Football Scoop - Randy Shannon has agreed to DC

Tennessee has not contacted Randy Shannon.

I think his words were something like "If we hire Randy Shannon it will be the best kept secret ever."

Edit: Correct if wrong LWS, or if things have changed.

Didn't LWS say this a few days ago though? Before the Orange Bowl. Things could have definitely changed. Anybody know if LWS still feels this way?

Reactions: 1 person
Key word..."should" and that used to be true...now....not so much.

We have more money, better facilities, much more tradition and a 100k stadium in the premier conference In the country.

If we lose Shannon to WVU, Dooley will not be here this time next year

Tennessee: I have confirmed that Tennessee head coach Derek Dooley has not made any contact with Randy Shannon. Last night, an erroneous report surfaced on another site that Shannon had accepted the defensive corodinator job in Knoxville. Again, Dooley has made zero contact with Shannon at this point.

Coaching Search Ticker | CoachingSearch.com

I have no idea if Shannon has been hired or not, but I can tell you that The Scoop is held in high regard, while I've never heard of that website. Also, I find it funny how that site has copied the Scoop's design.

I have no idea if Shannon has been hired or not, but I can tell you that The Scoop is held in high regard, while I've never heard of that website. Also, I find it funny how that site has copied the Scoop's design.

Pete is new to the game, trying to make a splash, has not broken a single story on the coaching carousel this off-season.

Just to give a heads up on The Scoops accuracy thus far, I went back and read their posts concerning Tennessee since the Kentucky game.

- When Charlie Baggett was fired (or retired, whatever) the two leading candidates to take his place were Larry Porter and Tee Martin

- When June Jones was not hired at ASU, Justin Wilcox and Mark Helfrich were the two top candidates.... (Todd Graham was hired)

Also just read that WVU will need to hire an OC for next year as well. Holgerson said he intends on strictly being the HC next year, and not both. Who knows??

Just to give a heads up on The Scoops accuracy thus far, I went back and read their posts concerning Tennessee since the Kentucky game.

- When Charlie Baggett was fired (or retired, whatever) the two leading candidates to take his place were Larry Porter and Tee Martin

- When June Jones was not hired at ASU, Justin Wilcox and Mark Helfrich were the two top candidates.... (Todd Graham was hired)

But did they confirm they were going there? If not then what is the relevance?

They could have been the top candidates, just because none of them were hired doesn't mean they weren't first choice or leading.

Being a TN fan you should know this, oh wait, nm

tee martin was not interested in the vols, and he was not contacted. I quote "I not interested in them with this current coaching staff even if i was aske."

That's b/c the ASU hiring process took 10 seconds for the AD to send a text to Graham "you want the job?", and 3 seconds for Graham to respond "yep."

Here's another thing to ponder as far as WVU is concerned, if as many have stated Shannon does want to become a head coach in the future, would you rather establish your name in the SEC or the Big 12/Big Least/whichever conference WVU will call home next year???

But did they confirm they were going there? If not then what is the relevance?

They could have been the top candidates, just because none of them were hired doesn't mean they weren't first choice or leading.

Being a TN fan you should know this, oh wait, nm

Tee Martin was not offered a job here or talked to about an opening here.

Tee Martin was not offered a job here or talked to about an opening here.

So they missed 1 out of 4 since you just brought up Tee. 75 pct is not that bad. Now do research on all the hires in college football. See if the percentages goes up or down.

VN Store

Back