For those who said FAU would lose by 30...

One of the synonyms the Cambridge dictionary lists for mediocre is "middling." Making the tournament that takes over one-sixth of all the teams in college basketball every year, only to get bounced in the first or second round most years and never once make it to the final three rounds, is the very definition of middling.

I can't deny that losing a first round game leaves a team in the middle 80% of college basketball teams.

Au contraire: UK made the final AP top 25 in both 2018 and 2021. How often have we made the final poll in basketball? Your assertion is demonstrably false.

Since Barnes got here, Tennessee basketball vs. Kentucky football:

Top 25 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 4
  • Kentucky - 2
Top 10 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 2
  • Kentucky - 0
Top 5 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 1
  • Kentucky - 0
Conference champsionships:
  • Tennessee - 1 regular season, 1 conference tournament
  • Kentucky - 0
Conference win %:
  • Tennessee - 60%
  • Kentucky - 45%
If you're going to troll, at least try to sound right.

Since Barnes got here, Tennessee basketball vs. Kentucky football:

Top 25 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 4
  • Kentucky - 2
Top 10 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 2
  • Kentucky - 0
Top 5 finishes:
  • Tennessee - 1
  • Kentucky - 0
Conference champsionships:
  • Tennessee - 1 regular season, 1 conference tournament
  • Kentucky - 0
Conference win %:
  • Tennessee - 60%
  • Kentucky - 45%
If you're going to troll, at least try to sound right.

Seriously, people need to ignore him. He’s not even hiding it.

I'll be rooting for those boys from Boca, Hell they are only about 15 minutes away from me lol...Makes me happy to see a young team like them do what they are doing...Hate they beat us but they clearly deserved it.

Not counting 2020....UT was headed to the NIT at 17-14 and 9-9 when Covid cancelled the tournaments.

Not counting 2020....UT was headed to the NIT at 17-14 and 9-9 when Covid cancelled the tournaments.
I believe that was the year almost all of our men’s basketball team had Covid and we were lucky to field team on game days.

I believe that was the year almost all of our men’s basketball team had Covid and we were lucky to field team on game days.
Covid had just started that same month and pretty much the same week....March 2020. That's when they started to shut down the country....and sports....high school....college ....pros. It was some time later that the guidelines came out and so many teams were effected...football and basketball the next season months away.

We had played a full season in 2019-2020 when we were NIT bound before Covid had really hit this part of the country.....The next year 2020-2021 season we got into the NCAA tournament with a 18-9 overall....10-7 conference record and lost the first game in the NCAA.

If UT would have played every game after Dook like they played Dook, there would have been s banner raising ring ceremony next winter at TBA.

Yep if we had the Duke & Texas ORN every game we’d be in FF if he just hits like that it opens up so much. He got good looks just his down game typical play.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
For sure.. but losing the rebound margin by 4 isn’t the reason we lost. Them shooting 42% and us 33% is the reason.

I would point out that it was a far larger margin, we snagged 3 or 4 rebounds on our last possession when we were missing 3s.

FAU kept about a 6-8 rebound margin for the bulk of the game so it had a huge impact, and since we shot so much worse the bulk of those rebounds were defensive (28 of their 40 to be exact).

But ultimately we just didn't make enough shots, we took 13 more FGs than them too. Shot worse at ever level.

I was concerned @ long rebounds. Quicker players nullify vertical advantages on those. They got them AND plenty around the rim too. :-/
The small fast teams that shoot a lot of 3s thru the season. they learn how they’re 3shooters ball caroms if they miss on certain shots and position themselves to be in the right place. Great hustle.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back