Football Scoop - Randy Shannon has agreed to DC

Vols_Beat Austin Ward
I've seen the reports of a deal between Randy Shannon and the Vols. I'm told reliably that right now there is no truth to them.

Austin Ward @Vols_Beat
I've seen the reports of a deal between Randy Shannon and the Vols. I'm told reliably that right now there is no truth to them.

Dooley probably wants to vet the pen used to ink the deal. He's deciding between quill and ball point right now. I bet he doesn't even allow his assistants to sign their own deals. He has to be there with his hand on top of theirs.

Dooley probably wants to vet the pen used to ink the deal. He's deciding between quill and ball point right now. I bet he doesn't even allow his assistants to sign their own deals. He has to be there with his hand on top of theirs.

Feather dipped in ink IMO.

I'm enjoying the Hart-lead coaching search much more than the Hamilton-lead coaching search. Knoxville media was still denying on Nashville radio this morning that contact with Shannon had even been made. Had this been a Hamilton coaching search, they would have had Brent and Wes call Randy to ask him if he wanted the job.

Hopefully the dawning of a new day on Rocky Top.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm enjoying the Hart-lead coaching search much more than the Hamilton-lead coaching search. Knoxville media was still denying on Nashville radio this morning that contact with Shannon had even been made. Had this been a Hamilton coaching search, they would have had Brent and Wes call Randy to ask him if he wanted the job.

Hopefully the dawning of a new day on Rocky Top.

Agreed, if this were a Hamilton search, we would have already been publicly turned down by 10 VERY high profile coaches.

Reactions: 1 person

He da_n sure won't be undermined! This is a critical time in Dooley's career, and In my opinion, He's living up to his IQ..

He's done nothing but make smart hires lately, and hang on to his recruits..

Eye'm impressed!

Last edited:
Agreed, if this were a Hamilton search, we would have already been publicly turned down by 10 VERY high profile coaches.

If this was a Hamilton search, the first offer out would have been to Spangler, who would have accepted a 1 million dollar contract with, a 4 million dollar buyout.

wesrucker247 Wes Rucker
Dooley would like to hire a DC in next 48-72 hours. Might be Randy Shannon. We'll see. Source says process "nowhere near" that point though.

VN Store

Back