*****Freak’s Friday before the Bama game, admittedly off topic thread

Remember the Bumper sticker-----"AVOID THE RUSH, HATE BAMA EARLY" ?
I had a GMC Sierra truck, I believe it was an 84 model, had that sticker on one side of the bumper and the classic "My two favorite teams are Tennessee and who ever is playing Alabama"

As far as plans tomorrow, get up and get farm stuff done, put on some beef stew using this really good chuck I got today from the butcher, go knock out this 'virtual' 5k the missus and I signed up for at work, should be back in plenty of time if a nice bowl of stew, some cornbread, and a few beers.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Fighting the cravings to go to the store and buy 5 candy bars and a bag of cheetos!

Also watching a Wild Life documentary about China.

Reactions: joevol33
Fighting the cravings to go to the store and buy 5 candy bars and a bag of cheetos!

Also watching a Wild Life documentary about China.
I have Hershey bars and cheetos at this cery moment😂

Not watching this time. Will be driving across North Carolina heading for the coastline. Should get there about the time the game is over. Hope to find some good seafood.

Reactions: FïreBall
Covid question:

If a miracle happens and the Vols beat the Tide, will there be enough folks in Neyland to take down the goalposts?
Given the availability of tickets online and the threat of rain, I would say no. Prices were crazy for Mizzou, now you can't give away Bama tickets. I would have figured Bammers would be scooping them up in droves and heading to K-town, but it just isn't happening.

Its 12:40am here, 1:40am in the mountains. I'm about 15 miles from Tuscaloosa.... camping out with cub scouts with my daughter. Will be getting up in a few hours so I can get home and make wings for the game. Hoping we have Victory Wings...... nothing is impossible, only not probabable

Reactions: vols72
I got to watch my nephew play football for the first time, his team the Webb Feet got beat....badly by Friendship Christian but he held his own, super proud!! Big Cornhole tournament in Lebanon this weekend as well. Going to sleep now, dreaming about Johnnie Jones running all over the commies back in the day :)

I'm just trying to remember the last time we beat Bama? I'm watching the first half out here on the West coast, then go play some tennis. Hope we hold them under 50 and beat the spread.

Those 500's😰😰. Mine hasn't yet, but I'm a timer at our home meets, and it drags by feels like😂.

Oh it’s the most boring event, second only to the mile. My daughter is 10 and it blows my mind to see these tiny 8,9,10 year olds jump on the blocks and swim that event. They would have to scrape me off the bottom of the pool.

Reactions: joevol33
I have to work 12 hours today so I will have to record the game and watch it when I get home. I too pray that we stomp the crap out of the Tide. GO VOLS!

Reactions: FïreBall
The only way to keep it under the 66 total and beat the spread is for a monsoon. Their defense is only above avg, meaning we could slow the tempo with our rushing attack.

If we play in a monsoon and keep their offense to 35ish, we have a chance to be competitive first half.

VN Store

Back