Football Commentators

Brees is a sellout.
LeBron is pushing equality but has his shoes made in sweat shops for pennies a day.
Brees has a broadcasting job already finalized after his retirement. Went a little above and beyond with the Blake on the helmet thing but he has something to lose.

Reactions: LittleVol
Anyone watching football today. It is almost unbearable to listen to commentators. Just constant “social injustice” comments while the game is going on. I turned game on to watch football not to be lectured to.
I quit watching the Eastern Kentucky-Marshall game because of it. Little talk of football; just societal issues.

Watch those NFL ratings tank this coming Thursday night and you'll begin to see a leveling off of the woke selling going on is my prediction. They are push selling it, the vast majority of the people are not buying it.

I always mute the tv broadcast and turn on the radio and listen to the Vols games. I’m done with ALL pro sports. And when UT replaces the checkerboards with blm crap I’m done there too.

I hope they don't do that. And I support BLM.

I like football...what did you expect??
Them to fill the dead airtime with stuff having nothing to do with football, like is frequently done. And to be fair most of ESPN's coverage of the social justice stuff was coverage of the protests on campuses which football players themselves organized and/or participated in, so it wasn't pulled out of absolutely nowhere.

Them to fill the dead airtime with stuff having nothing to do with football, like is frequently done. And to be fair most of ESPN's coverage of the social justice stuff was coverage of the protests on campuses which football players themselves organized and/or participated in, so it wasn't pulled out of absolutely nowhere.
If you're a sports commentator; stick to sports....

Reactions: OrangeVolMan
Football is escapism. Football isn't social news or commentary. Meathead jocks don't know sh*t about privilege and whatever anyway. Stick to sports, I agree.
I get what you’re saying Butch but ask yourself this . What segment of society would have benefited from privilege more than a professional athlete? I realize that relative to the population size that pro athletes would provide a small sampling size but other than the old money / ultra wealthy I cannot think of anyone more likely to have benefited from privilege than said athletes. How many times have we heard of teachers and professors looking the other way when schoolwork was not completed , classes were not attended , tests were not passed ? What about privilege in the criminal justice system ? How many times have we heard about a guy getting a free pass for domestic assault or worse (hello OJ) , drunk driving , drug offenses etc..? Even those who don’t make it to the next level are still benefiting from free educations and then preferred hiring from employers who are alumnus of the same school.

People have used whatever privilege that they were capable of benefiting from since the beginning of time. If someone is able to get a leg up in this world and better the cause of themselves and their families because somebody else wants to skip them up the ladder then more power to them . I know that a lot of hard work also goes into becoming a pro athlete but my issue is being lectured by someone who was given every privilege to make more money in a year than many will make in a lifetime about the evils of “privilege “ .

I get what you’re saying Butch but ask yourself this . What segment of society would have benefited from privilege more than a professional athlete? I realize that relative to the population size that pro athletes would provide a small sampling size but other than the old money / ultra wealthy I cannot think of anyone more likely to have benefited from privilege than said athletes. How many times have we heard of teachers and professors looking the other way when schoolwork was not completed , classes were not attended , tests were not passed ? What about privilege in the criminal justice system ? How many times have we heard about a guy getting a free pass for domestic assault or worse (hello OJ) , drunk driving , drug offenses etc..? Even those who don’t make it to the next level are still benefiting from free educations and then preferred hiring from employers who are alumnus of the same school.

People have used whatever privilege that they were capable of benefiting from since the beginning of time. If someone is able to get a leg up in this world and better the cause of themselves and their families because somebody else wants to skip them up the ladder then more power to them . I know that a lot of hard work also goes into becoming a pro athlete but my issue is being lectured by someone who was given every privilege to make more money in a year than many will make in a lifetime about the evils of “privilege “ .
I absolutely know athletes have privilege well beyond what us plebes have. But the fact that you have braindead doofuses like slavedriving Lebron ranting and raving about white privilege and "systemic racism" while making millions to play a game shows that they have no idea what privilege is.

Reactions: Jravol78
I tried twice today to watch, but each time I turned it on, they were in the middle of a domestic terrorist organization propaganda infomercial. Immediately turned it off each time.

I absolutely know athletes have privilege well beyond what us plebes have. But the fact that you have braindead doofuses like slavedriving Lebron ranting and raving about white privilege and "systemic racism" while making millions to play a game shows that they have no idea what privilege is.
touché

All I know is I can't believe Notre Dame gets Mike Tirico and Tony Dungy every NBC game and the SEC seemingly can't do better than Gary Danielson.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back