vol Fans,

Go Vols.
My best friend went to Oklahoma then OU law. He passed away at the young age of 26 and is terribly missed. I’ll never forget going to the Sooner stadium during a nice snow that Oklahoma got while visiting. I’ve always pulled for Oklahoma accept when playing Tn. When my friend picked me up from the airport I had a old UT sweater on that was tattered and worn out but made for the perfect comfy airplane sweater. A group of you men saw me walking through the parking lot from the airport and honked while screaming boos and a couple other choice words. I got into my friends Jeep and asked why the people around there hate Tn so much and he said nothing to do with Tn, they think that is a University of Texas sweater! That was a beautiful snow covered stadium and the fanbase in that college town was amazing!! Seeing Switzer’s old mansion right on the campus was pretty neat as well! Go Vols!! Go Sooners!! Hurts for Heisman, gosh I would love for Alabama to give away the Heisman winner!!

Reactions: AM64 and Flipdaddy
Thanks for the kind words.

In terms of the differences in a rebuild and success - the 3rd or 4th best program in the Big12 may be Kansas State or TCU.

They'd maybe come in at 11 or 12 in the SEC.

We have a long way to go, and a lot of quality programs in our way.

Reactions: AM64
It’s gotten bad when fans of other teams come on volnation to give us a pep talk. This isn’t the only one recently.

sooner said he was a Vol fan "outside" his Sooner family...so, to me, he's a Vol fan...geez..football fans get it, especially when they've gone through the same thing...;)

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man We appreciate the kind words...We will snap out of this funk sooner or later...At least I hope it is in my lifetime...I have never met a Sooner fan I didn't like...I know a couple down here and they are the nicest people...Our fans spoke very highly of your fans when we had our 2 game series a few years back and became closet Sooner fans and we look forward to our next series...I just hope we are competitive and make them some classic games....Good luck the rest of the season...GO VOLS and Boomer Sooner!

Hot Dam- !!! We're starting a LOVE-IN!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words. Yes it has been bad here for sometime. That said we need to not focus on the past or the future, we need to focus on UF in 3 days and take care of business. Winning cures all.

Vol Fans,

Go Vols.
Really needed to hear this from another fan from the outside. I hope you’re right. Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement. I remember the Jamel Holloway, Brian Bosworth, Barry Switzer days. Man! Those were some good teams!

Two people who are Sooner fans here in So Ill have told me the same thing over the past week. One of them went to the 2015 game and said Neyland was his favorite visiting stadium. He has told me the fans were off the charts that night and if OU hadn't had Baker Mayfield, they wouldn't have won. Of course if the Vols hadn't had Butch, it might not have mattered. Thanks for the kind words, Sooner for Life.

Reactions: AM64
Vol Fans,

Go Vols.

Thanks so much! I have always liked the Sooners, too, except when they beat us of course. I would love to see Hurts get the Heisman this year over Tua! And I will be rooting for you to beat Bama in the playoffs!

Reactions: Neal Boswell

VN Store

Back