Hypocritical, or not?

Do you support the hiring of Hugh Freeze as OC?

• yes

Votes: 420 89.2%
  • no

Votes: 51 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really, Get in your scripture and then get back to me. Yes I need your prayers but not about this. You sir need it more!
You obviously cherrypick scriptures, maybe you should spend more time reading up on second chances or casting stones...

Matthew 7:5

Reactions: mikepotts
I’m going to light a match on a big pool of gasoline here, but if you are this worried about the coordinator, it’s a sign you don’t have faith in the head coach.

Most of the successful programs in the country, I have no clue who the coordinators are. I’d have to look it up.

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, Penn State, Washington, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

The only one I think I know is that Venables was the d-coordinator at Clemson. Don’t know if he still is.

But, most programs the coordinators change and the program keeps right on trucking.

If Pruitt is the man, I wouldn’t sweat the coordinator hires
Oh please. You know its about way more than that.

You obviously cherrypick scriptures, maybe you should spend more time reading up on second chances or casting stones...

Matthew 7:5
I'm all for second chances but not when dealing with young impressionable men. You're win at all costs is just that. Major problem with society today is the I WANT IT NOW AND I DON"T CARE HOW I GET THERE. Cherry picking scripture? I think not. Matthew 7:5 CBS version better yet I'll go Scofield... more to your liking. "Tho hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thy own eye: and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

I'm not jugging Freeze because it's not my place but I will not be a hypocrite by keeping the same guidelines for Greg Schiano as I do for Freeze. The man will be en charged with molding young men and if your son was under his charge would you want him molding him? I'll take a hard pass. Until you have spent the money I have on donations and tickets since 96 then get back to me. Win at all cost....... you're pathetic....... Sorry but that's truth sir!

I'm all for second chances but not when dealing with young impressionable men. You're win at all costs is just that. Major problem with society today is the I WANT IT NOW AND I DON"T CARE HOW I GET THERE. Cherry picking scripture? I think not. Matthew 7:5 CBS version better yet I'll go Scofield... more to your liking. "Tho hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thy own eye: and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

I'm not jugging Freeze because it's not my place but I will not be a hypocrite by keeping the same guidelines for Greg Schiano as I do for Freeze. The man will be en charged with molding young men and if your son was under his charge would you want him molding him? I'll take a hard pass. Until you have spent the money I have on donations and tickets since 96 then get back to me. Win at all cost....... you're pathetic....... Sorry but that's truth sir!
You might read scripture, but you obviously don’t understand any of it and I couldn’t care less how much money you spend.

You’re a blazing hypocrite that should have banned himself 30 mins ago.

I’ll sell my soul to the devil for seasons with 10+ wins regularly.
Sad you don't even know what that means. Trust me, I went through my brother in law taking his own life and leaving 3 beautiful children and a beautiful wife because life was too tough(This Morning at 2:25). Selling your soul for a game? Sir you have lost all sense that you've ever possessed.

Sad you don't even know what that means. Trust me, I went through my brother in law taking his own life and leaving 3 beautiful children and a beautiful wife because life was too tough(This Morning at 2:25). Selling your soul for a game? Sir you have lost all sense that you've ever possessed.
I guess I should have used a blue font.
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Behr
You might read scripture, but you obviously don’t understand any of it and I couldn’t care less how much money you spend.

You’re a blazing hypocrite that should have banned himself 30 mins ago.

Brother, you need to get, one a grip, and two, rethink your life because you are sadly headed down a sad road. End of response.

Schiano would have been the face of the UT football program as head coach... Freeze would be OC working under Pruitt. Plus while both did wrong things, Schiano's is worse
Put him up in the booth and keep him away from the press.

I guess I should have used a blue font.
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much! Now I have a nephew to raise and a family that is devasted. Once again thank you so much for your kind words.I take solace in Psalms 40:1-3. Once again, ty for the kind words but his wife and children need your prayers more. Truly sad.

I so wish that was the case but I have to bring my mother in law back down to Lynn Haven in the morning and your right, I should have steered away from the boards. I meant no offense sir. Please forgive me.

I was listening to a local sports radio show this morning and they were polling this as well. At the time the poll was 62% in favor of the hire (IIRC) but it seemed like their number would drop from the conversation. I was curious what the thoughts of membership here were.

My $0.02... I was NOT in favor of the Schiano hire, but not for the consensus reason. I didnt care for his coaching record/results. That being said i was not enthused about the Pruitt hire either, but we all set ourselves up for the "big splash" hire and we (for the most part) were underwhelmed with what we got. For me the jury is still out with CJP, but i am giving him a fair shake and showing my support.

The argument on the radio was that he (Freeze) is a good coach but a bad guy... and it would by hypocritical to hire Freeze after not hiring Schiano. I feel like it would be hypocritical to claim to be a christian and not want one guy... but on the other hand not show forgiveness and giving the other guy a second chance to prove he is sorry for what he did...

This whole conversation can get deep, im keeping this first post as simple as i can and keeping the poll simple just to get an idea. Please explain your stand/why you made your choice.
Two seperate cases. Ohio St people said bad things about Tennessee when we didnt hire Schiano. Well when Urban was suspended for the 3 games, Ohio St gave the head coach job to someone else. Freeze didnt do anything near as bad as what Schiano did. Schiano shouldnt even be allowed to coach anywhere ever again.

Who cares if we look hypocritical? I would be willing to bet everyone has been hypocritical at least once in their life.

Who cares if we look hypocritical? I would be willing to bet everyone has been hypocritical at least once in their life.

There are members that care, they want us to be hypocritical, thats one of the things they thrive on. If the fan base wasn't doing something they thought was stupid, they wouldn't be happy.

Damn whiny-assed Jacklegs.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
There are members that care, they want us to be hypocritical, thats one of the things they thrive on. If the fan base wasn't doing something they thought was stupid, they wouldn't be happy.

Damn whiny-assed Jacklegs.
That's not nice. You need to hibernate.

VN Store

Back