For you pantywads worrying about NIL

And some cannot figure out why I enjoy other sports 10X greater than NCAA sports. Except for anything non contact or which I find boring. And that is alot.

I just want to let everyone know, I have never carried my car keys in either of my ears
At least he did not say get the car key out of your butt

If that is where you carry them, please do not share with us. More information than I needed.

I can't even get the dang thing to go beyond the red panic button on the end of the fob.

Pretty sure I broke the guy's code....

H highly
U uninformed
L Lousy
A Attitude

Codebreaker of the year. All hail GUNTERSVOL!

As long as these kids pay proper taxes on these funds along with the value of their "free" education then I do not care about the premise

As long as these kids pay proper taxes on these funds along with the value of their "free" education then I do not care about the premise
Taxes? Damn some better remind these 18 yo uncle Sam likes slices of pie as well.

I disagree. Some teams have more money than others. Just like Walter Nolen going to A & M. I’m pretty sure Georgia didn’t want Jamal Lewis, they chose Jasper Sanks, which was a bust. College Football is now the NFL. I don’t think it’s a good thing[/QUOTE]

Yep, without the alternating draft system, the rich get multiple 1st round guys the have nots get none. It's the world we live in we either hate it or tolerate it. I think we will know more after 3 to 4 years. If the TV revenue drops you will see some changes big time.

You can say nothing has changed, but it sure seems like it has changed.

So, every player (85 for now) wants a free ride and an nfl contract, but doesn't want to do the school work ("tutors" and faked test scores), and in many cases can not hold up to the public life scrutiny that comes with it. You know... being a public figure and all... to get that NIL. That means someone needs to fork over (quick math 85 * 3 mill (to pay off "tutors" and such) = lets call it 250 mill clean for a college team.... before the unis and stadium and such. to play a for a fake championship.

What you are going to find out, is without the fans you are nothing. You don't get paid at all. You go work at micky D's and hand bags of cash to others.

Right now wealthy donors and alumni contribute to both.
So there can be a strong correlation between the two.
A correlation is one thing but people are trying to infer that the standard institutional endowments contributes directly to NIL. I have not heard seen or read anywhere where that is the case.

You can say nothing has changed, but it sure seems like it has changed.

So, every player (85 for now) wants a free ride and an nfl contract, but doesn't want to do the school work ("tutors" and faked test scores), and in many cases can not hold up to the public life scrutiny that comes with it. You know... being a public figure and all... to get that NIL. That means someone needs to fork over (quick math 85 * 3 mill (to pay off "tutors" and such) = lets call it 250 mill clean for a college team.... before the unis and stadium and such. to play a for a fake championship.

What you are going to find out, is without the fans you are nothing. You don't get paid at all. You go work at micky D's and hand bags of cash to others.
That’s right, all sports need to remember very quickly and at all times none of it exist without the fans! All the leagues and all the media that want to rip fans at times but also give them their jobs especially need remember without the fans they don’t get paid!!! And as I mentioned in my other post, if college football is not careful they’re gonna end up like NASCAR!

I’m gonna say this one time:
Get the car key out of your ear and pay attention.
NIL is GOOD for football. It is not ruining it, putting UT at any kind of disadvantage or anything else.

All NIL (and functioning exactly as it should)- is doing is exactly what it is intended to do: making the paying of players legal and in the open.

This is important (beneficial) for many reasons:
1- It allows the NCAA to function without having to waste millions of dollars trying to investigate and prosecute cases where every school and sport in the nation breaks the rules.
2- It makes the paying of players legal so that the kid actually gets what he is promised, the payer can run the money through payroll, and neither party is breaking any laws. This is very important for those handing out the cash and for those taking it.

3- The coaches and institutions no longer have to deal with the seediness and hypocrisy of having “plausible deniability.” Not to mention the time it takes to teach kids how to hide money and not flaunt etc. etc. This is grimey and horrible.

4- The schools can truly know what the top offer for a kid is - unlike before when the kids agent (dad, uncle, HS coach, etc) handled the bidding.

5- These kids aren’t getting anymore money than before. It’s just legal now. NOTHING else has changed. Let me repeat that one more time:
NOTHING else has changed. We will still outbid Georgia for Jamal Lewis. We will still outbid Bama for Tee Martin. We will still outbid FSU and UF for Travis Henry. Our ladies basketball team will still outbid UConn. Our ladies golf team will still outbid Georgia - ( hell yes - even this happens - Ex UGA ladies head golf coach gave me some great stories about this).

In Sum - nothing has changed and this is better for all parties involved. Each team can have 85 players on payroll. Same as in 1995.
So can we drop this please?
Thank you.

Faison….? Is this you? We all know how much you love wadding undergarments….come on now….baaack awaaaay from the keyboard. 😬

I disagree. Some teams have more money than others. College Football is now the NFL. I don’t think it’s a good thing

Exactly. That is why I am watching more NFL than ever. I would rather watch true professionals and a league with rules that try to foster parity.

The NCAA looming issues over UT are not even in the equation anymore. Recruits could care less about bowl bans, the bowl games do not mean anything unless you are in the playoffs.
I just want to let everyone know, I have never carried my car keys in either of my ears
At least he did not say get the car key out of your butt
I was curious about what kind of car that dude drove. It seems he lives in a strange world where car keys are used for more than just starting your car.......

I’m gonna say this one time:
Get the car key out of your ear and pay attention.
NIL is GOOD for football. It is not ruining it, putting UT at any kind of disadvantage or anything else.

All NIL (and functioning exactly as it should)- is doing is exactly what it is intended to do: making the paying of players legal and in the open.

This is important (beneficial) for many reasons:
1- It allows the NCAA to function without having to waste millions of dollars trying to investigate and prosecute cases where every school and sport in the nation breaks the rules.
2- It makes the paying of players legal so that the kid actually gets what he is promised, the payer can run the money through payroll, and neither party is breaking any laws. This is very important for those handing out the cash and for those taking it.

3- The coaches and institutions no longer have to deal with the seediness and hypocrisy of having “plausible deniability.” Not to mention the time it takes to teach kids how to hide money and not flaunt etc. etc. This is grimey and horrible.

4- The schools can truly know what the top offer for a kid is - unlike before when the kids agent (dad, uncle, HS coach, etc) handled the bidding.

5- These kids aren’t getting anymore money than before. It’s just legal now. NOTHING else has changed. Let me repeat that one more time:
NOTHING else has changed. We will still outbid Georgia for Jamal Lewis. We will still outbid Bama for Tee Martin. We will still outbid FSU and UF for Travis Henry. Our ladies basketball team will still outbid UConn. Our ladies golf team will still outbid Georgia - ( hell yes - even this happens - Ex UGA ladies head golf coach gave me some great stories about this).

In Sum - nothing has changed and this is better for all parties involved. Each team can have 85 players on payroll. Same as in 1995.
So can we drop this please?
Thank you.
Thank you for just saying it one time!

I'll just say this: the seediness will still exist on top of the NIL deals that are made public. It will be this "additional" unreported money that still allows the most crooked to keep an advantage.

Ultimately, the NIL and free agency leads to:
* players getting their share of the pie
* less pie available for coaches
* less pie available for facilities
* players having agency over their careers instead of coaches who are incentivized to lie to them
* players not getting trapped by coaching changes
* probably, in time, a proper minor league where players are paid directly

Long overdue imo. Like the OP said, this has been how it's worked for a long time, but just like anything else, putting it into the open has a lot of positive benefits and yes, also increases the amounts that players will get in practice (also a good development). It's weird that so many people are against players making money... you would rather that others get to continue taking the money that they earned because they're the gatekeepers? Every single person here would feel differently if their profession operated in the same way.

Reactions: Raebo
Speaking of pantywads, hearing that the Jacksonville Jaguars are prepared to announce Will Muschamp as their new coach.

I'll just say this: the seediness will still exist on top of the NIL deals that are made public. It will be this "additional" unreported money that still allows the most crooked to keep an advantage.
Winner winner , chicken dinner

VN Store

Back