For all the people calling for JG to replace QD

JG clearly has more upside,a better skillset,and takes better care of the ball despite getting less protection with each snap he takes. He is getting slaughtered out there but hasn't been coughing it up or throwing up stupid picks. Scott hasn't put him in position to make many plans. He's no Dobbs but he can make plays with his feet but gets no designed runs and now Scott won't give Kelly or Callaway the ball except in obvious situations. This is the worst,most basic,uncreative offense I've ever seen

Reactions: 2 people
Never said that. I only said it was clear JG is the QB who should clearly be starting in this current TN offense.

I do see potential in him. He is more athletic and can escape bad play calls, poor OL, and WRs not getting open better. And, he currently protects the ball better which is a good thing for a team who can't score.

That's the problem. This offense sucks and isn't effective. There is not a Dobbs and Kamara on the team to salvage something positive out of this sorry offense.

Both are good qbs. Scott is a good coach. This is all Jones.

Scott is a good coach?

Ridiculous.

The Jones Offense that you all hate so much allowed Dobbs to pass (even though his passing mechanics were atrocious) for a near record number of yards, allowed Jalen Hurd to in postion to be the all time leading rusher at Tennesee while splitting time with Alvin Kamra his last year, and win 9 games then past two seasons.

Larry Scott should be looking for a job tomorrow

JG clearly has more upside,a better skillset,and takes better care of the ball despite getting less protection with each snap he takes. He is getting slaughtered out there but hasn't been coughing it up or throwing up stupid picks. Scott hasn't put him in position to make many plans. He's no Dobbs but he can make plays with his feet but gets no designed runs and now Scott won't give Kelly or Callaway the ball except in obvious situations. This is the worst,most basic,uncreative offense I've ever seen

JG and QD in a foot race would be fun to watch. And it would last a while.

Neither are in Dobbs league

Reactions: 1 person
Dude, get it straight. Larry Scott ain't the issue here

Ftr, JG isn't an SEC qb imo. QD was struggling and we're not gonna win with him either, but JG ain't the answer either.

No one is except JOSH DOBBS....

RF playing lights out in Memphis....
Peterman played very well at Pitt...and is in the NFL...

How do we know that Sheriron Jones was not good enough to be the guy?

IMO JG has all the tools to be a very good QB in the SEC...

How many times did the DIP**** coach of ours move the pocket for him to get outside and force bama to defend the field.

Why in the hades do you try to keep a guy like JG locked up in a pocket when your OL couldn't pass protect against USCe?

Jones and crew are truly the most stupid offensive coaches I've literally ever seen....even worse than CDD and his crew.

And that's truly saying something.

His offensive "mind" is the graveyard for ANY QB not named Dobbs!

Reactions: 2 people
How many has JG thrown against similar talent that Dormady played against?

Simply put, take out the UGA and the Bama games as both had 0. Who has more?

If you are beating your chest for umass and cupcake state then I am sad for you.
I’m gonna take the wait and see approach. You may be right, but I saw a grit and toughness to JG that I found impressive. Especially when the meanest defense in the country was literally knocking his helmet off with regularity. He scrambled better, had better pocket presence, made some good throws despite running for his very life. ( I’m not sure he didn’t have a concussion on that last play of the first half. When he got up his eyes weren’t right) our receivers had ZERO separation all night. Bama is the best defense and they showed it. Let’s give JG the same number of games and talk more. I’m going to screen shot you so we can discuss it further in three weeks time.

Scott is the most incompetent OC I think I've ever seen. His play calling had no logical progression at all. It's as if he reaches into a bag and pulls out a play and runs it....he sucks

They have this little cage and 10 numbered balls in it - some are weighted so they don't come up as often. When the ball pops out, they match the number to a chart and call the play.

Now if the QB and the receivers had the same playbooks ... who knows; wonder if responsibility for that falls to one of the quality control guys or if Butch is handling that, too.

If you are beating your chest for umass and cupcake state then I am sad for you.
I’m gonna take the wait and see approach. You may be right, but I saw a grit and toughness to JG that I found impressive. Especially when the meanest defense in the country was literally knocking his helmet off with regularity. He scrambled better, had better pocket presence, made some good throws despite running for his very life. ( I’m not sure he didn’t have a concussion on that last play of the first half. When he got up his eyes weren’t right) our receivers had ZERO separation all night. Bama is the best defense and they showed it. Let’s give JG the same number of games and talk more. I’m going to screen shot you so we can discuss it further in three weeks time.

Better pocket presence? He's been sacked 10 more times than Dormady was. With 7 coming against USC. Even UGA only got 3.

JG has 1 against Indiana State, none against UMASS and none against USC. Dormady has TDs against Florida, GT, Indiana State, and UMASS.

6 to JGs 1.

It's all playing out like it should. Change is coming, take comfort in that. I feel sorry for Currie, the pressure he is going through. I think I've said this before, this is a very important point in our football program

JG fanboys are having a hard time coping with the fact JG isn't any better than Dormady and they are very similar in skillsets.

The problem is not who plays QB.

Reactions: 3 people
Negative yards against UMASS. If the names were reversed, Dormady would be 3rd string to you all with negative yards against UMASS.

Let’s do this in three weeks I will admit I’m wrong if I am. I expect you to nut up if you are wrong. I have your name. I’ll be calling you out one way or the other

Let’s do this in three weeks I will admit I’m wrong if I am. I expect you to nut up if you are wrong. I have your name. I’ll be calling you out one way or the other

I've already admitted, not in this thread but after last week, that so far JG hasn't done anything to lose the position. But he's lightyears away from being the savior you've dubbed him, and it's obvious why he wasn't the starter week 1.

Now, if he goes 3 weeks without a TD, there's no way he needs 5 weeks for you to make that decision. That'd be like if QD didn't score one against UGA, Florida, and GT. And if that had happened, this board would've exploded even more.

I saw a lot of fight in JG today. He never gave up. Has a heart a lot like Kelly. I can't say QD would have done any better.

Guarantano at least seemed more in touch with reality and ready to start learning than the guy flat on his back, helmet off, diamonds sparkling in the sun, wondering what just happened. I think learning starts when players realize and accept that they went from a big fish in a small pond to a little fish surrounded by real predators in a big pond.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back