For New/Infrequent Posters – The Rules Thread

I think this weekend is going to be a wild ride OT.

Better be prepared to use that ban hammer.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
So nervous about this series....my
BVS is getting to me hard to believe that we are so close to possibly winning the SEC...think I'm gonna take the boy to a movie in the park tonight and record it

I think this weekend is going to be a wild ride OT.

Better be prepared to use that ban hammer.
I’m afraid I’m going to get extremely emotional, one way or the other.
I’m pumped for this series and it’s awesome! I can’t remember the last time I got this excited or had this much anticipation for a Tennessee sporting event.
GBO!!

Reactions: txbo
So nervous about this series....my
BVS is getting to me hard to believe that we are so close to possibly winning the SEC...think I'm gonna take the boy to a movie in the park tonight and record it
Bud, Tennessee baseball is going no where, those kids grow up fast though! No judgement from me, I hope you guys have a great time!
GBO!!

Reactions: VolnJC
OT,
Very grateful you took the time to define the community expectations of civility. Internet bro hug. I've really enjoyed this specific forum. Wonderful decorum (generally) within this group.

Bring mardi gras beads to my tailgates... Hahaha
I've got a house full of them. My wife was raised way down the bayou...south of New Orleans. Serious Cajun Queen. We've got years of Mardi Gras mementos, Masks of all types, beads galore. I've got you hook'd up!

I've got a house full of them. My wife was raised way down the bayou...south of New Orleans. Serious Cajun Queen. We've got years of Mardi Gras mementos, Masks of all types, beads galore. I've got you hook'd up!
Ive got about 100 strings of orange beads. Waiting for this occasion. Last time I gave them out i bet I gave out 400 strings for Battle of Bristol. Huge tailgate.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
did i miss rule that spouse is is not to interrupt poster even if their watching a recording of crucial AB>

Reactions: txbo
Rule #4 Do not EVER debate drawing dead on the art of the “pick off” (you will not win this debate)
Rule #5 do not EVER question txbo’s taste in bourbon (he is very well connected in a Texas crime family, the Cartwright family and it will not end well for you)
Rule #6 Do not EVER take anything NorCal says personal(he can be a smarty pants, but he’s our smarty pants)
Rule #7 Orange Juice Jones gets carried away when we hit home runs and you may draw conclusions by his posts, so just go along with it.
Rule #8 W.TN.Orange Blood is old(really old) so type loudly when responding to him.
Rule #9 border vol is nutty, keep an eye on that guy
Rule #10 vol66 and volnjc are really vandy trolls, scroll right on past their nonsense.
Rule #11 do not break old timers rules. He’s old school and keeps everyone in line and that’s how we like the baseball board!
Rule #12 beat the hawgs!!
GBO!!

Just seen this, very clever cobbwebb.

I debated on even reaching out to Freak about this subject however we have a lot of new folks joining us on the Baseball Forums....and Freak gave me his blessing to post this, so here it goes.

I'll keep it short. The Baseball Forum on the Volnation board has been known as the civilized bunch. We intend for the spirit of that to remain intact. The Baseball Forum is known for the game threads and nuances into the game that many of us do not understand completely as well as many poster’s love for not only Tennessee Baseball but in College Baseball in general.

Over the years, this forum has needed very little moderation, it’s moderated much differently than some other forums because of the above.....

I’d like to lay out some general guidelines:
1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

2. A healthy debate about baseball decisions is welcomed. We don't mind you questioning a call or a decision but give an educated and reasonable explanation as to why you feel as you do. A healthy debate is a good thing, all opinions are welcomed, flat out bashing someone for their opinion is not being tolerated.

3. Keep it Civil, no explanation needed here.

Baseball is a beautiful, wonderful game and most of the regulars here take it very seriously. We encourage you to join in and look forward to interacting with a lot of new folks, but we are happy with lower numbers compared to the Football or Basketball forums. If you can't play by the rules that have worked for years, we would rather you not post here.

I think this run engineered by Coach Tony Vitello and his staff is going to be a blast, let’s keep it civil and enjoy the ride………GO VOLS!!

OT

IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY can we move these rules to the FF??

Reactions: VolNExile and vol66

VN Store

Back