Frank Martin message to VOL fans

Noticed it the last game they played now every time he's on screen it's all I look for lol
I mean is it a badge of honor or something. Surely someone has pointed it out to him, wife, player, coach, a complete stranger. WTH

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've always liked Martin's candor. It's about wins, so I hope he hangs in there (except against UT). He's good for our league, and though he's down now, was one of the recent first other coaches outside of KY and UF to get "other" SEC teams deep into March Madness, which I think was one of the first steps of SEC elevating it's collective SEC momentum.

Noise must be getting louder the fans aren’t happy. I’m not on the we need someone else train but I’m thinking about it right now. The defense is truly special but the offense is comically bad at times.

Noise must be getting louder the fans aren’t happy. I’m not on the we need someone else train but I’m thinking about it right now. The defense is truly special but the offense is comically bad at times.
Martin is not referring to any outside noise, especially from message boards and social media. Coaches, no matter how successful, pay very little attention to what a bunch of “experts” think. This endorsement from Frank was totally because of the love and respect he has for Barnes.

Martin is not referring to any outside noise, especially from message boards and social media. Coaches, no matter how successful, pay very little attention to what a bunch of “experts” think. This endorsement from Frank was totally because of the love and respect he has for Barnes.
Every single time they play SC Coach Barnes is complimentary of Coach Martin and his style of play. They have a great relationship

Would take him in an instant as an assistant.

I too feel he is a good coach and good for the overall SEC position in the big picture. But GOOD LORD!! Do we need another guy to help Barnes coach and preach defense!! If SC just can't see him as their guy going forward, then I hope the best for him, but not on our staff.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
he looks almost unrecognizable being bald. I just pulled up a story re his baldness and he said that he developed alopecia from COVID. That’s crazy

I legitimately didn’t recognize him when the game started. I actually googled to see if he was out for covid and one of his assistants was filling in for him last night.

Reactions: walkenvol and SDV
I've always liked Martin. I think he could've done better had he been at a different school. That one year SC made their deep run in the tourney was obviously unsustainable at USC. He's a class act coach and a damn good one, too.

Didn't they make the Final 4?

I’d guess this is his last season there

Can’t wait for all the national pundits to talk about what a terrible move it is when he’s made 1 NCAAT and is 20 games below .500 in conference. Not sure I’ve ever seen such a mediocre coach so beloved by national media.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLnVANDYland

VN Store

Back