Florida Looks Very Beatable

Seems someone starts this same exact thread every year. I have seen UF teams block each other, tackle each other, almost lose to horrible teams, replace starting QBs in the first or second game, etc. Yet, somehow, every year, they know how to beat us. Whether a hail mary, a TD on 4th and 15, getting the only TD in a FG battle, coaches going off the chart, etc....they always find a way to make it hurt.

With our record vs. them, it is a loss until we prove we can win.
Exactly. I don't recall the year, but one week before playing us their center was literally rolling the ball back to their QB every time and they nearly lost to a patsy. Sure enough, they show up 1 week later and beat us. Something about UF brings out the worst in us.

OMG, we don't ****ing beat Florida and we looked awful too. Why is everyone always so quick to try and get their hopes up when absolutely nothing in the last decade says we have any reason to?

Reactions: Flipdaddy and 08Vol
Seems someone starts this same exact thread every year. I have seen UF teams block each other, tackle each other, almost lose to horrible teams, replace starting QBs in the first or second game, etc. Yet, somehow, every year, they know how to beat us. Whether a hail mary, a TD on 4th and 15, getting the only TD in a FG battle, coaches going off the chart, etc....they always find a way to make it hurt.

With our record vs. them, it is a loss until we prove we can win.

One of many frustrating things about being a Tennessee fan from 2008-present is not just losing to Florida (the team I hate most in all of sports) every season but one of those, but the fact that Florida hasn’t been great during that stretch. Yes, they’ve had some good (no great) teams, but they’ve also had some very beatable teams that a normal Tennessee team would handle easily…like every Muschamp and McElwein team. The last Meyer team in 2010, as well. If Tennessee had been Tennessee in that span, it would be the Vols who would have a streak going over the Gators. Instead, we’ve been owned by what has been a mediocre program.

When we line up against these fully stocked SEC teams like UF we will be at a huge disadvantage. Coach must rotate linemen on both sides of the ball. The drop off when the back ups come in is a key issue. UF will have a minimal drop off while UT's will be huge. SEC coaches are going to take full advantage. I don't even want to talk about replacing injured players.

All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.

I hope you are right. However, I don't think it will happen with the guy starting now. He can throw the hell out of the ball, BUT CAN"T PASS WORTH A DAMN!! I don't care who his coach/teacher is, one week (or maybe a season) can't change what he is doing (or is not doing) and as far as a runner, all I saw was a guy who would wilt as soon as the going got tough, what looked like the (don't get hit hard, slow down) was not a big guy who wanted to mix it up.

UT should match up reasonably well along the LOS. Neither team passed well. Both teams ran well. Neither played a good opponent but FAU is better than BGSU. "Inferior" implies a wide margin of difference. That's probably not the right term. UF is likely a better roster overall. The one thing that may help UT is that they'll likely be coming off a complete beatdown by Bama.

We will know a lot more about UT after Pitt.
With what we lost in transfers the proper term is inferior in both first team and backup. The positions we are fairly equal in is O line and QB.

All but no passing attack. So so tackling. Defensive backs couldn't cover.

Not at all impressed. Our passing will improve and easily outpace them.

I'm counting the game as a W.

No you aren't; you're doing the same thing people here do every year before a game we'll be heavy underdogs: you're just posting this just in case it actually happens so you can say you called it. If we lose, you won't ever come back to this thread to eat your crow.

UT should match up reasonably well along the LOS. Neither team passed well. Both teams ran well. Neither played a good opponent but FAU is better than BGSU. "Inferior" implies a wide margin of difference. That's probably not the right term. UF is likely a better roster overall. The one thing that may help UT is that they'll likely be coming off a complete beatdown by Bama.

We will know a lot more about UT after Pitt.

I think this is a reasonable take.

Passing game was shaky, although a positive to be gleaned from even the passing game was zero sacks given up and zero QB hurries given up in 35 passing attempts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a UF OL give up zero sacks/hurries on that many attempts.

I was disappointed in Emory. He played great the first two drives then he just sorta went into a fog, very much like Milton. The most confounding part was he was missing easy passes that we’ve already seen him make repeatedly throughout his career. Maybe nerves/pressure of the “starter” got to him? Making matters worse for him is the absolute freak behind him, Anthony Richardson. Emory needs to play well to keep that guy on the bench. He didn’t. Anthony Richardson may win a Heisman at Florida. That dude is ridiculously athletic for that size. A bigger, stronger Lamar Jackson. But he still needs reps and experience.

Florida’s defense was pretty good. Certainly looked better than last year. They got 6 sacks, two turnovers, but gave up too many First downs for my liking. They pitched a shutout for most of the game, gave up two 4th quarter TD’s with a bunch of reserves in, so they didn’t finish well at all.

I’m much less confident in beating Bama now than I was coming into the season, both because they looked phenomenal, and because we just looked okay. Bryce Young looks like a right handed Tua. Ridiculous. However, Bama is the only team in America I feel that way about. Nobody else I saw makes me think “unbeatable.”

So glad CFB is back!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Florida has looked beatable the last several years but Tennedysfunctionalsee seems to blow it every time.

When we line up against these fully stocked SEC teams like UF we will be at a huge disadvantage. Coach must rotate linemen on both sides of the ball. The drop off when the back ups come in is a key issue. UF will have a minimal drop off while UT's will be huge. SEC coaches are going to take full advantage. I don't even want to talk about replacing injured players.

On the DL, yes. Not a fan of subbing much on the OLine. Continuity is key there. And blocking is less taxing than trying to beat blocks and rush the passer.

This team has something different going on. I think they’ve been through the fire and are coming out better for it. I still think they snatch one from the gators or dogs.

VN Store

Back