*****Freak’s Friday before the Bama game, admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Las week, I missed starting this thread and @Notorious B.E.N stepped up like a trooper, but the results of the game were sub par. So, I’m back. Expect better play tomorrow. Lol.

I know it’s a let down going into such a storied rivalry and expecting a blowout. But that’s where most people are. I don’t expect to win but I think the team will play better than last week and fight hard. I’m going to try not to get too emotionally invested in the outcome and just enjoy a nice fall day with family and some good food. I’ll watch the game hoping to see some new faces. The important stretch of the year starts in two weeks. There’s still time for us to win a game we aren’t supposed to and make up for that Kentucky debacle. All is not lost, yet.

So what’s everyone up to? Who’s going to the game? Tailgate and food plans? Any other games you’re watching this weekend: high school, college or pro?

As an older Vol fan who remembers the importance of this rivalry, this week is always special to me. Alabama was the first big game I went to as a kid with my dad. It was THE game to go to, even though we weren’t great, and I’ll never forget it. It was magical. The goal posts came down. Who knows, tomorrow could be one of those special days that a young Vol fan never forgets. Any given Saturday, right? Anything can happen.

What ever happens, Go Vols for life.

Going on an overnight camping trip with my son and some other dads and sons......praying like heck there is good cell reception where we’re going.

Wife caught the China virus so we're quarantined so I can't leave have to witness what could be an epic beatdown or win hoping for the latter

Reactions: GAVol21
We just got back from the girls’ swim meet. My oldest swam her first ever 500 free. One proud mama here! Tomorrow will be more of the same, but I should be home to catch the last half of the game....I’ll check the score before turning it on.
Those 500's😰😰. Mine hasn't yet, but I'm a timer at our home meets, and it drags by feels like😂.

Recovering from the Covid at my favorite bar in N GA. Glad to be alive and a Vol (in that order). Not worried about tomorrow and don't care what the spread is. Prayer will be the same... "Dear God, Please open the pits of hell for Coach Satan tomorrow". Go Vols!

Recovering from the Covid at my favorite bar in N GA. Glad to be alive and a Vol (in that order). Not worried about tomorrow and don't care what the spread is. Prayer will be the same... "Dear God, Please open the pits of hell for Coach Satan tomorrow". Go Vols!
Glad you're better. As a fellow Vol in N Georgia, northeast actually, please tell every dawg fan they suck😂

Las week, I missed starting this thread and @Notorious B.E.N stepped up like a trooper, but the results of the game were sub par. So, I’m back. Expect better play tomorrow. Lol.

I know it’s a let down going into such a storied rivalry and expecting a blowout. But that’s where most people are. I don’t expect to win but I think the team will play better than last week and fight hard. I’m going to try not to get too emotionally invested in the outcome and just enjoy a nice fall day with family and some good food. I’ll watch the game hoping to see some new faces. The important stretch of the year starts in two weeks. There’s still time for us to win a game we aren’t supposed to and make up for that Kentucky debacle. All is not lost, yet.

So what’s everyone up to? Who’s going to the game? Tailgate and food plans? Any other games you’re watching this weekend: high school, college or pro?

As an older Vol fan who remembers the importance of this rivalry, this week is always special to me. Alabama was the first big game I went to as a kid with my dad. It was THE game to go to, even though we weren’t great, and I’ll never forget it. It was magical. The goal posts came down. Who knows, tomorrow could be one of those special days that a young Vol fan never forgets. Any given Saturday, right? Anything can happen.

What ever happens, Go Vols for life.
Whats up Freak? You Classic my Brother. I would like too meet a bigger UT Fan than I am Bro?

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back