For those who said FAU would lose by 30...

i would have bet a hundo k-state would run the floor on them...good thing i don't bet b-ball..gotta give them credit they rebound the hell out of the ball.

Sad thing is UT could have beat FAU and K state to be in finals.

I don’t see Tennessee beating either of those teams today. They both played at a level I only saw once or twice this year & those were both at home. Doing that on the road or neutral site isn’t gonna happen.

It was interesting when their coach said they play as if they have no worries if they lose. No big expectations. That’s why they never play “tight” if they get behind. Always playing loose. But I think that’s more because of the school program. Next year? I think they won’t have that mentality. They remind me of Butler

You realize prior to this year he was only 8 games over .500 (4 seasons). May want to see if he can sustain it for more than a year.
You realize he has a fraction of the resources and talent he would have here? You realize he just made it to where we have been zero times in the history of this program? Man I get tired of all the people on here who fight for mediocrity.

You realize he has a fraction of the resources and talent he would have here? You realize he just made it to where we have been zero times in the history of this program? Man I get tired of all the people on here who fight for mediocrity.
It is not fighting for mediocrity, it is just a matter of perspective. Scott Frost was the talk of college football because of his record at the same FAU. So much, that he landed a sweet gig at Nebraska. How did that work out? Also, how is making the sweet 16 mediocrity?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
It is not fighting for mediocrity, it is just a matter of perspective. Scott Frost was the talk of college football because of his record at the same FAU. So much, that he landed a sweet gig at Nebraska. How did that work out? Also, how is making the sweet 16 mediocrity?
Lane Kiffin was at FAU. Scott Frost was at UCF.

Unbelievable that they won and Alabama lost! It’s still great to be a Vol!

It was interesting when their coach said they play as if they have no worries if they lose. No big expectations. That’s why they never play “tight” if they get behind. Always playing loose. But I think that’s more because of the school program. Next year? I think they won’t have that mentality. They remind me of Butler
Brad Stevens why would you compare this dude to Brad Stevens

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
And what if he is the next great coach and he goes to a rival school and beats us down every year? While we are stuck in the 70s scoring 50ppg.

Man I get tired of all the people on here that call what CRB has done as Mediocre.

Can you and the others even defined Mediocrity. It's a word that most of you use because you think it sticks. It doesn't. So what you call Mediocre most teams would love to be in that Position.

Now the money How much do you pay on CRB's Salary. How much you willing to fork over in Buyout $$$$

Whether you like it or not the Athletic Programs in the NCAA are all about $$$$$ and putting fans in the seats. It's a business and there is no such thing as bad PR.

Regarding the $$$$ Just go give them the money and hire who you want. Sorry it doesn't work that way. CRB is not going anywhere until CRB decides he is gone. We are going to get what we paid him to do for the timeframe we contracted him.

Get over it, leave and take your other Mediocre Fans with you.

Man I get tired of all the people on here that call what CRB has done as Mediocre.

Can you and the others even defined Mediocrity. It's a word that most of you use because you think it sticks. It doesn't. So what you call Mediocre most teams would love to be in that Position.

Now the money How much do you pay on CRB's Salary. How much you willing to fork over in Buyout $$$$

Whether you like it or not the Athletic Programs in the NCAA are all about $$$$$ and putting fans in the seats. It's a business and there is no such thing as bad PR.

Regarding the $$$$ Just go give them the money and hire who you want. Sorry it doesn't work that way. CRB is not going anywhere until CRB decides he is gone. We are going to get what we paid him to do for the timeframe we contracted him.

Get over it, leave and take your other Mediocre Fans with you.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. All of it.

Last edited:
I really put more stock into winning a regular season conference title than i do the NCAA tourney. With transfers, one and dones, and players that might not be fully invested, it's really a coin toss who makes the final 4 these days.

Maybe that makes it better, I don't know.

Yep…IMO if we had to narrow it down to one reason we lost to them…this is the stat.

That and about 10 bunnies in the 1st half that clanked of the side of the rim. We should have been up 15+ going into 2nd ½. Hot potato shooting around the rim. We would have absorbed the run had we done that.

Show me a team with 30+ wins in modern D1 college basketball and I guarantee you they can play with anyone. It's not like 30 years ago when the separation of talent was more dramatic.

VN Store

Back