*****Freak's Thursday before Missouri, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Like last week, I just couldn't wait until Friday.

For those not familiar, this is a general thread where you can post about anything on your mind (except stuff that should be in the politics forum), whether it be Tennessee football related or not. Consider it our friendly tailgate party, where we hang out as the game approaches.

Also, a reminder, if you haven't already, get your entries posted in in the pick-the-score contest thread. As we do every year, we'll be giving away an Amazon gift card to the winner each week.

As for the game, man is it great to have Cade Mays eligible to play. Seeing him the practice videos earlier this week, gave me a little hope that he'd actually get cleared. Prior to that, I was losing confidence after he wasn't able to play last Saturday. I'd love to see us have a dominant run game again. The expectations for this offensive line are insanely high, I just hope they have live up to the hype. The current line on the game is Tennessee by 11.5 points.

Who's going to the game? And if you are going, are you tailgating before, going to the strip/restaurant, or just hoping to make it in your seat before the 12 pm kickoff?

For those not attending, any big plans? Tailgates? Gatherings? Food menu?

Are there any other high school, college or pro games you're looking forward to? It looks like the only football tonight is the Broncos and Jets, a match up of two 0-3 teams. Ugh. Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the Braves game right now and will probably catch some of the other playoff games this afternoon/tonight.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend and, as always, I look forward to reading in this thread about what everyone is up to.

Go Vols!

Vampire walks into the bar, says, "I'll have a pint of blood."
Another vampire is close behind: "I'll have one, too."
Third vampire says, "I'll have a pint of plasma."

Bar tender says, "So that's two bloods, and one blood light?"

A man walks into a bar and sees his friend sitting beside a 12-inch pianist. He says to his friend, "That's amazing. Where did he come from?"

The friend pulls out an old lamp and tells him the genie inside will grant him one wish. The man rubs the bottle, and to his amazement, a puff of purple smoke spews out and slowly collects in the form of a genie. In a booming voice the genie tells the man he has but one wish.

The man thinks and says, "I wish I had a million bucks." All of a sudden the bar is filled with ducks, bursting from the door and the windows, standing on top of the bar, dunking their heads into people’s drinks.

“What just happened?!” the guy asks. His friend replies, "I know. Did you really think I wanted a 12-inch pianist?"

So it took 13 innings yesterday for the Braves to score a run, and so far today it's 0-0 in the bottom of the 5th inning.

Like last week, I just couldn't wait until Friday.

For those not familiar, this is a general thread where you can post about anything on your mind (except stuff that should be in the politics forum), whether it be Tennessee football related or not. Consider it our friendly tailgate party, where we hang out as the game approaches.

Also, a reminder, if you haven't already, get your entries posted in in the pick-the-score contest thread. As we do every year, we'll be giving away an Amazon gift card to the winner each week.

As for the game, man is it great to have Cade Mays eligible to play. Seeing him the practice videos earlier this week, gave me a little hope that he'd actually get cleared. Prior to that, I was losing confidence after he wasn't able to play last Saturday. I'd love to see us have a dominant run game again. The expectations for this offensive line are insanely high, I just hope they have live up to the hype. The current line on the game is Tennessee by 11.5 points.

Who's going to the game? And if you are going, are you tailgating before, going to the strip/restaurant, or just hoping to make it in your seat before the 12 pm kickoff?

For those not attending, any big plans? Tailgates? Gatherings? Food menu?

Are there any other high school, college or pro games you're looking forward to? It looks like the only football tonight is the Broncos and Jets, a match up of two 0-3 teams. Ugh. Personally, I'm keeping an eye on the Braves game right now and will probably catch some of the other playoff games this afternoon/tonight.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend and, as always, I look forward to reading in this thread about what everyone is up to.

Go Vols!

Well, I rolled my season tickets and donation, so I'm paid up for next season. Wife and I are driving up and spending the weekend partly to donate to a hotel and sports bar. Really bothers me that we can't tailgate on city owned property (Locust Street Garage was our favorite spot).

We live in Winchester, so normally we'd drive up to Sewanee and get on I-24 to Chattanooga, Cleveland, Athens, etc. However, several years ago, we decided to take 24 to Manchester and on to McMinnville and Sparta. We take the first Sparta exit, which takes you through town. Then it's up the mountain (highway 74?) to Crossville. The drive between McMinnville and Sparta is gorgeous, as is the drive up the mountain to Crossville. It's actually shorter mileage taking this route versus Chattanooga, but takes 10-15 minutes longer.

I think we finally have a football coach. I never felt that way with Doolander or Sgt. Carter; Kiffin wasn't at UT long enough to get a feel one way or the other, though I do feel he damaged our program way more than some people think. Anyway, looking forward to the weekend. Anyone staying in the Market Place area of Cedar Bluff? If so, would enjoy getting together for a drink......or three.

Last edited:
Here's a question, what's everyone's favorite establishment around campus for pregame festivities?

Thursday again Freak? just wanting to get a parking space before the massive crowd of 25,000 show up?

I AM EXCITED for Saturday Vols Football!

But right now...I'm clamoring through emails...well...maybe not "RIGHT now"...

I spend TOO MUCH TIME here!

Reactions: FïreBall and Freak
Thursday again Freak? just wanting to get a parking space before the massive crowd of 25,000 shoe up?

I AM EXCITED for Saturday Vols Football!

But right now...I'm clamoring through emails...well...maybe not "RIGHT now"...

I spend TOO MUCH TIME here!
It's impossible to spend too much time here. :)

So it took 13 innings yesterday for the Braves to score a run, and so far today it's 0-0 in the bottom of the 5th inning.
1-0 now thanks to Mr. Acuna. Thank God we put a run up early today. That 13 yesterday had me throwing a fit.

Reactions: Freak
It's impossible to spend too much time here. :)

Tell my wife that...

giphy.gif

tumblr_ojcggmlk241uk5vmso1_400.gif

tenor.gif

Here's a question, what's everyone's favorite establishment around campus for pregame festivities?

Back in the day, anywhere on the strip was great. Now, we spend a lot of time at Market Square and Gay Street area. Friday nights are usually spent at Rooster's in the Rocky Hill area. And a trip to Knoxville isn't complete until we've munched on a couple Hoagies on Dark at either or both Sam and Andys or Gus's Deli on 17th.

Oh...and I forgot...Littons on Friday night when arriving into town...since the '70s as well...

I don't mess with tradition much

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back