*****Freak’s Wednesday night before the first game, admittedly off topic thread

Collective Soul’s “She Said” now playing while re watching TN’s win over UF in Gainesville in 2001.

Going to Ingles after church tonight to get stuff to grill burgers tomorrow! Saving the Ribeyes for Monday, cause my oldest is coming home for a few days from the Air Force! We haven't seen her since July of 2019, she was over yonder for 8 months! Tennessee football, parents will be here Saturday, and my baby Sunday, I feel like a kid on Christmas! Go Vols!
Sounds like a great evening at Joe's Place....enjoy!:cool:

Our youngest son has a middle school football game and our youngest daughter has a middle school softball double header across town. My wife and I will be splitting up attendance, I will be at game one of softball while my better half covers the first two quarters of football, then swap.

As soon as the football game is over, Stevie and I will race home to watch . . . Sshhhh, my wife doesn't know the plan!!!

And a Jack and Coke will be sipped on . . . If it's not going good, I'll ditch the coke and drink straight from the bottle!! LOL

GO BIG DAMN ORANGE

Just very excited for the game and watching from home. My Longhorn husband is looking forward to Texas-Louisiana game and I think the Clemson-UGA game should be good. Excited for college football in general! Sunday, we’re getting out of the house and going to visit some distilleries and get some barbecue from ZZQ in Richmond. Heard some good things about it🤞🏼

Wings, Wings, and then we might have some Wings +fries, maybe a couple of beverages. I am really excited about attending the Pitt game, been a while since I've been in Neyland. I will be the fan in Orange 😁 with my new Nikes, if that doesn't help, I will be singing Rocky Top! Hope to see all of you there Go Big Orange...It's Football Time in Tennessee!

Most of you know the drill. Who’s going to the game? Tailgating plans? Who’s traveling the furthest to attend?

If you’re watching on TV, any big plans with family/friends and what’s on the food menu? Any other games you’re looking forward to?

In this thread talk about the game, the upcoming holiday weekend, or whatever else is on your mind.

Wife and I are leaving around noon central time. Driving up from Winchester. Though the drive through Chattanooga is a little faster, we choose take I24 to Manchester and take Exit 111 to McMinnville. The drive there to Sparta is absolutely gorgeous. Easy drive as well, won't pass a dozen vehicles. Take the first Sparta exit and drive through downtown and up the mountain to Crossville. Once we get on I40 in Crossville, we're about 50 miles from the Farragut exit (Campbell Station Road). Should arrive at The Graduate around 5:30 eastern time. Maker's Mark for me and vodka cocktails for the Mrs. Plan on walking over to watch The Pride play to The Hill at 6:20 and back to Saloon 16 for more "tailgating." Hoagie on dark at Gus's after the game.

Will leave Athens around 1pm, head to Bass Pro Shop hunting sale, then on to Calhoun's for dinner, a few drinks, then walk to Neyland. GBO!!!!

I’ll be grilling up some dove that I harvested yesterday. It’s my favorite time of year, football and hunting season! It doesn’t get any better.

Reactions: vols4evah
I'm very sad I missed this thread last night. My 13 yr old daughter has softball practice from 6:30 - 8:30. Gametime is 7:00 here. Coach Vader might have something come up at work today and miss practice. lol

I'm very sad I missed this thread last night. My 13 yr old daughter has softball practice from 6:30 - 8:30. Gametime is 7:00 here. Coach Vader might have something come up at work today and miss practice. lol
Priorities.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Most of you know the drill. Who’s going to the game? Tailgating plans? Who’s traveling the furthest to attend?

If you’re watching on TV, any big plans with family/friends and what’s on the food menu? Any other games you’re looking forward to?

In this thread talk about the game, the upcoming holiday weekend, or whatever else is on your mind.
Been waiting on this thread for years it feels like. Hope you fine folks are enjoying $.88 banquet pot pies and getting fired up for yet another iteration of the big Orange. I’m fishing in steamboat today then getting some tacos and watching the vols commence to blowout BGSU.

I will be at home, watching some Hallmark movie with my wife, while holding my phone in my lap with the game on. Once she makes me put it down, I will go to the bathroom several times for extended periods.

My wife wonders why I shout sometimes when I go to the bathroom.

Reactions: vollygirl
I can't remember the last time I was this excited for football season to start. I am way past ready to get rid of the stench from last year. GOOOOO VOLS!

I will be at home, watching some Hallmark movie with my wife, while holding my phone in my lap with the game on. Once she makes me put it down, I will go to the bathroom several times for extended periods.

I'm here to revoke your man card

Dude, you need a snickers !

I'll be taking care of about 10 sick patients in my hospital tonight (I'm a nurse), but after I get them good and knocked out, I will be charting and watching the game! Cant wait!

God bless you and every other nurse right now - I work in a hospital (non-clinical) and will say all nurses, techs, EVS, and everyone else including administration is absolutely exhausted.
Thank you for all you do !

Yes, I mean that.

I don't care what Tennessee does as long as it doesn't mess up Florida's season.

So (as an example), if Florida goes 12-0 or 11-1 and wins the East, I have no problem with Tennessee going 11-1.

I have no hatred for Tennessee. I really don't.
Like your approach to competition.

Finebaum said Jordan Rogers will be calling the game, and he didn't believe in the Vol defense at all. Unfortunately we can't call Rogers on it right away because he is calling the game lol.

VN Store

Back