James Franklin (Penn St)

You do some ACTUAL RESEARCH FOR AN HOUR and post ONE that is MORE PROVEN than Franklin as a successful winner and recruiter that is or was at a Power 5 school besides pipe dreams like FREEZE, MEYER, and STOOPS before bashing someone that put a lot of time into an IDEAL CANDIDATE. Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHER very successful coaches in the Power 5 HAVEN'T DONE IT IN THE SEC!!! THE SEC is A BEAST FROM and WILL EAT UP AND SPIT OUT the BEST BEST COACHES. ONLY THE TOP 5% STAY IN THE SEC FOR MORE THAN 4-5 YEARS!!! Franklin would still be doing well and taking his team to bowls every year had he stayed! That is saying something for a Vandy coach in the SEC!!!!
Yeah, maybe you should work on your reading comprehension. I, in no way whatsoever bashed you.

Reactions: igotworms
I know James Franklin has been mentioned several times over the years. I haven't seen him mentioned in several months. I hope the mods don't merge this thread. I believe it is different from anything posted in a long time.

It looks like CPJ is gone. UT needs to pay James Franklin's 5 million dollar buy out and $7 million a year to bring him back to the SEC. They man
moved mountains at Vandy. Many of his losses at Vandy to SEC were by 2 TDs or less. Yes, there were a few blowouts. But, the man lead Vandy to a lot of quality SEC wins with mainly 2-3 star players playing. Vandy went 5-3 and 4-4 his last two years of SEC PLAY playing in mainly hostile environments where home games aren't even home games 80% of the time. Yes, Franklin lead VU to 5-3 in only his second year with much less talent than other SEC teams!!! UT has only had two 5-3 seasons the last 13 years and hasn't went 6-2 in the SEC since 2007!!! Even the great Kiffin that so many of you want didn't go 5-3 his lone year at UT. Yes, the roster was sort of bare when Kiffin arrived. Do you think it was less talented than Franklin's in only his second year at Vandy???

You give Franklin a roster full of 4-5 star recruits playing in front of 75,000 to 95,000 of UT fans and watch UT kick some tail!!! Franklin also landed a lot of top recruits at Vandy his last two years. FRANKLIN is a PROVEN SEC COACH and PROVEN SEC RECRUITER with NO BAGGAGE and a 5 million buyout, possibly 4 million now that it is 2021!!!

James Franklin's new contract details released

James Franklin (American football coach) - Wikipedia

Look at his team's RESULTS at Vandy with much less talent than his opponents! As I said, the guy moved mountains. Think about what he could do with 4-5 star roster in front of 75,000-90,000 HOME CROWD with PROVEN OC like Chaney and a PROVEN DC like Bob Shoop or some other TOP NOTCH PROVEN DC!!! It is definitely a recipe for success in the SEC!!!!!

2011 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

2012 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

2013 Vanderbilt Commodores football team - Wikipedia

Look at how Vandy in recruiting before and during Franklin's time there:

(51st) YEAR BEFORE Franklin, 2010 Football Team Rankings

(49th) 1st year, 2011 Football Team Rankings

(46th) 2nd yr, 2012 Football Team Rankings

(26th) 3rd yr, 2013 Football Team Rankings

Franklin improved recuiting by 5 spots his first two years and 25 spots his last full year of recruiting. What do you think he could do at UT? If he only improved UT 5 spots over what UT is now and DEVELOPED and COACHED UP the players at UT like he did at VU and has at PSU, UT would probably be a JUGGERNAUT!!!
88VOLS grad must be Franklins
's handle on Vol Nation. His record last year was 4-5, just 1 win more than Pruitt,srecord at Tennessee and he did not have JG to throw games away. Why would we throw that kind of money down the drain and have to buy him out in 3-4 years. Leave him where he is,

Reactions: Border Vol
88VOLS grad must be Franklins
's handle on Vol Nation. His record last year was 4-5, just 1 win more than Pruitt,srecord at Tennessee and he did not have JG to throw games away. Why would we throw that kind of money down the drain and have to buy him out in 3-4 years. Leave him where he is,
A. I don't think in 1,000,000 years that Franklin would ever be the coach at Tennessee.

He's won 11 games in 3 of the last 5 years. Tennessee hasn't won 11 games since 2001. Tennessee hasn't reached 10 since 2007.

He won 9 games at Vandy TWICE.

To act like he's a bad coach is completely laughable.

He hasn't gotten Penn State at or near the caliber of competing for the Big Ten with the likes of Ohio St. How would he get UT on or near the level of Alabama? Not happening.

That being said, he is a seasoned head coach that has had success. Would certainly be a huge upgrade from Pruitt.

If UT is concerned with image and optics, neither Freeze nor Franklin will be hired...

Franklin had success at Vandie, in the conference, but Freeze won at a higher level at Ole Miss.

Last edited:
I know James Franklin has been mentioned several times over the years. I haven't seen him mentioned in several months. I hope the mods don't merge this thread. I believe it is different from anything posted in a long time.

It looks like CPJ is gone. UT needs to pay James Franklin's 5 million dollar buy out and $7 million a year to bring him back to the SEC. They man
moved mountains at Vandy. Many of his losses at Vandy to SEC were by 2 TDs or less. Yes, there were a few blowouts. But, the man lead Vandy to a lot of quality SEC wins with mainly 2-3 star players playing. Vandy went 5-3 and 4-4 his last two years of SEC PLAY playing in mainly hostile environments where home games aren't even home games 80% of the time. Yes, Franklin lead VU to 5-3 in only his second year with much less talent than other SEC teams!!! UT has only had two 5-3 seasons the last 13 years and hasn't went 6-2 in the SEC since 2007!!! Even the great Kiffin that so many of you want didn't go 5-3 his lone year at UT. Yes, the roster was sort of bare when Kiffin arrived. Do you think it was less talented than Franklin's in only his second year at Vandy???

You give Franklin a roster full of 4-5 star recruits playing in front of 75,000 to 95,000 of UT fans and watch UT kick some tail!!! Franklin also landed a lot of top recruits at Vandy his last two years. FRANKLIN is a PROVEN SEC COACH and PROVEN SEC RECRUITER with NO BAGGAGE and a 5 million buyout, possibly 4 million now that it is 2021!!!

Look at his team's RESULTS at Vandy with much less talent than his opponents! As I said, the guy moved mountains. Think about what he could do with 4-5 star roster in front of 75,000-90,000 HOME CROWD with PROVEN OC like Chaney and a PROVEN DC like Bob Shoop or some other TOP NOTCH PROVEN DC!!! It is definitely a recipe for success in the SEC!!!!!

Franklin improved recuiting by 5 spots his first two years and 25 spots his last full year of recruiting. What do you think he could do at UT? If he only improved UT 5 spots over what UT is now and DEVELOPED and COACHED UP the players at UT like he did at VU and has at PSU, UT would probably be a JUGGERNAUT!!!
All I got out of that post was that you spent way too much time hyperlinking and text formatting.
1610109441007.gif

Reactions: igotworms

Franklin did well because butch was coaching and recruiting here. He is currently struggling at PSU - may be available after another disastrous year without the buyout.

Sadly the powers to be at U of Tennessee were not kind to Cuonzo Martin and those same folks will not let James Franklin work here for similar reasons !!
Sadly Cuonzo was not a great coach - not nearly on the level of Coach Barnes - so there’s that. We are not looking for below average coaches we already have one of those. I don’t know what CCM record was at Cal other than not good - am sure their admin didn’t treat him well either.

Think about this for a second...if ops right and Franklin has a 5M buyout, our idiot ad have Pruitt and buyout two and a half times larger. I know it’s been talked on here a bunch but how is this not the most pathetic contract ever written by an ad. My God. Fulmer needs to be fired immediately.

You do some ACTUAL RESEARCH FOR AN HOUR and post ONE that is MORE PROVEN than Franklin as a successful winner and recruiter that is or was at a Power 5 school besides pipe dreams like FREEZE, MEYER, and STOOPS before bashing someone that put a lot of time into an IDEAL CANDIDATE. Fickle, Campbell, and MANY OTHER very successful coaches in the Power 5 HAVEN'T DONE IT IN THE SEC!!! THE SEC is A BEAST FROM and WILL EAT UP AND SPIT OUT the BEST BEST COACHES. ONLY THE TOP 5% STAY IN THE SEC FOR MORE THAN 4-5 YEARS!!! Franklin would still be doing well and taking his team to bowls every year had he stayed! That is saying something for a Vandy coach in the SEC!!!!

You've convinced me with the ALL CAPS typing.

May be time to change my screen name to JamesFranklinsAgent.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

He would be better than what we have now but he will never be coach at UT. That would be like dating your little brothers EX.

Malzahn?

No, FU!!! Put your money where your mouth is coward!
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back