*****Freak's Thursday before Missouri, admittedly off topic thread

Here's a question, what's everyone's favorite establishment around campus for pregame festivities?
In a normalcy situation, we always tailgate at Circle Park. On Friday nights when we arrive into the area, we always hit Calhouns. A trip to Knoxville without getting some Corn Pudding would be a travesty.

Reactions: Freak
I'll be watching the game at an Auburn, AL bar. Pray for me!

Sidenote: Hoping to make it to the UK game and/or Bama game in Knoxville in a few weeks. How are y'all anticipating the tailgate scene to be this year? I'm hoping to hang out with some friends before the games and don't know if it would be better to plan to get a parking pass or just hit the strip bars.

Reactions: Freak
Saturday is my birthday so I plan on taking advantage of the cool weather to do a little hunting and be back for the game.

The past two times Tennessee has played on October 3 we have lost. Auburn in 2009 and Arkansas in 2015. Interestingly enough lost both of those games by 4 points.

Out of town drunk who'd had 4 too many was sitting at the bar and he asked the bartender....Where's the bathroom, I've got to take a dump.....The bartender pointed and said, go down this hallway and it's the last door on the left.....About 5 minutes later the whole bar heard a loud death scream coming from the end of hallway.....Folks at the bar asked the bartender what was that? The bartender said the idiot drunk went in the door on right and not the left which is the janitor closet.....I think he just flushed the mop bucket.

So it took 13 innings yesterday for the Braves to score a run, and so far today it's 0-0 in the bottom of the 5th inning.

Quite boring baseball if you ask me. I do love a good pitchers duel, but I like it when the games are over in 9. I'm also a Cubs/Marlins fan.

Last week I smoked a brisket for the game. I'm thinking about doing a pork butt or some ribs this weekend. My wife will likely want to get out of thee house with everything back open "as normal" here in Florida. I could be persuaded to watch a bar, but I like hearing the games. Anyone else feel strongly about that?

Wife is a gator so it's either her in one room watching their Noon game and me in another or both have our way at a bar. Then I'm sure I'll have to listen to the gator game wherever we go....anyone want to hang out with me Saturday?

The Reds were done after yesterday....They twice in extra innings had bases loaded with 1 out and got no runs...Then they had man on 1st and 2nd with no outs and didn't get a run and then lost in the 13th. After that in a best of 3 series they were mentally done. No way were they winning today.

Last week I smoked a brisket for the game. I'm thinking about doing a pork butt or some ribs this weekend. My wife will likely want to get out of thee house with everything back open "as normal" here in Florida. I could be persuaded to watch a bar, but I like hearing the games. Anyone else feel strongly about that?

Wife is a gator so it's either her in one room watching their Noon game and me in another or both have our way at a bar. Then I'm sure I'll have to listen to the gator game wherever we go....anyone want to hang out with me Saturday?

I'm in Port Charlotte. Are U close?

This question makes me miss the old Old College Inn bar and grill! Perfect pre-game menu and tons of fun after a big win. OCI was the best.

Yes, OCI was a classic.....as was The Last Lap, The Library, The End Zone, Yosemite Sam's, Ivey's, Uncle Sams out on Alcoa Highway, and those two joints in Shelbourne Towers.

Maybe I am just grumpy but I like my couch in the living room or in Neyland. I am not fan of watching in a bar with a bunch of people that I don't know and pay more for drinks. I usually smoke a venison backstrap or grill burgers and maybe grill florida spiny lobsters. My drink selection varies from yuengling, salt life lager or whiskey usually J.D. maybe if the wife bought bourbon. If we had a Tennessee bar here at the beach then I might go but usually it would be me watching the game on a small t.v. or surrounded by cock fans.

Reactions: Volunteer08

VN Store

Back