Four sec teams

I disagree. UK beat them once already. AU HAS BEEN on fire. That can and probably will end at any point going fwd. Pearl had historically laid one egg in most every tourney.

Recently they look like a solid 1 seed. But that's history now. The way they're wired leaves a big possibility of a 1 game collapse.

I could be wrong as heck. But, I truly expect it at some point. Almost happened game 1.

UK has actually beaten them twice this year.

I disagree. UK beat them once already. AU HAS BEEN on fire. That can and probably will end at any point going fwd. Pearl had historically laid one egg in most every tourney.

Recently they look like a solid 1 seed. But that's history now. The way they're wired leaves a big possibility of a 1 game collapse.

I could be wrong as heck. But, I truly expect it at some point. Almost happened game 1.

Maybe game 1 was the egg?

I agree. Not worried about Purdue. Would rather have played Nova but I don't see Tennessee having much problem with Purdue. I think Purdue is a tougher game than Virginia. When we beat Purdue, it's final four because Virginia will get blitz'd in that game.

I totally understand what you are saying. Tennessee can be fast and be good doing it and Virginia is slow....... but Virginia is 4 in D efficiency, 4th in O efficiency, and 17th in total rebounding %........if Tennessee gets there, that will be a very tough matchup.

Reactions: VolFan4life24
Oh, I didn't realize that. AU looks pretty ugly when the bombs aren't falling. But when they are ... look out.

I think UNC is not a good matchup for Auburn. UNC runs and scores...... if Auburn’s 3’s aren’t falling, they could be out of the game by the time they do start to fall. Also if they start hot UNC has the power to come back when/if Auburn’s shots start to go cold.

But Auburn is probably playing better than anyone right now except for Oregon..... but they haven’t faced the toughest teams.

Reactions: livefaith
Oh, I didn't realize that. AU looks pretty ugly when the bombs aren't falling. But when they are ... look out.

UK took away their 3 point shooting last two times they played.

Pearl historically has a poor record against them.

All of the SEC teams left have had some pretty easy roads to the sweet 16. Yet somehow they have all struggled a little. I think a lot of that has to do with the grind of the SEC schedule. It’s just a way more difficult conference than it used to be. The good news is it’s producing tough, battle tested basketball teams late in the season. The bad news is teams are struggling to close out games. Just look at Tennessee. Solid first half, weak second half, and weak because the effort level drops. So many lazy passes, don’t even box out on free throws, and backing up half a step on defense to keep your man in front leading to wide open shots. Still, their heart and toughness keep them in the game and they find a way to win, I just hope they don’t run out of those.

I think Auburn, LSU and Kentucky are similar. They find ways to win even when they are being beat.

I would love to agree with that assessment. But I've been hearing every game that Auburn can't keep hitting that well and they just keep doing it. They seem to be the only team in college basketball that does not have a cold night. Time will tell

That's what they said about Fletcher Magee until he went 0 for 12 and they just told him to keep shooting. If he hit 20% Wofford would have advanced. When Wofford beat ETSU Forbes said he thought Lofton who he coached was the best he had ever seen till he seen Magee. Some nights it just don't drop.
Auburn had a bunch of off games early in the season but they are peaking at right time will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

I agree that, with how they’ve been playing, Auburn is a legit NC contender.

With that said... All it’ll take is an ice cold half from behind the arc and their going home.

Auburn is done next round. That Kansas team was a shell of itself that the Vols faced earlier in the year. No Azibuki. Without their best sharpshooter and length in Vick. Then Garrett has a touch of the flu. There is a reason Kansas was now a 4 seed and dropping.

If Auburn beats UNC, They will make the Final Four. I don't see how their 3 shooting goes cold if they beat UNC.

Kentucky is playing with a flat tire.... I think UK is the worst of the 4 teams left.

Reactions: VolDave53
Auburn is done next round. That Kansas team was a shell of itself that the Vols faced earlier in the year. No Azibuki. Without their best sharpshooter and length in Vick. Then Garrett has a touch of the flu. There is a reason Kansas was now a 4 seed and dropping.
While Kansas was weakened, Auburn still shot the 3 lights out. Sure more pressure from a full UNC team will have an impact, but I don't see Auburn going cold from the 3 point line. I think that game could definitely reach the 90's between both teams' fast pace offenses. Going to be a fun one to watch.

VN Store

Back