*****Freak’s Wednesday night before the first game, admittedly off topic thread

I'll be watching from my bunker in central Georgia. I'm most anxious to see a team that executes well on both sides of the ball. I want them to make few penalties, no double dumb on the field coaching mistakes, and make alterations to the game plan if they need to do so. I'm pulling for the Vols no matter who starts at any position. I do expect players to be pulled quickly however if they are ineffective.

Working from home tomorrow and prepping food for the grill for a watch party at a buddy’s sweet home on the river. Lots of good food, beverages, friends and finally Big 🍊 Football!

Work until 3:30 cut the grass. Pre-game with wings, beer and a dip in the pool (it’s hot in TX). Game time will bring out Tennessee’s finest, a little JD and some snacks. No work until Tuesday cause I’m on leave.

Hope y’all have a great weekend doing what you do. GO VOLS!!!

Ah, here it is...the Freak night before game thread.
It's true...it's finally the best time of the year once again!!!

As far as my plans for tomorrow, just got done placing everything into the pit for chili...I'll let that simmer until bedtime, then pull it back out around 3 or 4 tomorrow to finish off. Then sit back with a couple of cold, cold brews and see what awaits.

admittedly....I am a little numb. I generally get very, very excited this time of year but have fallen victim to the VBS.

Hope our team does well and beats the snot out of BGSU...surprises a few teams this year and becomes the VOLS I learned to love. Not necessarily winning it all but being the team nobody wants to play and being a hard nosed, run it down your throat bunch of hardnosed dudes that play to the last minute.

Like most of you...I want to return to relevance and be feared by our opponents.

Up at 3:30am to get my morning workout in, then work til 3pm. Picking up some Buffalo Wild Wings on the way home then gonna settle in with the wife and 3 yo daughter to enjoy the slaughter. We’re in west TN so it’s not feasible for us to go to Knoxville for this one. I’ll be cheering loudly from my couch though. Those of you going will have to update us peasants on how the new light show is in person.

I’ll be watching from home in Pa, but son and his friend are driving down, so treat them well Knoxville!

Reactions: joevol33
Watching the UT game on tv with a beer and some pies.

Looking forward to a long weekend of football.

Gotta work right up until gametime Thursday night, but I have Friday off now so I’m on the cusp of a 4 day weekend 😎

My wife and I are returning to work on a gate scanning tickets after a break of several years, be weird not watching the game , hopefully I can catch a few plays while on break! GBO!!

Reactions: volmoon
Going to Ingles after church tonight to get stuff to grill burgers tomorrow! Saving the Ribeyes for Monday, cause my oldest is coming home for a few days from the Air Force! We haven't seen her since July of 2019, she was over yonder for 8 months! Tennessee football, parents will be here Saturday, and my baby Sunday, I feel like a kid on Christmas! Go Vols!
God Bless and thank her for service.

VN Store

Back