Football Scoop reporting Helton is out

Oh absolutely. But you can scheme it so simple a 4 yr old can do it but if you don't have the talent then there's nothing to be done. What OL do you think would have any shot at being a starter for a currently ranked top 5 team?? My vote is 0, no one.

How about for Vandy? South Carolina? Missouri? Etc.

"We knew we were gonna get pounded by Vandy all year!"

-VN for 8 months.
Exactly what kind of season were you expecting? Were yoy one of those that expected 8 +/-1 wins? If you were you set yourself up for disappointment.

Right after a 4 win season what could a fan expect? I mean it's not like we're Florida and CJP ain't exactly Mullen.

I think with a couplenof good recruiting classes we should be able to get by Vandy.

Reactions: cheftrapgod
I think when folks mention wanting to slaughter other teams they arent being literal.

But Charles and Ted are dead. That coupled with the fact they didnt play much football (or appear to have any interest) would probably make them a bad fit here. Obviously not as bad a fit as Mike Leach but their personalities and extra curricular activities could potentially cause issues.

Of course if they'd work cheap the admin might be interested.

WTF??

Reactions: feathersax
No, we are being realistic about how bad the team is. Saban couldn't win with this team. No one can. They are that bad. Too many people had too high expectations or didn't understand how bad they are.

Saban also went 7-6 his first season at Bama and told his players that if you didn't want to be there and work than you won't be there.
Pruitt has the same mindset. More than once he's indirectly stated the team is trash.

It'll get better. Heck, it already has. More wins than last year and fewer injuries. So cheer up 👍👍

I agree he called them trash.

Funny how when your hero says that he is just speaking the truth. When another coach (fir example CBJ) does it he is throwing the players under the bus.

Nothing like the smell of hypocrisy to kick off the off-season.

Reactions: shotgun83

Funny how when your hero says that he is just speaking the truth. When another coach (fir example CBJ) does it he is throwing the players under the bus.

uhmmm CBJ was throwing his own recruited players under the bus.

uhmmm CBJ was throwing his own recruited players under the bus.

So throwing players on your team under the bus is okay as long as you didnt recruit them?

Oooh and they are pieces of crap for not "buying in to your process"? Kind of not a smart way to get people to pull together by publicly stating they suck. That wont work in any world whether it is coaching kids in football or running a 9-5 business. If you want people to but into your vision telling others they suck is rarely effective.

Just another reason not to hire a rookie HC.

Unless promoting from within, most coordinators want to bring their own guys, which if they did and Friend left, would hurt recruiting tremendously.

I don’t see a way he can fire him so soon,

So throwing players on your team under the bus is okay as long as you didnt recruit them?

Oooh and they are pieces of crap for not "buying in to your process"? Kind of not a smart way to get people to pull together by publicly stating they suck. That wont work in any world whether it is coaching kids in football or running a 9-5 business. If you want people to but into your vision telling others they suck is rarely effective.

yep if they are not good, which they are not.

Reactions: The Crimson Cried
yep if they are not good, which they are not.

Well we can see how that plan worked out this season.

Perfect for the water carrying coach lovers on here. However for those that expect coaches to coach and improve the players they have this season sucked as the team started out fairly slow and regressed the longer the season went.

What is he gonna say in a couple of years and the guys he recruits still arent being coached up or improved?

My guess is that by that time all the folks so in love with our bama boy coach will have turned on him and work on deleting many of their posts from this season.

CBJ could have but he built the team.. we would have called called for his head much sooner. Pruitt doesn't sugar coat.
This team was just not good. It doesn't matter who they play. They stink. They were lucky to get 5 wins. Sure the coaches made mistakes, but a rotten egg is a rotten egg no matter how pretty you decorate it

Edited cause misread

Last edited:
yeah he got hit alot and had a bad Oline, but not all the sacks and hits were on the oline only. JG cant read a blitz or has any pocket presence what so ever.
I don't disagree. So, what do we make of that? Who's lap does that land in?

Where is the Proof? I would not give any credence to anything "reported" through social media. JMHO.

We have learned nothing from last year. Where’s MIT Beaver to tell us that Sean McVay is leaving LA to coach our offense?

Last edited:
Well we can see how that plan worked out this season.

Perfect for the water carrying coach lovers on here. However for those that expect coaches to coach and improve the players they have this season sucked as the team started out fairly slow and regressed the longer the season went.

What is he gonna say in a couple of years and the guys he recruits still arent being coached up or improved?

My guess is that by that time all the folks so in love with our bama boy coach will have turned on him and work on deleting many of their posts from this season.

You just regurgitate the same garbage. Those who like Pruitt are coach lovers. Blah, blah, blah. You dont like him. We get it. You dont expect nothing more than anyone else. You like to think you do but you dont. You are nothing more than your own personal back patter.

VN Store

Back