For the love of TN football

ORNGFACTOR

I have read a lot of current posts from disgruntled TN fans about the current status of the UT football program. It's apparent that in the name of "voicing concerns or opinions" that fans have used their freedom of choice, which they are allowed to do on this free site, as an opportunity to bash a player, current or former coach, program, current or former athletic director, another school, other fans, or the media. The posts are as incredible as the logic or perceptions fueling the posts. I watched the KY game, read the paper, seen the press conferences, and like most TN fans I have been a part of the 3 year ride with all it's twist and turns. In all this uncertainty, I see fewer comments of support or encouragement for the coaches or players.

Instead of another rumor thread about someone whose brother dates the cousin of the teacher who knows someone in the athletic department and instead of having a thread that condemns a person or brings up another fault, I would like to humbly start a thread, my solution and contribution since I cannot coach or play, that coaches and players would enjoy reading. They need the encouragement especially when critical comments are out numbering the supportive comments 5:1.

I was listening this morning to one of my favorite coaches on the Mike and Mike radio show, Coach Herm Edwards. The podcast is still available if you didn't catch the show; however, the topic was the NY Jets. With all the off field remarks and setbacks, the point that Coach Herm made was how the Jets are responsible for cleaning their own house and that process started with honesty and humility.

His remarks were ( paraphrase ) that the road to humility is the place to start and it's the road with not that much traffic. Tim Tebow is a great example. Reading the posts, hearing the news media, looking at the setbacks, and considering the hopes and dreams of the fans for the program I couldn't help but feel that this is exactly the place to start for the fan base and the team.

Coach Dooley and team, may God bless you during this time and please accept our apology for being critical and condemning. We pray that the team will be blessed with no injuries and we pray for health/ strength. May you be blessed with creative solutions to every issue and may ever issue lead to newer opportunities to growth and success. We believe in you and we are proud to call TN our team.

Reactions: 4 people
Lol. Dooley is owed no apology from anyone here. He is in over his head and our program will remain irrelevant as long as he is here.

Very well stated! I will wager $100 that you are over the age of 50...? Nice and mature...good sentence structure..excellent grammar..use of spell checker. Very well prepared message. My compliments!

I have read at least one, and I think two, of Herm Edwards books. I have a great deal of respect for him. We will get through this together...as one united Vol Vation!

Reactions: 3 people
I have read a lot of current posts from disgruntled TN fans about the current status of the UT football program. It's apparent that in the name of "voicing concerns or opinions" that fans have used their freedom of choice, which they are allowed to do on this free site, as an opportunity to bash a player, current or former coach, program, current or former athletic director, another school, other fans, or the media. The posts are as incredible as the logic or perceptions fueling the posts. I watched the KY game, read the paper, seen the press conferences, and like most TN fans I have been a part of the 3 year ride with all it's twist and turns. In all this uncertainty, I see fewer comments of support or encouragement for the coaches or players.

Instead of another rumor thread about someone whose brother dates the cousin of the teacher who knows someone in the athletic department and instead of having a thread that condemns a person or brings up another fault, I would like to humbly start a thread, my solution and contribution since I cannot coach or play, that coaches and players would enjoy reading. They need the encouragement especially when critical comments are out numbering the supportive comments 5:1.

I was listening this morning to one of my favorite coaches on the Mike and Mike radio show, Coach Herm Edwards. The podcast is still available if you didn't catch the show; however, the topic was the NY Jets. With all the off field remarks and setbacks, the point that Coach Herm made was how the Jets are responsible for cleaning their own house and that process started with honesty and humility.

His remarks were ( paraphrase ) that the road to humility is the place to start and it's the road with not that much traffic. Tim Tebow is a great example. Reading the posts, hearing the news media, looking at the setbacks, and considering the hopes and dreams of the fans for the program I couldn't help but feel that this is exactly the place to start for the fan base and the team.

Coach Dooley and team, may God bless you during this time and please accept our apology for being critical and condemning. We pray that the team will be blessed with no injuries and we pray for health/ strength. May you be blessed with creative solutions to every issue and may ever issue lead to newer opportunities to growth and success. We believe in you and we are proud to call TN our team.
Posts like yours are rare on VN. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping: :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
I've been a VFL for 40 years, the last 25 stuck in 'Bama halfway between Auburn and Tuscaloosa. I have been raised to despise both from birth, and my children are the token Vols at their schools. I lived through Alabama's coaching embarrassment and laughed with glee. Now, it's our turn at the whipping post. But the biggest difference I see is that there is more anger and infighting among our ranks. The Alabama fans, despite all their quirkiness, rallied behind their team, coach and administration when push came to shove. As they celebrate another national title, I envy what they have done. I still cannot stand their fans, but I'm a huge Saban fan. The man commands respect and demands control. I wish I could say the same about Coach Dooley. Time will tell if his tutelge under Saban will rub off. I'm beginning to have my doubts. I don't miss the Fulmer of later years, I don't miss Kiffin, but I do miss being able to hold my head up with pride about the football program from the university that is emblazoned across the top of my diploma....The University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Very well stated! I will wager $100 that you are over the age of 50...? Nice and mature...good sentence structure..excellent grammar..use of spell checker. Very well prepared message. My compliments!

I have read at least one, and I think two, of Herm Edwards books. I have a great deal of respect for him. We will get through this together...as one united Vol Vation!

I can manage all of that, except (at times) the "mature" part, and I'm 15. Not very difficult.

This thread can be your thread for a positive supportive response to the team.

It can be the fans contribution in hopes that coaches / players will read.

Thank you for the kind words but this isn't for me.

I can manage all of that, except (at times) the "mature" part, and I'm 15. Not very difficult.

Very good! Not many 15 year olds out there who can write old style like that. I am glad that you can do it! Now go hit the books. Tennessee needs more doctors and engineers and so on and so forth.

This thread can be your thread for a positive supportive response to the team.

It can be the fans contribution in hopes that coaches / players will read.

Thank you for the kind words but this isn't for me.

State your age please...I am guessing 64.

I've been a VFL for 40 years, the last 25 stuck in 'Bama halfway between Auburn and Tuscaloosa. I have been raised to despise both from birth, and my children are the token Vols at their schools. I lived through Alabama's coaching embarrassment and laughed with glee. Now, it's our turn at the whipping post. But the biggest difference I see is that there is more anger and infighting among our ranks. The Alabama fans, despite all their quirkiness, rallied behind their team, coach and administration when push came to shove. As they celebrate another national title, I envy what they have done. I still cannot stand their fans, but I'm a huge Saban fan. The man commands respect and demands control. I wish I could say the same about Coach Dooley. Time will tell if his tutelge under Saban will rub off. I'm beginning to have my doubts. I don't miss the Fulmer of later years, I don't miss Kiffin, but I do miss being able to hold my head up with pride about the football program from the university that is emblazoned across the top of my diploma....The University of Tennessee.

Great post!

VN Store

Back