For those always talking about recruiting rankings

As for coaches mattering more, I offer

Exhibit A Ed Orgeron
Exhibit B Gene Chizik

Those teams could have had a monkey for a head coach and still won a championship

Yep Joe Burrow should have been listed has HC of that LSU team and Cam Newton the Auburn team.

Reactions: WillisWG
He beat Texas by 7 , Alabama beat Texas by 2 so that don’t hold water.
Kansas State beat TCU and Alabama beat the crap out of Kansas St so that does not hold water either.
The transfer Portal is the equalizer. Experience vs raw recruit.
Allows time to Coach up the Raw Recruit.
So Coaching and fit does matter as well.

To survive the SEC, TCU would need more SEC level players. To win the SEC, they would need even more SEC level players. You just saw the type of talent needed to make UGA nervous. And if you had posted up OSU's recent recruiting rankings. You'll see an obvious counter to your "point". But then, there would be have no thread...

Reactions: hog88
Maybe the bigger point is that a SEC team who recruits in the top 10-15 isn't consigned to failure. As per the narrative of our star groupies on here.
Top 10-15 nationally is good for five to eight in the SEC. Not consigned to failure by any means. But not around the top either, as Georgia (in our division) just finished off another top class.

I hear that SEC schedule stuff every year, yet the SEC doesn't dominate the bowl games every year. Some years yes, but not every year. I believe the SEC is the toughest conference, but it's not by as much margin as many of you make it out to be. The bowl games prove that, yet the same old talking points keep getting repeated.
TCU lost to K St. K St. was decimated by Bama. There are about 9 teams in the SEC that would stand a decent chance of beating TCU. TCU is probably decidedly better than 5 of those. IMO, football is about probabilities. TCU would beat UGA about 1 out of 20. Bama 1 of 5, TN 5 of 10, LSU 7 of 10, etc. When you play 9 teams that have a better than 1 of 10 chance of winning, then you have to be extremely lucky to only lose one of those games.

Top 10-15 nationally is good for five to eight in the SEC. Not consigned to failure by any means. But not around the top either, as Georgia (in our division) just finished off another top class.
We’ll see. We’re in year TWO with this staff and you have to write off the 21 class with all the defections. Currently Heupel is coaching up REMNANTS of 15-21 ranked classes to 11 wins. The science has been skewed.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I hear that SEC schedule stuff every year, yet the SEC doesn't dominate the bowl games every year. Some years yes, but not every year. I believe the SEC is the toughest conference, but it's not by as much margin as many of you make it out to be. The bowl games prove that, yet the same old talking points keep getting repeated.
Winning a bowl game is just 1 game @ a neutral site. Every power 5 conference has a school that can beat an SEC school, especially if they don't have to play in an SEC environment. The argument is SEC schedule. That means u have to play more than 1 SEC team. It's more like 8-9 games & half are on the road. The bowl game argument is cute but it ain't the same thing as playing Bama, UGA, Fla, & some rotating West OPP like LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, or A&M in the regular season every year.

Then why didnt this "elite talent" get reflected in the recruiting rankings? TCU has averaged 30th in recruiting over the last few years. Are you telling me that TCU managed to recruit that many "diamond in the rough" players and they somehow ALL panned out? Possibly but seems highly unlikely. If this is the case then they are the luckiest team in the history of college football.

I'm firmly in the camp that TCU is a very well coached team that has benefitted from playing a soft Big 12 schedule. Yes they played Michigan off their feet but they wont sustain it 2 games in a row. Georgia will absolutely expose them!

Then why didnt this "elite talent" get reflected in the recruiting rankings? TCU has averaged 30th in recruiting over the last few years. Are you telling me that TCU managed to recruit that many "diamond in the rough" players and they somehow ALL panned out? Possibly but seems highly unlikely. If this is the case then they are the luckiest team in the history of college football.

I'm firmly in the camp that TCU is a very well coached team that has benefitted from playing a soft Big 12 schedule. Yes they played Michigan off their feet but they wont sustain it 2 games in a row. Georgia will absolutely expose them!
What’s funny is that if TCU wins people like you will say ,” well Georgia didn’t play their best game” TCU doesn’t play in the SEC . That is the biggest line of crap you can say about every team in every game they lose.
Ole Miss blown out by TT
Missouri Lost to WF
Kentucky shut out out by crappy Iowa team.
SC lost to ND
Florida lost to Oregon State
Ala, Tenn, Ga only three teams were good
The rest of the SEC teams were total ducking garbage , just like every year . 2-3 teams are good and the rest suck

UF was down to their 4th string QB who had attempted 14 career passes and none coming at UF. They had multiple WR’s opt out as well. Oregon State didn’t. UK is awful, but they too were without Levis and Rodriguez. They were shells of the teams that had played all season.
Blah.Blahblah. SEC is a 3team League every year and the rest suck, Now we are finally going to be at top of the food chain.
If TCU played in the SEC west they would have won it . Ala had crappy defense, LSU sucks, Texas A&M sucks, Miss State sucks, Ole Miss sucks, Arkansas sucks, Auburn sucks.

Bowl games, outside of the playoff, are not really good barometers anymore. Opt outs, coaching changes, a month to prepare, etc., make solid comparisons tough. This applies on both sides of the argument. It could be that with a full team, the SEC schools would totally hose other conferences. Or vice versa.

When TCU beats Ga can’t wait to here all the ****ing excuses by Ga and SEC chanters. I love Tennessee not the SEC . I don’t drink that koolaid. All you people that love Tennessee but your going to watch and pull for Ga then flame on.

Reactions: Okie
For a while, Boise State won games, including beating up on big boys like Georgia, PAC 10 (12) opponents, and Oklahoma with near bottom feeder recruits. Recruiting quality matters, but coaching more so. More proof? Just look at what Heupel did with our phooked up team in just two years. We went from the laughingstock of not only the SEC, but CFB in general, to very much shocked onlookers, game by game. I still marvel at how he Lysol cleaned the Pruitt stink, and got the remaining players who stayed to play football the way it should be played.

This all day long. TCU plays in a conference of pillow fighting. They got a very lucky draw in Michigan.

They would be lucky to be a Ky or a MissSt in the SEC.
They have some really good players, coaches and QB. So I beg to differ, more like LSU or TN in my opinion. I'd say they'd win 9-10 games pretty consistently.

Reactions: TheFlash1971
Recruiting and talent development is where it's at. Teams filled with lesser talent rarely win. Team filled with upper level talent usually win. To discount the head coach is not smart, or fair. Especially when said school has only won national titles when they had a great coach (LSU for example).

They have some really good players, coaches and QB. So I beg to differ, more like LSU or TN in my opinion. I'd say they'd win 9-10 games pretty consistently.
TCU would kill it in the SEC . They would be right their with Ala and LSU on the west side. They wouldn’t need ga or Florida for recruiting . Texas can fill the whole ****ing conference with players . Texas high school footbal is the largest in the country.

TCU would kill it in the SEC . They would be right their with Ala and LSU on the west side. They wouldn’t need ga or Florida for recruiting . Texas can fill the whole ****ing conference with players . Texas high school footbal is the largest in the country.
Please be sure and come back after the game next week and take your beating.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
That’s like saying Kirby Smart is a great coach , seriously . Name me one NFL franchise owner that is going to call that ****ing clown to coach his team . Here’s your answer 0, notta, none . That guy will only win with all 5 and 4 stars. Smart would not have went 10-2 with Heupels team , not in a million years.

TCU lost to K St. K St. was decimated by Bama. There are about 9 teams in the SEC that would stand a decent chance of beating TCU. TCU is probably decidedly better than 5 of those. IMO, football is about probabilities. TCU would beat UGA about 1 out of 20. Bama 1 of 5, TN 5 of 10, LSU 7 of 10, etc. When you play 9 teams that have a better than 1 of 10 chance of winning, then you have to be extremely lucky to only lose one of those games.

Kentucky, Arkansas, and Florida would win every other Power 5 conference, right?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: TheFlash1971

VN Store

Back