Four game suspension for Vitello

If the play of the last 2 games is any indication, I’d say the Vols have got a fighting chance regardless of whether or not CTV is in the dugout.
They can’t control where this dolt officiates a game from here on.
They can control virtually everything else in their game- practice, workouts, plate discipline.
Control what you can control and use your God-given talent to win the games.
None of the other noise matters.
GB🍊

Seems a tad excessive, IMO. 2 or 3 okay. 4 seems a little much when there is absolutely ZERO consequence for the clown who instigated the entire thing.

It is long past time for officials to answer for their poor behavior. There is too much money in sports these days for officials to be “above the law”.
But yet Juwan Howard gets 4 games for punching a coach at the end of the game in the court. Not hard to figure out what’s different here.

Seems a tad excessive, IMO. 2 or 3 okay. 4 seems a little much when there is absolutely ZERO consequence for the clown who instigated the entire thing.

It is long past time for officials to answer for their poor behavior. There is too much money in sports these days for officials to be “above the law”.

He bumped an ump. If Dave Van Horn had done it ina a game vs Tennessee you’d be calling for a season ban

Reactions: Lurker
Clearly it is personal for the ump. It's what the administration at Arkansas had to do when Marc Curles got to assigned to their football games: publicly complain.

A decade of weak kneed administrators like Fulmer, Hamilton, and Hart is why we continously get stuck with biased officials like Curles, this ump, and Anthony Jordan.
Amd many of the hoops refs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
CLEARLY TV was going to get this suspension and in no way am I defending his actions BUT Micaus is simply not an effective ump. He loses control of the game and has CLEARLY developed a “distaste” for TV. He lets the flow of the game effect his abilities to maintain control. Bama’s bench had an issue with him Friday night as well. He has become the TV Ted Valentine of college baseball and ALWAYS seems to be in the middle of the fray. Hopefully we’ll make it through this 4 game stretch without to much damage. I would be interested to know what happened with Frank to get ejected so fast Saturday night. I have a close friend who recently retired after years of umpiring in the SEC. I’ll make a call to him tomorrow and get some insight. He knows Micaus.
Might be wise for the league office to remove him from working UT's games. He will clearly be biased and will attempt to provoke again. Just keep the two apart and let's focus on baseball....which we did today. No idea what the gumps were doing. 15-4. Geez.

Here's the pro flex UTAD needs to make happen ASAP: reschedule the rain out game against Tennessee Tech for Wedenesday (7 innings) or, heck, even make a double header for Tuesday with one game against Bellarmine and the other against Tech. That way, Viltello only misses one game in Florida.

Being petty here but in the last week I've seen batters called out for leaning into, or not trying to get out of the way of a pitch. The ump saw CTV coming, he should have gotten out of the way. He knew what was coming. Light blue font intended...

People keep mentioning the batter stepping out of the box but we did that almost every at bat so if it was an issue with them he would have made it more of an issue with us.

If Macias is the home plate umpire for any of our upcoming games, I hope Russell and our pitchers really focus on their signs. It would be terrible if Russell completely missed six or eight fastballs because he was expecting a slider.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Lot of blame to go around here:

1. CTV can't bump into the official. He deserves the suspension.

2. Macias needs to grow up and not be biased. This has gone on over several series. If he can't remove his bias, he needs to find another job.

3. The SEC needs to make sure Macias never umps another Tennessee series. The cynic in me finds it convenient that Birmingham assigned him to the Bama series.

People keep mentioning the batter stepping out of the box but we did that almost every at bat so if it was an issue with them he would have made it more of an issue with us.
You may not completely understand what happened. It wasn't just stepping out. He stepped out AFTER Dolly had started his delivery. That is an automatic strike call, per the rules book, but the ump didn't call that. We aren't discussing mere game pace slow down step outs.

If Macias is the home plate umpire for any of our upcoming games, I hope Russell and our pitchers really focus on their signs. It would be terrible if Russell completely missed six or eight fastballs because he was expecting a slider.
Advocating intentional beaning of an ump. Classy.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

VN Store

Back