For all you think we may get 6 wins or less....

I You know we have what is considered by most to be the BEST coaching staff in the country right? Just watch and see.

This has been mentioned on this board before. Actually, several times. Beginning with a guy named Kiffin then another guy named Dooley, especially when he brought in a guy from Bama to be the defensive coordinator!!!!! Boy, that turned out well for us. Then, then, then, several times during the tenure of a guy named Lyle..

I believe this is what they call a song and a dance. Maybe it is termed the same ole' song and dance or a derivative of that.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I really don't think you have been paying attention to the recent recruiting and how many very good JUCO's Pruitt has landed the last two years.
He knows what he is doing. This is the year two jump up. Pruitt is a first time head coach too, but has always bleed football. You know we have what is considered by most to be the BEST coaching staff in the country right? Just watch and see.
“Good JUCOS” has been more of an oxymoron for Tennessee the last 5-6 years.
Kamara and Patterson weren't bad
Riyadh Jones
Woody Quinn
Dontavious Blair
Johnathan Johnson
Jeff George
Chris Weatherd
Justin Martin
Johnathan Kongbo
DJ Henderson

Shall I continue or is that good?

“Good JUCOS” has been more of an oxymoron for Tennessee the last 5-6 years.

Riyadh Jones
Woody Quinn
Dontavious Blair
Johnathan Johnson
Jeff George
Chris Weatherd
Justin Martin
Johnathan Kongbo
DJ Henderson

Shall I continue or is that good?

I hate to say this but stop there, I think this list could go on forever.

Based on this past season let’s see how player development is going on the o-line. This season is based on Will Friend’s ability to coach these guys. He has the young men he needs to succeed but I question him has a an O-line coach to develop their talents to take us to the next level. I’m not sold on Will Friend.

I know we have all been bitten many times in the last decade thinking "this is the breakthrough year" so its natural to aim slightly lower but I truly believe 7-5 is the WORST scenario whereas 8-4 is realistic and after that its "this is the breakthrough year"

People worry about Darnell and Wanya being freshman well so were Bryce and Alonte this time last year who now are two of the stars.

Other signs are: only a few injuries, everybody seems so much bigger, hardly anybody except "False Start" wishes to get off the ship. There was glimse last year against Auburn, Kentucky and SC.

There is a feel (this far away) that THIS time we have the right guy in charge.

Looks like our annual dominance of the off season is well on it's way. Enjoy the ride to 8-4 & 9-3 with flirtations of an East Title ... well at least by late August anyway.:cool:

Reactions: 08Vol and McDad
Dontavious Blair to the best of my knowledge never lost his vaunted black stripe under the old regime. As soft as that bunch was says something. I believe the young man basically put it on cruise control and did room and board for the rest of his time on The Hill.

I still think 6-7 is about right. I like our staff but the players still have to go out and play the games. Our OL is probably going to be somewhat better than last year but that isn't saying a whole lot. Relying on two freshmen tackles is not a good place to be. The DL is one big question mark but it seems like there may be some talented guys coming. They just haven't done anything yet. We can only hope.

When you look at the schedule there are really only two games that are absolute wins. We should probably beat BYU and UAB but would you be shocked if we lost? Remember Charlotte gave us all we could handle last year. We should also probably beat KY and Vandy but again, it isn't crazy to think we could possibly lose one of those. Miss St, USC, and Missou are toss ups to me. Gators, probably not this year. UGA and Ala... no. So two automatic wins, two pretty sure losses, and a lot of probablys and maybes, of which we will win our share. More than 7 would be a great year for this team and staff.

I really don't think you have been paying attention to the recent recruiting and how many very good JUCO's Pruitt has landed the last two years.
He knows what he is doing. This is the year two jump up. Pruitt is a first time head coach too, but has always bleed football. You know we have what is considered by most to be the BEST coaching staff in the country right? Just watch and see.
So what do you see as our record this Fall? You can’t come with all this enthusiasm and then leave us hanging! I’m thinking you are guessing 9+ wins in the regular season. I think the most we get is 8 but 7 seems much more likely. I would be fine with either as long as we are making clear progress and not losing due to lack of effort and intensity or lack of intelligence. So what say you?

Reactions: savannahfan
Looks like our annual dominance of the off season is well on it's way. Enjoy the ride to 8-4 & 9-3 with flirtations of an East Title ... well at least by late August anyway.:cool:
I think most would gladly take that.

I'd bet on 8-4 with a shot at 9-3.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
My point of view (free and worth every cent):

The previous failed "head" coach anointed his staff as the best in America. He was very wrong.
The current head coach has quietly moved to create the best staff in America. Some in the media believe he is doing it.
In reality, the results will tell the story. I am willing to wait on it and do not expect to need to wait long.

6-7 wins is about all you can get out of this squad. Pruitt overachieved last season to get us to 5. There’s not enough talent for much more and anyone expecting 8+ wins will be disappointed.

The Spring game showed a lot of small and slow players. We don’t have an SEC caliber team right now.

I still think 6-7 is about right. I like our staff but the players still have to go out and play the games. Our OL is probably going to be somewhat better than last year but that isn't saying a whole lot. Relying on two freshmen tackles is not a good place to be. The DL is one big question mark but it seems like there may be some talented guys coming. They just haven't done anything yet. We can only hope.

When you look at the schedule there are really only two games that are absolute wins. We should probably beat BYU and UAB but would you be shocked if we lost? Remember Charlotte gave us all we could handle last year. We should also probably beat KY and Vandy but again, it isn't crazy to think we could possibly lose one of those. Miss St, USC, and Missou are toss ups to me. Gators, probably not this year. UGA and Ala... no. So two automatic wins, two pretty sure losses, and a lot of probablys and maybes, of which we will win our share. More than 7 would be a great year for this team and staff.
I've seen a few of yall talk about UAB. While the BYU game is early and having 2 frosh on the o-line isn't ideal, I still think UT pulls it out. UAB should be a win though. I would definitely be shocked if UAB beat UT. Pruitt's biggest need is a good OC and I think yall have that in Chaney. He's a veteran play caller and can create some amazing game plans. Sometimes he has issues adapting his game plan after teams adjust, like bamax2 and LSU, but I just don't see UAB having the coaches or players to adjust/stop Chaney's game plan.

Both lines of scrimmage are massive question marks. Hopefully we make the jump against Vandy/USCjr/Mizz and then get a win against one of MState/UF. But recruiting has not been so great that 6 losses is improbable.

Reactions: Titan05 and Pacer92

VN Store

Back