Four game suspension for Vitello

batter wanted time - get the info from the Coach and dig in on the pitch you know is coming....Seems like a good plan huh....that's why TV and FA was upset....Line shot off a future big league arm...... Think about it guys..... some of the comments makes no sense but i guarantee you this is what took place....

yeah, bumping an ump is a little more serious infraction. If he would have just gotten thrown out by asshat jr, he probably would have the stand or something of the nature.

Yea, I agree.

I enjoyed the lemonaide trolling but this one calls for a show of humility. Maybe even feign some remorse.

If I’m Danny, I make it clear to SEC office that he is not allowed back on UT campus due to his incompetence and if they don’t agree then make it clear to the SEC that the UT police will enter a no trespassing order on him that prevents him from legally being back on campus. They can go to court to get it removed if they wish.

Reactions: Mightyvol and MAD
TV deserves the punishment. Period. The umps behavior during the two nights should also have the appropriate punishment and we will now see what AD White is made of. It is now his job to make it clear to SEC that the ump must be punished for his incompetent abilities exhibited over two nights and the way he escalated the situation.

I went back later to review the actions leading up to the ejections. I was ORIGINALLY of the opinion that what they were mad about was that the guy who stepped out got an additional strike and with it hit the ball that got Dollander. Upon review he struck out and the ball was hit on the first pitch to the next batter I THINK. So I am a bit confused.

Was the umpire that did the deed the Umpire-in-chief for the game? He came in and interjected himself more than once. In fact Coach turned away from him to direct his words to the home plate guy when Mr. Spiffy felt spurned and turned away and threw him out. If he was not the UIC then I would want his actions justified. The box score on UT site only defines the umps as follows with no id of UIC. Don't know how to find out. But think it is critical in any action to insure he is not allowed to call any more of our games.

UMPIRES Home Plate: Ryan Broussard First: Javerro January Second Base: Joe Harris Third Base: Jeffrey Macias

As far as to if a strike should have been awarded by rule earlier, there is some ambiguity in the rule book in the penalty statement at the very end of Section 1. It reads as follows:

PENALTY for (1)—If the batter intentionally leaves the batter’s box and delays play, and none of these exceptions applies, the plate umpire shall award a strike without the pitcher having to deliver the pitch. The ball is dead and no runners may advance.

The question IS.... Does the (1) refer to the entirety of Section 1 or just the 1. under section d. which references having both feet outside the box after initial entry. There is another penalty statement limited to b which is leaving the box without a timeout, but it is not really a penalty, just an instruction that the ball remains live, so no penalty at all. One would think that a limited penalty statement would have referenced d. just like it did with b. and the one at the end was for the entire Section 1. Apply the latter to the game situation and FA had a point if that is what he was arguing. But once again not related to changing the game situation where the injury occurred.

Really glad that the latest reports give us some hope for a return in the not so distant future.

Reactions: SuzyVol
I may be in the minority here, but I grew up in the days of Lasorda kicking dirt on shoes and "beer belly bumping" the ump. I remember that you could basically go toe to toe with the ump, so.... advantage to the more "rotund" managers.

I know it's a different time, but I miss those old days. Suspension? Sure. Nearly 10 percent of the reg season? That's ridiculous.

Just my 2 cents... for some this will seem like a wet fart.

Running out and getting both guys tossed in the first inning really shows a lack of control as a staff. Coaches can get animated for various reasons but the need to have composure and know when the point has been made and quit. Bring that passion to going after change in the right avenues.

I get the fact that V.T. and F.A. were "taking up" for each other. Their responsibility is not to get tossed, its to coach the baseball team. One coach making a point to get tossed is one thing but both in the first inning? Sometimes, getting tossed can be used as motivation. I have been on both ends of those scenarios. Coaches lost a little focus on what's important and let their emotions get in the way. How many times have you seen an umpire change their call because a coach yelled at them? Yeah.

Also, another thing that concerns me, why is F.A. running to yell at the umpires and not checking on his hurt pitcher? I know the trainer is there but I think F.A. should have at least checked in on Dollander before getting tossed. I am sure that F.A. has a great relationship with his pitchers and they know he supports them but he should have checked in with Dollander.

F.A. was headed towards the 3rd base ump and the home plate ump was trying to head him off. The 3rd base ump threw F.A. out while he was talking to the home plate ump. Not the right time. If it was a Friday night issue then it should have been taken care of on Friday night. If it was right then the ump should have walked away, F.A. was not talking to him. No reason for umps to have mouse ears. It is easy to read the 3rd base umps lips, tony, tony, I told him twice..ect T.V. could have made his point without pushing it that far. These incompetencies are not solved on the field, they are solved through the A.D. and umpire evaluations.

I have did not see allububba do anything disrespectful in celebration. Not saying that it did not happen but I did not see it. I am more of traditionalist and I think the current state of celebration and antics go too far. I still flinch when I see some of the celebrations, in my day players got hit for stuff like that and nobody asked why. I am not playing anymore and if it keeps kids interested then it only hurts when people take offense. Tennessee players are not innocent boys when it comes to celebration. The idea that they get offended by someone's else celebrating seems a little rich. The only response to that is stop them from celebrating and focus on the game.

Bottom line, lots of people got in their feelings, good to see the team could focus and get two wins. Hopefully, the proper strings can be pulled to get incompetent officials, competent or off the field.

I have said it before and I will say it again. These guys are fun to watch!

Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just my 2 cents... for some this will seem like a wet fart.

Running out and getting both guys tossed in the first inning really shows a lack of control as a staff. Coaches can get animated for various reasons but the need to have composure and know when the point has been made and quit. Bring that passion to going after change in the right avenues.

I get the fact that V.T. and F.A. were "taking up" for each other. Their responsibility is not to get tossed, its to coach the baseball team. One coach making a point to get tossed is one thing but both in the first inning? Sometimes, getting tossed can be used as motivation. I have been on both ends of those scenarios. Coaches lost a little focus on what's important and let their emotions get in the way. How many times have you seen an umpire change their call because a coach yelled at them? Yeah.

Also, another thing that concerns me, why is F.A. running to yell at the umpires and not checking on his hurt pitcher? I know the trainer is there but I think F.A. should have at least checked in on Dollander before getting tossed. I am sure that F.A. has a great relationship with his pitchers and they know he supports them but he should have checked in with Dollander.

F.A. was headed towards the 3rd base ump and the home plate ump was trying to head him off. The 3rd base ump threw F.A. out while he was talking to the home plate ump. Not the right time. If it was a Friday night issue then it should have been taken care of on Friday night. If it was right then the ump should have walked away, F.A. was not talking to him. No reason for umps to have mouse ears. It is easy to read the 3rd base umps lips, tony, tony, I told him twice..ect T.V. could have made his point without pushing it that far. These incompetencies are not solved on the field, they are solved through the A.D. and umpire evaluations.

I have did not see allububba do anything disrespectful in celebration. Not saying that it did not happen but I did not see it. I am more of traditionalist and I think the current state of celebration and antics go too far. I still flinch when I see some of the celebrations, in my day players got hit for stuff like that and nobody asked why. I am not playing anymore and if it keeps kids interested then it only hurts when people take offense. Tennessee players are not innocent boys when it comes to celebration. The idea that they get offended by someone's else celebrating seems a little rich. The only response to that is stop them from celebrating and focus on the game.

Bottom line, lots of people got in their feelings, good to see the team could focus and get two wins. Hopefully, the proper strings can be pulled to get incompetent officials, competent or off the field.

I have said it before and I will say it again. These guys are fun to watch!

Go Vols!
Centered. 👏 Bravo! (Wet is okay. Lumpy, not so much)

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I may be in the minority here, but I grew up in the days of Lasorda kicking dirt on shoes and "beer belly bumping" the ump. I remember that you could basically go toe to toe with the ump, so.... advantage to the more "rotund" managers.

I know it's a different time, but I miss those old days. Suspension? Sure. Nearly 10 percent of the reg season? That's ridiculous.
They did all that AFTER they got ejected.

VN Store

Back