Florida better than expected?

I must admit I chuckled after last week’s win vs Utah. Richardson was proclaimed the second coming….give him the Heisman now….#1 NFL pick. I knew it was all a bunch of hyped up **** and I’m glad to see him and the Gators back down to earth.

You’re definitely right except I see this every year. No matter how much better I think UT is, before the game the coaching staff at Florida gives their players the Michael Jordan “Secret Stuff” from Space Jam and somehow they run us off the field. Expect nothing less than Cam Newton 2.0 that week.

Like I said, Richardson isn't beating you with his arm. Contain him on the ground and force him to throw. He makes very bad decisions and is pretty inaccurate. Amazing athlete, but he has a lot to learn about playing QB.
We said the same thing about Emory Jones last year.. honestly I'd rather play against a competent drop back passer that wasn't mobile.

Florida didn’t look good last night. And QB15 sure didn’t look like a Heisman contender. But watch Florida play like national champion contenders when they play us. Don’t know why but they always seems to play well against us.

Florida didn’t look good last night. And QB15 sure didn’t look like a Heisman contender. But watch Florida play like national champion contenders when they play us. Don’t know why but they always seems to play well against us.
UK is deep and experienced. They don’t have elite talent, but stoops has built a program and they obviously have a good S&C program.

Kentucky dominated Florida in the swamp, and I’m still much more confident in Tennessee beating the Wildcats and not so much against the Gators.

Well I wouldn’t say dominated. Richardson basically threw 2 pick 6’s so they spotted UK 14 points ala JG. UK had virtually done little until Richardsons FUBARs.

We have to beat Florida Kentucky limited them to 16 points we should be able to defend them almost as well. I trust the offense and Hooker to get a lot better by that game and we will see a lot better execution when that games comes around.

We have to beat Florida Kentucky limited them to 16 points we should be able to defend them almost as well. I trust the offense and Hooker to get a lot better by that game and we will see a lot better execution when that games comes around.

These are going to be difficult games. We'll win if we make fewer mistakes, especially on special teams.

UK is deep and experienced. They don’t have elite talent, but stoops has built a program and they obviously have a good S&C program.
They have a great S&C program. Stoops has built a very solid 8 to 10 win program. Hats off to him that program was a dumpster fire when he took it over.

Reactions: feathersax
We said the same thing about Emory Jones last year.. honestly I'd rather play against a competent drop back passer that wasn't mobile.

To be fair, every decent QB torched us last year. Will this year be different? I guess we'll see. It doesn't change what I said about Richardson. Contain him in the run game and force him to beat you with his arm. At this point in his career, he is way too inconsistent in the passing game to be feared.

If I were Nebraska I’d throw the bank at stoops
Not sure he’d go but I’d be for it. There are very few coaches out there w his resume but not sure why he would go. Nebraska like UT before Josh…hard to convince people to come to a place where their careers may end

Fair statement. I do think that Florida is alot better than most, including me, expected. But they did play a PAC-12 team, and while they’re really good they’re still PAC-12.

We have seen what happens to fundamentally sound PAC-12 teams with good skill players when they line up against the monsters that we have in the SEC when it comes to size and speed.

Florida will be a hard out this year regardless, but I’m not hitting the panic button just yet.

Actually, I do not remember Tennessee's record against PAC-12 being anything to hoot about.

If I were Nebraska I’d throw the bank at stoops

At this point, that's a pretty big step down for Stoops (assuming you're talking about Mark Stoops). I imagine Mark Stoops is waiting out Kirk Ferentz to retire at Iowa since that's his alma mater.

VN Store

Back