Formula 1 Thread

Strong backtrack. Your infatuation with all things Lewis Hamilton is well documented.

Wasn't a backtrack. I just know that my hyperbolic love and enthusiasm for all of my drivers will draw you like a fly to a turd.

Last edited:
Why couldn't it have been Vettel instead of Webber with the tire problem?

Was hoping Grosjean would catch Vettel and take him out.

Friend at work has got me interested in watching F1. I watched qualifying this morning and it was really cool! Leaning towards the Mercedes team with Rossberg and Hamilton!

Friend at work has got me interested in watching F1. I watched qualifying this morning and it was really cool! Leaning towards the Mercedes team with Rossberg and Hamilton!

Good call!!! Hamilton is my favorite. Tomorrow might be difficult though.

I would not be surprised to see the team fall back to midfield in the race.

Very happy. Lewis didn't seem to put a wheel wrong. Made passes on Button and Webber when he needed to. Kept the tires in check.

I really thought that this was going to be like Spain, or if the team was fortunate a Monaco style train would form. Amazingly they won with good pace and pit strategy.

it's fun stuff to watch and this weekends race wasn't necessarily the best show as far as passing and close racing as some of the other tracks. Mercedes has strong cars but as long as you don't pull for red bull, or more specifically Vettel, you won't catch too much flack around here

Reactions: 1 person
I enjoyed the race this morning! After doing some research on the teams I chose the Merc team and Hamilton won! I am going to take that as a good sign! Interesting call on the Lotus driver. Red Bull must be really fast cause Vettel had wing damage and other issues and was still fast. I like hearing the proper english from the telecasters. Brilliant!

I enjoyed the race this morning! After doing some research on the teams I chose the Merc team and Hamilton won! I am going to take that as a good sign! Interesting call on the Lotus driver. Red Bull must be really fast cause Vettel had wing damage and other issues and was still fast. I like hearing the proper english from the telecasters. Brilliant!

Red Bull has been the team to beat for the past 3 seasons. They have the greatest designer to ever work in the sport with Adrian Newey and arguably the best driver since Schumacher with Sebastian Vettel.

Hamilton wants to 'repay' Mercedes | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

The Mercedes driver made up ground in the Championship last time out in Budapest when he claimed his first victory for his new team.

The 25 points were also a welcome boost his title quest as Hamilton, who is fourth in the standings, closed the gap to Sebastian Vettel to 48 points.

And now the 28-year-old is determined to ensure he tackles the second half of the campaign in the best physical form possible.

"I am going to do everything I can in the gym, on the simulator and in the car to be a winner again and to give it a good go for the Championship," he told the Daily Star.

"The backing from Mercedes has been all that I could hope for. They have given me a strong, fast car that can be a winner and I want to repay them."

Hamilton, who won the World title back in 2008 with McLaren, is relishing the second half of the Championship as he reckons the remaining circuits should suit his W04.

"All the tracks coming up in the second half of the season should suit me and the car. I will be making sure I am fit for the task."

998411_687237814636365_443089638_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back