'22 Flip Candidates

I just hope there’s enough 5 stars left for Bama and Georgia this year. They suffered enough in recruiting the last few years via the McDonald’s scandal somebody had to speak up.

OFFENSE
QB- Destin Wade (UK)
RB- Jordan James (UGA), Dallan Hayden (Ohio St)
TE- N/A
WR- Kaleb Webb (ECU)
OL- N/A

DEFENSE
DE- N/A
DT- D'Andre Martin (VT), Marquis Gracial (Mizzou), Bishop Thomas (FSU)
LB- Keaten Wade (UK)
DB- Kody Jones (Michigan), Andre Stewart (UK), Jourdan Thomas (Miss St), Kylon Griffin (Miss St), Tyler Woodard (Miss St)

Recently Decommitted From A School
DB Jeremiah Caldwell, DB Kenzy Paul, CB Davison Igbinosun

VQ also mentioned that we will reach out to some recruits committed elsewhere and work them after the Mizzou win and I will try to update the list as new candidates emerge.
Would add DeMario Tolan (LSU) and Zane Durant (Penn State) to the list. Vols are still trying some with these guys. Never know what may happen during the coaching carousel after the season, but these two programs may be affected. Would love either.

The Wade twins won’t come cause JH won’t give Destin Wade a shot at QB.

Caldwell, Webb, and maybe Kody Jones we have a shot at flipping.
I don't see the Wade twins flipping, but if I were CJH, I would give Destin a "shot" at QB. Why not? He's a freakish athlete than can play multiple positions.
Who knows.....he could surprise at QB.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I don't see the Wade twins flipping, but if I were CJH, I would give Destin a "shot" at QB. Why not? He's a freakish athlete than can play multiple positions.
Because in doing so you might run off the actual QB in the class?

The Wade twins won’t come cause JH won’t give Destin Wade a shot at QB.

Caldwell, Webb, and maybe Kody Jones we have a shot at flipping.
Was that a public announcement that Destin Wade won't get a shot at QB or your private consultations with CJH?

If Jackson is afraid of competition from Wade, then he isn't the guy anyway............
I get that, but you don’t bring in a “project QB” as competition IMO. If you’re going to do that then you either bring in a guy you are confident in (that doesn’t seem to be Wade) or a guy from the transfer portal.

I get that, but you don’t bring in a “project QB” as competition IMO. If you’re going to do that then you either bring in a guy you are confident in (that doesn’t seem to be Wade) or a guy from the transfer portal.
I guess it depends on what Hooker decides. If he leaves, ya can't go into next year with just two QBs (Jackson and Milton). Need two more. Hope they don't scare away Jackson.

Reactions: pierce60
I would rather him lose those two than create a reputation that he will deceive players like that. Over time, integrity will get you the right guys.

I would rather him lose those two than create a reputation that he will deceive players like that. Over time, integrity will get you the right guys.
I didn’t mean lie to him. A legitimate chance. I put shot in quotation marks because most here don’t think he has any chance of being a QB.

I shouldn’t have used the “””””

Butch Jones lied his azz off and it came back to bite him once recruits and players figured out he was full of crap

Reactions: walkenvol and sjt18
I didn’t mean lie to him. A legitimate chance. I put shot in quotation marks because most here don’t think he has any chance of being a QB.

I shouldn’t have used the “””””
I guess my question would be whether Heupel truly thinks he has any shot at all of becoming a QB. I don't think he's a QB at UK either but they have had several run first QB's recently.

Butch Jones lied his azz off and it came back to bite him once recruits and players figured out he was full of crap
Yep. I never want to go down a road like that again.

I'm pretty hardened on Jones. I get a lot of push back from some people but I think he's the worst coach UT has hired since Fulmer. IMHO, he was saved by having some legacy and homer recruits fall into his lap... and he managed to squander that.

Grown men shouldn’t lie to high school kids. Kentucky did this already to Cobb. I know it’s a different staff.

VN Store

Back