Florida is not anywhere near good

Gators were an extra point/failed 2 pt conversion from forcing Bama into an OT situation. Bama at times looked stunned as the Gators scored on three straight drives.

The AR15 kid wasn't even in the game. Imagine Mullen holding him over until the game this week! -17.5? I'm saying -37.5. It ain't looking good and I don't like the Vol QB situation either.

Reactions: Credo
This is some of the disconnect I have with you. Tennessee does this kind of stuff consistently. As an example, Milton missed throws because that's who he is. He didn't play poorly. He misses throws. If he actually made some throws, that would be the more unlikely event.
And that is your "disconnect"... you are a condescending jerk.

I didn't say anything other than Milton missed those passes. By EVERY REPORT he had been hitting them consistently in practice. Read my posts concerning Milton. I have no expectations except that he play well or someone else plays.

Tennessee making mistakes, playing poorly, shooting itself in the foot......that's the norm.
Until they're coached well and it stops being "the norm".

The same way Florida, IMO, actually "beat" Alabama in the sense that you are speaking of. But, which team made crucial penalties? Which team fielded a kickoff that bounced off their chest and went out of bounds at the 1. Which team didn't do things like that? Alabama won because they had a false start here and there, but didn't do anything stupid. That's Alabama. That's who Alabama is. Florida on the other hand, isn't that sound. They throw some stupid in there a handful of times or more in a game.
So you are saying Bama is not a more talented team across the board, correct?

For Tennessee, unfortunately for you all, they have a big bag of mistakes and boneheaded plays, and they make sure to empty it every Saturday.
And you take great joy in promoting the idea that this is "fate" rather than a condition. I'm not sure you altogether realize how arrogant you are.

All I know is that Florida is going to bring it. We better have a great game plan because if we don’t we are going to get crushed. Heupel has coached long enough to know that Hooker is our best bet to win. If he starts Milton we are screwed . Our real season starts in the Swamp.

And that is your "disconnect"... you are a condescending jerk.

I didn't say anything other than Milton missed those passes. By EVERY REPORT he had been hitting them consistently in practice. Read my posts concerning Milton. I have no expectations except that he play well or someone else plays.

Until they're coached well and it stops being "the norm".

So you are saying Bama is not a more talented team across the board, correct?

And you take great joy in promoting the idea that this is "fate" rather than a condition. I'm not sure you altogether realize how arrogant you are.

Alabama is more talented across the board. If they played again, I think you’d get a different result.

Yesterday, as the game was played the team that won did less dumb things than the team that lost.

And when you go on the road as Tennessee is about to…..and you are less talented…..and you do dumb things all game long…..it’s tough to win.

As evidenced by the fact that Tennessee continues to lose toss up games or to inferior opponents every year at home.

Now, this thread was about Florida not being “anywhere near good”.

I’ve got some evidence that says Florida is capable of playing at a high level.

You’re going to have to work real hard to find evidence of Tennessee doing the same

Reactions: Jaws
Alabama is more talented across the board. If they played again, I think you’d get a different result.

Yesterday, as the game was played the team that won did less dumb things than the team that lost.

And when you go on the road as Tennessee is about to…..and you are less talented…..and you do dumb things all game long…..it’s tough to win.

As evidenced by the fact that Tennessee continues to lose toss up games or to inferior opponents every year at home.

You’re going to have to work real hard to find evidence of Tennessee doing the same
UT should make this trip.... and take a chance on playing well enough to compete. How's that?

UT is under a new staff. That staff is coaching kids up and trying to break them out of old patterns. Heupel full well recognized that UT had some bad team tendencies when he arrived. That's why he had them playing softball and dodgeball and doing other "team building" stuff. He recognized that the "culture" finds quick sand a lot.

So he will try to get them to correct their mistakes, clear their heads, and compete. Go ahead and shoot any UT fan who dares offend YOU by having a little hope that he might just be the guy to get us there

Think what you want but they’re pretty much a joke
If they are a joke then what are we as were not going to be in the game probably by halftime. Looks to me to be one of their better teams. There were teams in the past I thought we could beat and lost most of those games so this one looks scary.

UT should make this trip.... and take a chance on playing well enough to compete. How's that?

UT is under a new staff. That staff is coaching kids up and trying to break them out of old patterns. Heupel full well recognized that UT had some bad team tendencies when he arrived. That's why he had them playing softball and dodgeball and doing other "team building" stuff. He recognized that the "culture" finds quick sand a lot.

So he will try to get them to correct their mistakes, clear their heads, and compete. Go ahead and shoot any UT fan who dares offend YOU by having a little hope that he might just be the guy to get us there

That’s not the argument I am making at all.

UF came as close to beating the # 1 team in the country than I have seen in 2 years. If not getting beat by Bama is the only measure of a "good" team, then there is is the only one good team in America.;)

Y’all have a great team. You might have given Alabama their only close game of the year. I hate everything about your team but anyone talking as if Florida isn’t good this year is delusional

I don’t care if they are good or bad and of course I’d choose for them to be terrible. Simple fact is they have Tennessee’s number before they even get off the bus and have for too long of a time. Of course we are less talented and have been on numerous occasions. Talent isn’t everything(of course it helps tremendously) and it boils down to who wants it more. When UT players and coaches finally get out of their heads and actually play to win instead of trying to keep it close it may change.

The way our offensive and defensive lines have played thus far, I just don't think that they have the toughness and skill to go toe to toe with Florida. Why? There is no reason why they aren't good enough. But they haven't played at a level that shows they are. Maybe they will show up in the Swamp and open a can of whupass, but they usually don't.
We are 1 & 16 in the last 17 games verse the gators

Gators were an extra point/failed 2 pt conversion from forcing Bama into an OT situation. Bama at times looked stunned as the Gators scored on three straight drives.

The AR15 kid wasn't even in the game. Imagine Mullen holding him over until the game this week! -17.5? I'm saying -37.5. It ain't looking good and I don't like the Vol QB situation either.
For those who have eyes let them see

Reactions: OrangeWave2
That’s not the argument I am making at all.
It sounds like you’re not making any argument worth wasting any time over then. You’re argument is “Florida is so much better than Tennessee.” If that’s what you’re going for, congrats. We have a new coach and our last one screwed us over.

UF is currently a stable program and will win more games than UT whose program is currently unstable. That said, there is plenty of evidence UF is capable of playing bad on any given Saturday and are not capable of being among the recent elites of the past 5ish years (Bama, Clemson, OSU, Georgia, Oklahoma), so UT will show up correctly believing that Florida’s ability is not beyond reproach. Every game at the SEC level is a couple injuries/bad bounces/standout performances from swinging the game completely toward an unexpected result.

Last edited:
It sounds like you’re not making any argument worth wasting any time over then. You’re argument is “Florida is so much better than Tennessee.” If that’s what you’re going for, congrats. We have a new coach and our last one screwed us over.

And yet you wasted time on it.

All I know is that Florida is going to bring it. We better have a great game plan because if we don’t we are going to get crushed. Heupel has coached long enough to know that Hooker is our best bet to win. If he starts Milton we are screwed . Our real season starts in the Swamp.
We are an afterthought to the gators. They’ll roll out and play a game they know they are supposed to win, pack it up and get ready for next week. That’s how this series works.
GBO??

Really? Do you really "hope you are wrong"? If you were... would you actually take such pleasure in laying it on the rest of us?

No. UT is no more thin than UK, MU, et al. UF is better. UGA and Bama are much better.

With the portal and possible recruiting rule changes, Heupel needs to prove he can beat THOSE teams and be more competitive with the others. Then he has a sales pitch that can change things in a hurry. This still comes down to coaching.
Huh? Taking pleasure? You lost me with that comment. No way UK, MU, Ole Miss are as thin as we are….

Think what you want but they’re pretty much a joke
I have no idea which game you were watching to get that opinion. The FL vs AL game I saw, UF made AL look like a very good team instead of an all star team (something no one has done in a while). They may not have to throw 1 pass to beat us. Sad but true.

That's true of UGA and Bama. It may be true of UF. Ole Miss can score tons of points.....

But what on EARTH has UK, USCe, or Mizzou done that impresses you folks so much? UK could have, and probably should have, lost to UTC.
I'm not one of these goofs that thinks we can't win another game. Just pointing out that it's going to get harder as we face athletic defenses with depth.

VN Store

Back