Frank Martin message to VOL fans

njvols

I've always liked Martin's candor. It's about wins, so I hope he hangs in there (except against UT). He's good for our league, and though he's down now, was one of the recent first other coaches outside of KY and UF to get "other" SEC teams deep into March Madness, which I think was one of the first steps of SEC elevating it's collective SEC momentum.

cardvolfan

Noise must be getting louder the fans aren’t happy. I’m not on the we need someone else train but I’m thinking about it right now. The defense is truly special but the offense is comically bad at times.
Martin is not referring to any outside noise, especially from message boards and social media. Coaches, no matter how successful, pay very little attention to what a bunch of “experts” think. This endorsement from Frank was totally because of the love and respect he has for Barnes.

Martin is not referring to any outside noise, especially from message boards and social media. Coaches, no matter how successful, pay very little attention to what a bunch of “experts” think. This endorsement from Frank was totally because of the love and respect he has for Barnes.
Every single time they play SC Coach Barnes is complimentary of Coach Martin and his style of play. They have a great relationship

savannahfan

Would take him in an instant as an assistant.
I too feel he is a good coach and good for the overall SEC position in the big picture. But GOOD LORD!! Do we need another guy to help Barnes coach and preach defense!! If SC just can't see him as their guy going forward, then I hope the best for him, but not on our staff.

he looks almost unrecognizable being bald. I just pulled up a story re his baldness and he said that he developed alopecia from COVID. That’s crazy
I legitimately didn’t recognize him when the game started. I actually googled to see if he was out for covid and one of his assistants was filling in for him last night.

zjcvols

WE ARE THOSE MF’ERS (BRAVES 2021 WS CHAMPS)
Staff member
I can’t imagine he wouldn’t get another HC opportunity somewhere if USCjr were dumb enough to fire him, but if not, this would be a slam dunk.
USC should absolutely consider firing him.

1 tournament appearance in 9 years at a P6 school is absolutely unacceptable.

zjcvols

WE ARE THOSE MF’ERS (BRAVES 2021 WS CHAMPS)
Staff member
I’d guess this is his last season there
Can’t wait for all the national pundits to talk about what a terrible move it is when he’s made 1 NCAAT and is 20 games below .500 in conference. Not sure I’ve ever seen such a mediocre coach so beloved by national media.

Last edited:

VN Store