For those always talking about recruiting rankings

UGA won’t throw 2 pick sixes. Please be available next week….
How do you know what happens? He didn’t look all that great In a few moments against Ohio state. You do realize Michigan kicked Ohio states arse at home ?!?! Michigan is a better offensive team and defensive team than Ohio state. TCU looks to be destined for this title! No more home field advantage for a week scheduled dawgA team. A first game in Atlanta Oregon team….Then Tennessee at Athens and LSU In Atlanta….Ohio State in Atlanta.

Reactions: TheFlash1971
TCU lost to K St. K St. was decimated by Bama. There are about 9 teams in the SEC that would stand a decent chance of beating TCU. TCU is probably decidedly better than 5 of those. IMO, football is about probabilities. TCU would beat UGA about 1 out of 20. Bama 1 of 5, TN 5 of 10, LSU 7 of 10, etc. When you play 9 teams that have a better than 1 of 10 chance of winning, then you have to be extremely lucky to only lose one of those games.
TCU this year won a lot of games that could have gone either way. I am not sure if it is luck or their will to win at the end. I am not sure it is sustainable though without recruiting better. Their QB is a gamer, their D is opportunistic had some breaks go their way. All of their games have been entertaining. I am very curious next year if they can sustain it.

How do you know what happens? He didn’t look all that great In a few moments against Ohio state. You do realize Michigan kicked Ohio states arse at home ?!?! Michigan is a better offensive team and defensive team than Ohio state. TCU looks to be destined for this title! No more home field advantage for a week scheduled dawgA team. A first game in Atlanta Oregon team….Then Tennessee at Athens and LSU In Atlanta….Ohio State in Atlanta.
Only people that should be pulling for Ga to win is Georgia fans , Georgia alumni, and anybody associated with Georgia. Quit drinking the SEC chant koolaid. I will never ever ever say that. It’s just the conference we’re in. Totally pulling for TCU , they have no affiliation with my VoLS whatsoever but we do have one thing in common beat GA’s ass.

Only people that should be pulling for Ga to win is Georgia fans , Georgia alumni, and anybody associated with Georgia. Quit drinking the SEC chant koolaid. I will never ever ever say that. It’s just the conference we’re in. Totally pulling for TCU , they have no affiliation with my VoLS whatsoever but we do have one thing in common beat GA’s ass.
I’m loss with what your saying…I don’t care about the SEC….No recruit says Gooooooo SEC !

How many contenders did tcu play this season before tonight?

Bowls are offset because we're guaranteed 1 or 2 in the playoff. Perfect example was us playing the ACC champ

With optouts I'm not sure it's relevant anyways

The oh by the way bowls are a terrible measure of conference strength for a host of reasons, including opt outs.

Just look at who routinely appears in the playoffs and win it.

Reactions: hog88
Who was the last SEC champion without consistent top 5 recruiting classes?

I believe TCU lost to KState because they just ran out of gas . Having their by week in middle of September caught up with them they played a tough schedule and 10 weekends in a row with no rest IMO. By PRG TCU Strength of Schedule as of December 4th was 14th UGA 21st UT-49th. I think having your tougher games at home can mask SOS to a degree. UGA has been fortunate in that realm and even their 1st playoff game was basically at home OSU had use a silent count like Vols did in Athens. I think TCU has got the better QB and if he has the game of his life could get interesting.

For a while, Boise State won games, including beating up on big boys like Georgia, PAC 10 (12) opponents, and Oklahoma with near bottom feeder recruits. Recruiting quality matters, but coaching more so. More proof? Just look at what Heupel did with our phooked up team in just two years. We went from the laughingstock of not only the SEC, but CFB in general, to very much shocked onlookers, game by game. I still marvel at how he Lysol cleaned the Pruitt stink, and got the remaining players who stayed to play football the way it should be played.

Hmmm. So, it sounds like Dykes is a much better coach than Heupel, right? After all, he was so much better in year one than Heupel in year two with a set of players ranked much lower (30-17) than our "phooked" up team.

You can believe what you want but I can see that the teams that are consistent championship contenders consistently rank high in recruiting.
Plenty of coaches catch lightning in a bottle and win a championship with a great roster then get fired. Plenty of coaches win with lesser rosters. Most of these coaches take other, better jobs.

They both matter if you want to be a contender year in and year out. For a while and this year do not mean the same thing as consistent. Maybe we will see lesser teams with good coaches prosper with the 12 team CFP, but it may also expose them to ceilings that UT does not have when a good coach is here. They players are here, and will continue to be here.

I hear that SEC schedule stuff every year, yet the SEC doesn't dominate the bowl games every year. Some years yes, but not every year. I believe the SEC is the toughest conference, but it's not by as much margin as many of you make it out to be. The bowl games prove that, yet the same old talking points keep getting repeated.
When you dont have a few weeks to get ready its a lot harder to do.

Hmmm. So, it sounds like Dykes is a much better coach than Heupel, right? After all, he was so much better in year one than Heupel in year two with a set of players ranked much lower (30-17) than our "phooked" up team.
You can believe what you want but I can see that the teams that are consistent championship contenders consistently rank high in recruiting.
Plenty of coaches catch lightning in a bottle and win a championship with a great roster then get fired. Plenty of coaches win with lesser rosters. Most of these coaches take other, better jobs.
They both matter if you want to be a contender year in and year out. For a while and this year do not mean the same thing as consistent. Maybe we will see lesser teams with good coaches prosper with the 12 team CFP, but it may also expose them to ceilings that UT does not have when a good coach is here. They players are here, and will continue to be here.

What Heil are you talking about????? Below is what my post said, I have no idea how you got it turned into heat-warped cellophane.

1672604285187.png

TCU actually played a pretty good schedule, week to week they played tough games, they just didn't have opponents like Alabama and Georgia but they only had one out of conference cream puff game and they ended up playing about 5 ranked teams.

I hear that SEC schedule stuff every year, yet the SEC doesn't dominate the bowl games every year. Some years yes, but not every year. I believe the SEC is the toughest conference, but it's not by as much margin as many of you make it out to be. The bowl games prove that, yet the same old talking points keep getting repeated.
...but the SEC keeps winning the national championships.

If you want to look where coaching combined with recruiting matters it’s basically a combo.
Great coach can only go so far with 3-4 star talent.
A ****** coach with 5-4 star talent can win Nattys examples Les Miles, Ed Ogeron, Kirby Smart, all these coaches and probably a few more if they were to go to the NFL would be position coaches at best. Kirby Smart can’t out coach anybody unless he has all 5 star talent on the D and O lines that’s where he wins.

If you want to look where coaching combined with recruiting matters it’s basically a combo.
Great coach can only go so far with 3-4 star talent.
A ****** coach with 5-4 star talent can win Nattys examples Les Miles, Ed Ogeron, Kirby Smart, all these coaches and probably a few more if they were to go to the NFL would be position coaches at best. Kirby Smart can’t out coach anybody unless he has all 5 star talent on the D and O lines that’s where he wins.

Part of coaching at the college level is recruiting and hiring the right staff. None of the ones you listed are **** coaches.

TCU is a veteran laden team if I recall correctly. They won't be nearly as good next year because they don't have the young talented depth to replace their losses.
Unless they load up on portals…again.

Let me know when they get to play an sec schedule with their 30 average. In our conf you must have both
Exactly! All these non-conference team fans want to act like the grind of an SEC schedule has no bearing on the end result. They are clueless, or just ignorant!

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back