For those who want a coaching change

ecs4dvols

Think about where coaching changes have put us in the past. Also, consider this.. CJP took a job that NOBODY wanted. So, how would you expect anyone to come on board after firing a coach after 14 games? All of this talk does nothing but help other teams recruiting against us. Yes, some of the people on here are helping alabama georgia and florida recruit against us. We knew going in that CJP had never been a head coach and with that mistakes would be made. He has only had one full recruiting class and look what that class is doing already.. Eric Reid Henry T, wanya Morris and darnell Wright are already making a difference... give the guy at least 3 years to get players in the program and start the development process before you start trying to fire...

We have had a really tough 12 years.. that isn't an overnight fix.. but I've seen huge improvement in this team. In 2008 crompton was bad.. 2009 crompton was bad until he started to pick up Cheney's offense.. then the georgia game happened... give these coaches a real chance to develop players before you start trying to fire them.

I want to win as bad as anyone, but we have a team of young players that need to be developed.. our previous coach didn't develop players.. give our current staff a chance to develop this class before trying to start over again...

I'm done with my rant... so let the naysaying start and Go Vols!

Think about where coaching changes have put us in the past. Also, consider this.. CJP took a job that NOBODY wanted. So, how would you expect anyone to come on board after firing a coach after 14 games? All of this talk does nothing but help other teams recruiting against us. Yes, some of the people on here are helping alabama georgia and florida recruit against us. We knew going in that CJP had never been a head coach and with that mistakes would be made. He has only had one full recruiting class and look what that class is doing already.. Eric Reid Henry T, wanya Morris and darnell Wright are already making a difference... give the guy at least 3 years to get players in the program and start the development process before you start trying to fire...

We have had a really tough 12 years.. that isn't an overnight fix.. but I've seen huge improvement in this team. In 2008 crompton was bad.. 2009 crompton was bad until he started to pick up Cheney's offense.. then the georgia game happened... give these coaches a real chance to develop players before you start trying to fire them.

I want to win as bad as anyone, but we have a team of young players that need to be developed.. our previous coach didn't develop players.. give our current staff a chance to develop this class before trying to start over again...

Including himself..

It’s just my opinion, bet we must give Pruitt 4-5 years to prove that he either can or can’t be a head coach. He is going to make mistakes, but who doesn’t? This is not his team and it takes time for both a coaching staff and team to trust each other. I can’t say I’m happy with the current status, but it is not his or the teams fault a vast majority of the issues. This talk of firing him needs to stop for some semblance of stability. Just my humble opinion and of course there will be others who disagree and I respect that they have the right to do so as none of us truly know the right answer at this time.

It’s just my opinion, bet we must give Pruitt 4-5 years to prove that he either can or can’t be a head coach. He is going to make mistakes, but who doesn’t? This is not his team and it takes time for both a coaching staff and team to trust each other. I can’t say I’m happy with the current status, but it is not his or the teams fault a vast majority of the issues. This talk of firing him needs to stop for some semblance of stability. Just my humble opinion and of course there will be others who disagree and I respect that they have the right to do so as none of us truly know the right answer at this time.

It doesn’t take 4-5 years to know if a guy is a good HC or not. 2 to 3 max, but I think we already know with this guy.

This again?

Seems I’ve read this before. Perhaps in 2011-2012, and 2016-2017?

Yeah, you were wrong then too.
I didn't post on this board in the dooley era... so that wasn't from me... I was in the fire butch train on the 4th year.. so not sure you saw but wasn't me

Money talks, if we offer Big time pay and get serious about winning who knows what could happen. Nobody really wants Pruitt to have to be fired. It would require an apocalypse type season, which is honestly where we are until something changes. Hopefully he finds a way to make a bowl game. That’s pretty much the mark for the year regardless. It’s how he finishes this year that will seal his future. We’ve held on to bad coaches for too long then hired another unproven guy expecting different results. The program either dies with Pruitt, improves with Pruitt. Or we finally get serious about a winning proven coach.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
To say no one wanted the job isn't entirely correct. Gary Patterson wanted the job but was told he was too much of a football coach. Whatever the hell that means. Mick Leach wanted the job but apparently nobody wanted Michael Leach. Greg Scaino wanted the job but no 1 wanted him. And that is the people that we know of.

To say no one wanted the job isn't entirely correct. Gary Patterson wanted the job but was told he was too much of a football coach. Whatever the hell that means. Mick Leach wanted the job but apparently nobody wanted Michael Leach. Greg Scaino wanted the job but no 1 wanted him. And that is the people that we know of.

If we let go of a coach after 14 games... you won't have a lot of people interested with a leash that short...

Stop with the ridiculous BS that nobody will coach here.

ADPF found a guy that would toe the mark and be grateful someone actually offered him a HC gig.

Reactions: hog88 and Doberman
1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

Reactions: kcvols1

With great sadness, I must assure you that common sense doesn't make sense on Volnation.

Cue the violinist Itzhak Perlman's piece from the movie "Schindler’s List" a composition by John Williams.

but it is not his or the teams fault a vast majority of the issues.

Really. I like your posts a lot but year two is when you normally see improvement with good coaches. We have regressed. Heck, as I mentioned in another thread Mack Brown (a Tennessean btw) has already beat two ranked team in his FIRST year at UNC and does anyone think UNC is dramatically more talented player wise than we are. I am not a negaVol, I want Tennessee to win, I still hope somehow Pruitt and this staff finds a way but to not hold them accountable for the failures is either naive or uninformed.

Stopped reading when I hit “nobody wanted.” Pretty sure we could’ve landed Mike Leach..

Explain how he didn't want it? He had a rather cush job at Alabama rolling out top defenses loaded with 5 star talent and could have waited for another job if he didn't really want this one.
He wants the money, thats all. Im sure a lot of us have left cush jobs for ones we didnt really want because of the money. I know I have. Then you just bide your time..

Reactions: dduncan4163

He’s likely getting three regardless of what we think.
I would have preferred a coach that didn’t have to develop himself.

Reactions: mercuryvol

VN Store

Back