For the Masses Wanting Freeze

UTNoFear

Dissecting Hugh Freeze's Hurry Up No Huddle
Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I've stayed quiet for numerous reasons. The biggest is everyone one has latched on to the Idea Freeze is the answer and won't settle for anyone else and any hire if not Freeze is a bust. THE MAN'S SYSTEM DOESN'T FIT WHAT CJP WANT'S HERE. Ok, let that sink in. He runs a hurry up RPO. which requires the exact kind of players CBJ was recruiting to run his offense. The biggest reason I don't want him here is recruiting violations. If the man repented then I'm behind him but sanaction aren't anything I'm looking for at UT. We are recruiting OL to run a smash mouth in your face offense. If and a big IF, we were to hire Freeze as our OC then our recruiting would have to be totally undone and more under sized OL and back to where we were with Butch.

Leave the hiring to CJP, he knows what he wants and I for one trust his vetting of an OC coach. If I had to bet, it's already a done deal and just waiting for the coaches season to end. I understand that's an open statement but the coach is either in the playoff's or in the NFL.

How about you clueless people just let CJP pick his OC and bow out of all your attacks on our coach. I place more faith on him than I do any arm chairs here.

P.S. I've been through a coaching change in college and it sucked but we hired a gem. Clam down and let CJP do his job, judge him after the 2019 season. You chicken little's kill me.

Feel Better?

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

I'm not seeing many attacks on the coach. Mostly it's AD/boosters and up.

I've wondered about this from the beginning. Guys like Freeze and Lindsey got latched onto early, yet both seem like a departure.

of course they are but we need some positive things to happen around here or those top 1-5 classes are going to be non exisitent.

Reactions: GoVols876
Don't care what the formations are. Can they score enough to win? Nothing wrong with RPOs. Excellent way to conflict defenders. Laremy Tunsil didn't seem undersized. I want the best possible and he is way out in front. Either hire the best available or let them go to your rival and have to coach against them.

Reactions: onevol74
Bear, If you want Freeze then so be it, but remember this, we don't have the athletes to run his offense which our recruiting class shows. Open you're eyes sir,,,,,,,,, You're one of the few that I have't ignored on this site but OUR recruiting class would have to change for a freeze hire.

I'm with you for the most part....never understood the adulation of Freeze. Yes, he beat Bama twice, but he lost quite a few games he shouldn't have and overall record was about 5 wins better than Jones in the same number of years in the SEC. Not to mention the 0'fer year due to sanctions. He may work out as an OC, but don't think the evidence is "that" strong that he's a home run anymore than Jones turnout not to be.

I see you’ve had a tramatic life event today. Sorry for your loss. But this event is probably all the better reason you should log off and spend time with your family.
Don't care what the formations are. Can they score enough to win? Nothing wrong with RPOs. Excellent way to conflict defenders. Laremy Tunsil didn't seem undersized. I want the best possible and he is way out in front. Either hire the best available or let them go to your rival and have to coach against them.

You have to recruit to your strengths. You can't recruit one way and do a 180 to recruit another way, THINK ABOUT IT. Let the raw emation go fo a second and think about what you're asking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
While they decide Freeze is not the guy all the others are getting jobs. This problem needs to be fixed. They have had plenty of time to analyze. Get it done!

I disagree. I played against and coached against Freeze's offenses while he coached at Briarcrest. They looked different than what he ran at Arky State and Ole Miss. Freeze knew he couldn't run a pro-style offense at Ole Miss because he would never have the athletes to compete with LSU, Auburn, and Bama. Freeze molded his offenses to what fit his personnel the best.

I have concerns with Freeze but the offensive fit is way down the list....

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

đź’Ż agree

Reactions: feathersax
You have to recruit to your strengths. That in your face, you can't recruit one way and do a 180 to recruit another way, THINK ABOUT IT. Let the raw emation go fo a second and think about what you're asking for.
Huh?

Freeze and his offense is the only one on the market that has beaten Saban twice. Something not many have been able to do. I'd rather have him here than let Saban hire him and wax us for 10 more years.

Meh....Malzahn's done it twice too....I damn sure don't want to take him off AU's hands.

Serious question ... not being argumentative.
Who does fit what CJP wants to do offensively. I don't believe Helton did, and I'm not sure who does.

Hugh Freeze - Wikipedia

You act as if these coaches are married to 1 system, show's me how clueless you are

Reactions: T-TownVol

VN Store

Back