Fox Sports Ranks the Remaining Teams

I like being 16. Let them still not give our team any respect. All they do is just keep going out there and surprising the best teams in the nation.

Is SC really that good? You probably had alot more chances to watch them

You got me. . . I can't get a read on them really. When they play D like they can, they can beat anyone. They have a bunch of guys who can shoot lights out. I'd think any team with a decent big man would beat them, but once again they beat texas. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them beat NC and Georgetown, nor would I be suprised to see them get blown out. Oregon is similar. Oregon can beat ANY team in the country, but their D generally stinks (and kent is a lousy coach IMO). edit: oregon beat georgetown AT georgetown btw.

I'm not saying they are better, but I can see why ranking them over UT can be justified. I don't think some of the other teams have as strong an argument to be put ahead of the Vols.

We only scored 2 buckets in the whole second half of that game. Wouldn't happen again.

Vanderbilt, Southern Illinois, and Memphis are the only teams were are squarely better than.

UNLV, Oregon, Pittsburgh, USC, Ohio State, Florida, and Texas A&M are teams we could beat half the time or a little more for some.

Butler we lost to.

Kansas, UCLA, North Carolina, Georgetown would all beat us pretty easily over the course of a series. 1 game? We can beat anybody.

Yep

You got me. . . I can't get a read on them really. When they play D like they can, they can beat anyone. They have a bunch of guys who can shoot lights out. I'd think any team with a decent big man would beat them, but once again they beat texas. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them beat NC and Georgetown, nor would I be suprised to see them get blown out. Oregon is similar. Oregon can beat ANY team in the country, but their D generally stinks (and kent is a lousy coach IMO). edit: oregon beat georgetown AT georgetown btw.

Thanks for that

Leaving UF out of the debate of the best teams makes all of these opinions worthless. UF has to play poorly for anyone in the country to beat them, period.

i176653_untitled.bmp

looks like the fans love the 16 vs. 13 game

this guy is crazy

that is by far the worst impression of an article ive ever seen... that was a joke, i dont even know why they put that up on their website

I think we just should go ahead and win the thing.:rock: :eek:lol:

That reminds me of Jake Taylor in the movie MAJOR LEAGUE where he says:

"Well there is only one thing left to do.......Win the whole f_____ thing."

Hell of a movie.

This plays right into CBP's hands. He loves being overlooked and playing the spoiler role. Unfortunately, OSU is probably not going to take us lightly after the game we gave them in Columbus.

This plays right into CBP's hands. He loves being overlooked and playing the spoiler role. Unfortunately, OSU is probably not going to take us lightly after the game we gave them in Columbus.

No doubt. They know it's gonna be a BALL GAME BABY.

GO VOLS:clapping:

Some good stuff there. Glad to see you can agree to keep the fight about football in the Cal game thread, and chat insightfully elsewhere. :) :good!:

It is really hard to care about a ranking that is "not according to their play during the regular season or their likelihood of success going forward."

In other words, this list is one guy's rankings of teams based on two whole games, most of which he probably didn't see anyway. It's about as relevant as if my wife had ranked the sixteen remaining teams based on how much she likes their uniforms.

I think the guy got distracted from his original premise, which is who is playing "hot" right now. There is a difference between talking about who seems to be hitting their stride versus saying who has the best team and would win a certain match-up.

For example, if you watched Florida on Sunday, they seemed to be taking it easy, then cranked it up a notch when they had to. They did not play with enthusiasm or intensity for the first 35 minutes of the game. Now, in reality, they have such better athletes than Purdue that even with that Purdue could only manage to keep it a tie until Florida went up a gear.

I wish they wouldn't do that. They are going to do it one time too many somewhere along the way here, possibly as early as Friday, and they need to get some hunger earlier in these games.

Even when a team is playing its hottest, it may not win, is my point. And so even when Purdue executed a great game plan, the Gators were just too much down the stretch. Thing is, if you read this list of 16, he goes from who is playing with intensity to trying to stretch that into who will win and why and that isn't the same thing. Granted, intensity is a big part of it. But its just a part.

So the name of the article, and its initial purpose IMO, doesn't match up well with the content of it.

VN Store

Back