Florida Looks Very Beatable

Florida has been beatable a few times over the past 10 years.. we have only beat them 1 time. I am not gonna count my chickens before they hatch

All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.
You can count on being disappointed again. I’ve only seen a duck pull a truck 1 time in 16-17 years. It’s not going to happen this year.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

I’ve seen this too many times before only to watch them dismantle the Vols. Never underestimate anyone…. Ever….. that’s how you get your ass kicked by the kid wearing Coke bottle glasses and high water pants.

On the DL, yes. Not a fan of subbing much on the OLine. Continuity is key there. And blocking is less taxing than trying to beat blocks and rush the passer.

I hope you are correct. The center was injured on the 3rd series and had to leave the game for the 2nd quarter, we did not have a drive without him. This is what I'm talking about, if a starting lineman is injured, tired, dinged or loses his helmet the team will be weakened more than the SEC opposition.

Wally Cleaver's teams have been known to get better throughout the year. I'm hoping we do the same. I'm optimistic.

You my friend are like me--hoping against hope. Until we actually get a W against Florida, Georgia or Alabama, I will try and keep my heart from getting broken again.

No one in the SEC East has a really good football team other than Georgia. While Florida is certainly not a great team they are still an imposing challenge for us this year. As others said, they will be coming off a beat down by Bama. Our best hope is Bama beats them twice, once for them and once for us. The Gators are not good enough to beat us us if they spend the whole of Tennessee week licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves. However, more than likely they rally and beat us soundly.

Richardson looks like a future star @QB for them.

Florida will be a run team this year. And that might be enough. Banks, Mitchell and McCullough better bring their hard hats for that game.
They looks to have some passrushers.

Florida could have a 5th string walk on and still beat us. I truly believe this until we prove wrong. For whatever reason, Florida always pulls it out against the Vols and I have to take all the smack from all my cousins who live in Gainesville about every year.

I hope you are correct. The center was injured on the 3rd series and had to leave the game for the 2nd quarter, we did not have a drive without him. This is what I'm talking about, if a starting lineman is injured, tired, dinged or loses his helmet the team will be weakened more than the SEC opposition.

Agree. Gotta have some depth on the OL because injuries will happen. On the OL, you need to have about 8 guys you can count on to play 5 positions (with some guys who can play Guard or Tackle) for that reason. On the DLine, you need 8-10 guys you can count on to play 4 positions because, even without injuries, you have to rotate guys in and out.

In other words, OL depth is mostly in case of injuries, while DL depth is needed even if you don’t have injuries so you can keep em fresh.

Reactions: mercuryvol

VN Store

Back