*****Freak's Friday Night before the UTC game, admittedly off topic thread

A neighbor's kid goes to UTC. He came up early because of the water main break. She got him some of those $20 tickets.

I'll be watching on tv. No energy for any special menu. Too early anyway. Pizza rolls and pigs in a blanket, probably. Beer, and Wild Turkey on standby if necessary.

Following the low expectations theme, tonight's dinner will likely be a frozen pot pie.

Tip: Banquet frozen pot pies. Trust me. No need to spend $5 or $7 or whatever for a fancy Marie Callender or Stouffer's frozen pot pie. Banquet pot pies are $1, sometimes 88 cents with loyalty card if you catch them on sale.

Four minutes thirty seconds in the microwave and $1 pot pie Nirvana. Relatively healthy and nutritionally balanced, too. Their beef pot pies are pretty good for dinner, but chicken is better for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or really just all around. Actually, I think you could live on these things pretty cheaply.

(Don't fall for the giant Banquet "mega" pot pies. They are nowhere as good. The crust, gravy, and filling proportions are all out of whack. Better to just make two regular $1 Banquet pot pies.)

The Mrs. makes an outstanding chicken pot pie from scratch. But when you consider the expense of all the ingredients, the time and effort, and all the dirty dishes, the $1 Banquet pot pies are an incredible bargain.

Pro tip: remove the $1 Banquet pot pie from its magic microwave cooking bowl while still frozen. Spray a light coating of cooking oil in the bowl. (I use an olive oil mister.) Put the $1 Banquet pot pie back in the bowl and microwave as directed. Once done, it should flip over and out onto your plate fully intact. This is the perfect pot pie experience.

Anyway, what were we talking about?
What did I just read?

I hope to one day be as passionate about anything as you are about Banquet pot pies.

So here we are in week three, hoping to get the first win of the season tomorrow. Who would've thought? But it is what it is, unfortunately. The most important thing right now is to win the next game and hopefully get a good look at one or both of our backup quarterbacks and some other young players as well. I'm optimistic we'll have a good day overall.

That said, who's going to the game tomorrow? Tailgating plans? Vol Walk? Anyone going by boat?

I'm also curious as to who is traveling the furthest to get here. I know we have some really dedicated folks on the board who drive insane distances to see our Vols run through the T in person.

For those not going to the game, any big plans to watch? What's the food and beverage menu looking like?

I don't think there are a ton of great college games this weekend, but any ones in particular you guys plan to watch?

Lastly, anyone attending any good high school games tonight? Any Vol commits in action?

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Go Vols!
Likely up on ladder, painting the house, listening to Vol Network

This weekend is a memorial charity benefit in memory of my next door neighbor who passed away in April from pancreatic cancer. So, I’m going to that tomorrow instead. I’ll DVR the game to watch later.

I am really curious about the South Carolina vs Bama game......see how SCs qb does against bama
...I think bamas defense has some holes that SC might expose tomorrow.

YEAH...LOL...I got high hopes!
That game won’t be close with SC’s QB out for the season. Bama wins big something like 42-14

Watching from Chattanooga. Don't want the hometown to get the beat down but Chattanooga is Big Orange Country! Go Vols

VN Store

Back